Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Forza vs. GT4

you dont need massive power to drift
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Yeah I learnt that.
    Possibly the most valuble thing I'll learn this month.
    Maybe its an Australian thing..have you heard about the CAPA Holden drift ute?
    Liek 900bhp, worlds most powerful drift car.
    I can get pics...
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    Yeah I learnt that.
    Possibly the most valuble thing I'll learn this month.
    Maybe its an Australian thing..have you heard about the CAPA Holden drift ute?
    Liek 900bhp, worlds most powerful drift car.
    I can get pics...
    Yeah, I've seen that drift ute! 1000hp! More than enough, I should think. Anyhow, heres a pic...

well it seems aussies have overrun yet another thread.. though you guys werent around for the good old days of it..

maybe we should give this thread back.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Wow that picture didnt load.
    As long as its yellow with CAPA written all over it, you red my mind
    All about the t-tops

I have put about 360 hrs into GT4 and about 100 into Forza. Forza has lots of bells an whistles like paint shop, car damage, more convienient tuning mode, 8 cars per race instead of 6, easier menus, and of course Xbox live. The physics engine in GT4 is far superior. Before you completely disregard my oppinion let me clarify. In Gt4 you bounce of of other cars and walls - this is horrible and definatly Gt4s biggest flaw. However the actual race phisics of Gt4 are much better. Forza has a very arcade style feel to it microsoft compinsated for this by making the steering imputs very twitchy and the grip less than it should be. This makes forza actually more difficult while remaining less realistic. None of the cars on forza understeer, not even the 60s era muscle cars. Grafically I would have to go with GT4. Alot of people would disagree with me on this. Because of the superiority of the platform Forza is crisper. You can tell much more time went into making the 3D models on GT4. The GT4 cars consist of at least 4 times as many polygons and are closer to the actual cars shapes. More R&D went into GT4 also regarding car specs and performance. Hopefully now that Polyphony has a little competition it will improve the breed, I hope that many of the Forza features make it to GT5. One could argue that Xbox live is reason enough to consider Forza the best. Personally I have spent more hours running group C cars ( there is only one on Forza) around Circuit de la Sarthe ( also not on Forza) than I have spent playing Xbox live........

I prefer Gran Turismo 4

Both dwell to much an street cars and dont have enough race cars

^^^Why bump an old thread?

Also, street cars are approximately 100 million times more interesting and fun than the bulk of the race cars offered in both games.

Is having 8 cars a massive leap over 6? Sure, the more the merrier, but it doesnt make that much of a difference.

I have to say, street cars are a lot more fun than race cars, but I dont care much for the really old cars that you just cant get anything out of. Im sorry, they might have sentimental value for some "wow that was my first car!" but theyre not much fun to tune or race with.

To make GT5 near perfect, I would take GT4 and add a lot more cars per race especially endurance, day-night transition and changing weather, and an estimated pre-race A-spec score, rather than having to go into the race to find out.
    Porsche!

Turbojenkins, the physics engine in Forza is far superior to GT4. For instance. GT4 delivers 24 calculations per-second while Forza delivers 240. Forza takes into account drafting much better then GT4. In Forza, if you damage your car, the aerodynamics are highly compromised. Forza lap times are much closer to relality. Around tracks like the Nurburgring, the times are damn near spot on.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

9 month bump right thar.
    All about the t-tops

I Own Both Forza And Gt4 And Think It Is Hard To Say Which Is The Best But Maby Forza Is

I have both and do still play both. GT4 is probably a more pure racing experience.....and I do love the layout of its career mode better. But Forza feels like a more complete game IMO.

There are plenty of cars that GT4 has that I wish Forza had also......but its also loaded with tons of redundant Asian models that could have been omitted for the sake of getting more worthwhile street performers in there. And how could GT4 have gotten as far as it has without Porsche or Ferrari?.......mindblowing.

And then there's car damage. It just doesn't ever feel like there's much of a consequence to bumping and grinding in GT4. While this is fine for most, I found it hard to overlook after playing Forza. A big part of road racing is negotiating around your competition, and in GT4 bumper car mentality becomes second nature after a while [when it comes to gaining position].

Plus being able to totally personalize your car is just the perfect thing for a game that offers online play and lots of cars to drive. GT5 needs to at least offer the ability to paint your car a different color when you get tired of looking at it.

Forza is missing a few things that I wish it had.......better tire setups like GT4 has for one. I also find the car audio in GT4 to be more appealing......the tire squealing and the rushing air as you get up to 100+mph speeds. As far as racing physics.....I can't say that one has anything over the other from my experiences. But I do find that Forza does a better job of keeping the competition challenge even during the career mode.

They both have their good points and bad points, but if I had to keep only one.....it'd be Forza. But both games are pretty outstanding entries in the racing sim genre. It just all comes down to personal preference in the end I guess.

old thread...but One thing GT4 is still better than either Forza: Force Feedback Steering Wheel.....

whatever you'd like to say about the physics and graphics and whatnot....no Xbox 360/Xbox has a decent wheel.....240hz physics engine on a game pad is still arse....

but then any PC racing sim is far more involving...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

GT is way better then forza...always have!
    Ninja 636
    Nissan 240sx S13
    Nissan S13 Silvia Zenki=under construction

Soon To Come Cars list vvv
    1. Mark IV Supra Single Turbo

www.SupraForums.com
    www.TampaRacing.com
    www.XatRacing.com

Thread Information