Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: graphics for X360 and PS3

I'm going to wait for the PS3.

I read all the comments on ign.com. Every gamer there and website admin believes that the xbox360 and NintendoRevolution are two systems coming out too soon, giving sony and its PS3 the advantage to see what they need to do to make theirs the ultimate system.

But this "race for best system" should be interesting. And definetely good for us consumers.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    That's half of the current PCs.

THREE PowerPC chips. It's going to be interesting how these can be utilised.
    It might be they use one for comms and I/O, one for mainstream processing and the third for physics in place of the aegis chip ??

Interesting to see how IBM and Intel compete at the processor level with the new Extreme double pipelined, double cored HT chips at 4G ( ie core processor ALU running at an equivalent 16G ops/sec )
    That new "dual core" technology is AWESOME! Wouldn't that generate alot more heat though? Making them less stable?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ

That new "dual core" technology is AWESOME! Wouldn't that generate alot more heat though? Making them less stable?
    Liquid Nitrogen jets spraying the system.. yeah, it'll work, trust me... no.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Liquid Nitrogen jets spraying the system.. yeah, it'll work, trust me... no.
    That's the resolution I use, and I am on what is still considered a damn good gaming pc! What kind of moniters are those?!

According to the released Intel Spec Sheets ont he Extreme 840 it's only a 130W thermal dissipation package.
    The new chips have adaptive fan controls, so the full 130W disssipation is only needed if ReALLY pushing the chip. They have also introudce a secodn threaml monitor which controls the processor speed to maintain chip temperature.

130W is NOTHING in desktop heat dissipation
    Easy.
    $50 Zalman coolers will keep that 'chill'

liquid cooling used by over-clockers can dissipate 4 TIMES that
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

According to the released Intel Spec Sheets ont he Extreme 840 it's only a 130W thermal dissipation package.
    The new chips have adaptive fan controls, so the full 130W disssipation is only needed if ReALLY pushing the chip. They have also introudce a secodn threaml monitor which controls the processor speed to maintain chip temperature.

130W is NOTHING in desktop heat dissipation
    Easy.
    $50 Zalman coolers will keep that 'chill'

liquid cooling used by over-clockers can dissipate 4 TIMES that
    I thought it would be HARDER to keep this thing cool.......alot harder. As it is two cores......shouldn't that, if anything, greatly increase heat in the processor?

There was a time back when I was a pr0 ga3mr that I knew all this kind of stuff Matra's talking about. But now the space that was used for that is filled with being able to break down and identify any and all aftermarket parts on a VW...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I thought it would be HARDER to keep this thing cool.......alot harder. As it is two cores......shouldn't that, if anything, greatly increase heat in the processor?
    The new 90Nm proces they are bulding the top end chips in is better with shorter paths and smaller switch sizes with lower voltages.
    it is also a new packagin LGA745, whicih will ahve been designed for much higher dissipatiosn for new processors to come
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The new 90Nm proces they are bulding the top end chips in is better with shorter paths and smaller switch sizes with lower voltages.
    it is also a new packagin LGA745, whicih will ahve been designed for much higher dissipatiosn for new processors to come
    Aaaaaahhhhh. This is good

the xbox has 3 cores not 2

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts
    the xbox has 3 cores not 2
    yes but has anyone seen what they are being used for ?

no idea

Yet another good reason why you should be buying a PSP.......Emulators
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information