Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revised: Corvette C6 Z06 vs. Dodge Viper SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    Here I will put a couple of points up for a the Viper. You can't really MOD the C6 Z06 because of compresion. NO supercharger NO turbocharger. A super charged SRT-10 can put down over a 1000 HP!

How do we compare cars that we haven't driven? Hell none of us have driven a C6 Z06 or the Viper SRT-10 Coupe.
    High compression is EASILY overcome, most hipo kits should come with upgraded internals anyway, where the pistons can be swapped for some low compression dished pistons.
    I am the Stig

how bout we not compare aftermarket tuning of a car because that means nothing in the grand scheme of things

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    how bout we not compare aftermarket tuning of a car because that means nothing in the grand scheme of things
    Most people like to custimise there car. The C6 makes it a lot harder to force induction. That is a down fall.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Most people like to custimise there car. The C6 makes it a lot harder to force induction. That is a down fall.
    I would agree with CSL.

Tuning is only a matter of throwing enough money at ANY car.

For example Lingenfelter's cars, with what he ploughs into them you could do a blind pick a=of a car off a production line and spend that kind of money and get a super performing car.

No, I think if a car is to be compared then it should be the factory models.
    I think it's fair if a company choses to offer "race component upgrades" from the factory though they should be 'in' !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well.......it is ture, you can make anything fast by throwing enough money into it........but to make a car that is fast, quick, and can HANDLE? I highly doubt you can make an H2 Hummer into a hardcore track car.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Well.......it is ture, you can make anything fast by throwing enough money into it........but to make a car that is fast, quick, and can HANDLE? I highly doubt you can make an H2 Hummer into a hardcore track car.
    Bowler isn't far off it with the Land Rover - AND it achieves it off-road too

hmm, yeah good point, H2 Hummer is maybe impossible !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

yes most people do but no one is going to compare a lingenfelter vette to a stock SRT10

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    if you throw enough money at anything, you can make it a decent track car, if you completely gut the H2, lower it, better rubber, ect ect ect, it would be decent

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    yes most people do but no one is going to compare a lingenfelter vette to a stock SRT10
    Ugh, your avatar looks like a pissed off guy wearing a wig.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I think it's time to get off the modifying discussion, and back to C6 Z06 vs. SRT-10 Viper. Use any argument, as basic as you want, or as advanced as you can possibly make your arguments. Seriously try to cover EVERYTHING. NOT just focus on some specific areas where they definitely outdo the other.

Here, I will start it off: Size vs. high tech; the high tech 427ci vs. the massive yet....."at least it was made recently with modern parts" 505ci?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

The Viper is better than the Corvette because it has a snake as its name.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

That has nothin to do w/ the disscusion!!
    05 Corvette C6
    Supra
    Masseratti
    Lambo
    Porsche
    Saleen S7
    BMW

GM has announced the official list price for the UK:

C6 Coupe £45,850 ($44,510 = £23,860)
    C6 Convertible £51,850 ($52,245 = £28,000)

A nice 30% profit margin over VAT, therefore I revoke anything I said in its favour. It's just as rubbish as the Viper.

Compares with:
    Porsche 997 starting at £50,000
    VXR Monaro at £36,995
    TVR Tuscan 2 targa at £39,850
    TVR Tuscan 2 convertible at £41,950

At least with those however, the Monaro aside, you don't actually get a car worth half its price.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    GM has announced the official list price for the UK:

C6 Coupe £45,850 ($44,510 = £23,860)
    C6 Convertible £51,850 ($52,245 = £28,000)

A nice 30% profit margin over VAT, therefore I revoke anything I said in its favour. It's just as rubbish as the Viper.

Compares with:
    Porsche 997 starting at £50,000
    VXR Monaro at £36,995
    TVR Tuscan 2 targa at £39,850
    TVR Tuscan 2 convertible at £41,950

At least with those however, the Monaro aside, you don't actually get a car worth half its price.
    You wanna talk profit marrrgins? The C6 Corvetter sells for $700,000.00 Mexican Pesos = $60,869.00 USD!!! And the Viper for just over 1 million pesos = $87,000.00 USD!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    You wanna talk profit marrrgins? The C6 Corvetter sells for $700,000.00 Mexican Pesos = $60,869.00 USD!!! And the Viper for just over 1 million pesos = $87,000.00 USD!!!
    erm, taz, converting the UK prices back into dollars gets you
    $85,565 for the C6 and ( 940,961 pesos )
    $96,762 for the convertible ( 1,064,096 pesos )

Sadly Britain is the "winner" again

Hopefully THIS gets the message over about the folly of comparing US prices for US and Eureopan cars I return to my proposition, IF bringing price into the equation then a common way of determining a comparable price is needed. As has been said with UK prices the Corvette isnt' such a great deal considering the second hand prices of the other cars are always high.

Thread Information