View Poll Results: Which would you have?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gallardo

31 47.69%
  • DB9

34 52.31%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gallardo VS DB9

The DB9.

Better looking
    Better noise
    Cheaper list price
    Better Image

I know this is an old thread but I'd like to say I've got a black Gallardo and a Grey DB9 in my showroom, they're both $140k, they both sound awesome, but the Lambo is for the playboy and the Aston is more of an everyday ride. I'd feel goofy driving around in the Gallardo. Aston all the way (except maybe track day).

i'd have a gallardo, imo it's better looking just because of how squat and bullish (no pun intended) it is
    it's the better driver's car
    smaller than the DB9
    Audi "parts bin" > Ford "parts bin"
    Quality will be brilliant because it's an audi, rather than DB9s, which are said to be very unreliable

So... even though i am a biiiiig fan of Aston, it's got to be the gallardo, especially a spyder version
    (sorry for continuing the dead thread thing, i only saw after posting and would now like to know about hoov23)

Quote Originally Posted by hoov23
    I know this is an old thread but I'd like to say I've got a black Gallardo and a Grey DB9 in my showroom, they're both $140k, they both sound awesome, but the Lambo is for the playboy and the Aston is more of an everyday ride. I'd feel goofy driving around in the Gallardo. Aston all the way (except maybe track day).
    do you mean you own these cars, or you have simply driven them a few times??

DB9...but I must admit the Gallardo does look very nice

I love the look of the DB9, and I would choose it even though I tend to be much more concerned with performance than style or comfort. If I wanted a hardcore supercar for a track I would not buy a Gallardo. The DB9 fills its niche much better.

Gallardo is for children, DB9 for grown ups.

Ehm.. yeah. I'll probably get flamed for this.
    All I need: Audi S8 & Porsche 911 Carrera S

Most of you guys aren't getting the point here. The Aston is a piece of motorting execelence. And as a bonus a work of art too. The Gallardo isn't even a proper Lambo. All it really is is a beefed up Audi with an ugly body. Its a car of class and charm. A thing of beauty. Whereas the Lambo on the other hand is a car of brute force, power and vulgarity. A beast. The Aston is way more sophisticated. The Lambo is for playboys and the Aston is for gentlemen. But that's not a weakness. In the wrong hands the Lambo can be a turn off whereas the Aston has a rather rougish charm to it. Not only does it sound better, it is also easier to obtain and run. So it's a clear and simple choice. The Aston.
    Last edited by Eurocar; 10-24-2006 at 09:06 PM.

driven both and the sheer sound of the DB9 v12 will sell me everytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurocar
    Most of you guys aren't getting the point here. The Aston is a piece of motorting execelence. And as a bonus a work of art too. The Gallardo isn't even a proper Lambo. All it really is is a beefed up Audi with an ugly body. Its a car of class and charm. A thing of beauty. Whereas the Lambo on the other hand is a car of brute force, power and vulgarity. A beast. The Aston is way more sophisticated. The Lambo is for playboys and the Aston is for gentlemen. But that's not a weakness. In the wrong hands the Lambo can be a turn off whereas the Aston has a rather rougish charm to it. Not only does it sound better, it is also easier to obtain and run. So it's a clear and simple choice. The Aston.
    you can twist that around to whichever view poitn you want though.
    i.e. the aston is for old men who play golf, the gallardo is for people who like to go fast and loud. makes no difference.

i'd take the db9...and give it to my mum.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i'd take the db9...and give it to my mum.
    You know what? I was thinking exactly the same thing! It's just what she wants...

So yeah, DB9 here, too. Classic beauty, devil soul.

DB9 by Far the better car.

Gallardo makes me laugh.
    Proud Owner Of a Mercedes Benz. I WISH!!!

I would take the Lamborghini Gallardo because of the great performance (tremendous acceleration etc..) and the beautiful and mean looks of the Gallardo. In my opinion, The Gallardo looks, sounds and performs like wild/brutal/mean car but it is still beautiful and "classy" at the same time. The Aston Martin DB9 is still a great car though and I certainly would not regect (or reject ) a free DB9.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14
    The Gallardo looks, sounds and performs like wild/brutal/mean car but it is still beautiful and "classy" at the same time.
    Uhhhh okay.
    All I need: Audi S8 & Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote Originally Posted by Amaru
    Uhhhh okay.
    hey its his opinion he can choose what he wants but
    I would go the db9 any day
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Thread Information