Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revised: Corvette C6 Z06 vs. Dodge Viper SRT-10

First off I'm on the side of the C6 Z06.

My point in this post will be how much easier the Corvette is to drive quickly, than the Viper. The Corvette makes its fastest laps times quickly while the Viper with its large amount of torque makes it harder to rip off the fastest lap times possible quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    You wanna talk profit marrrgins? The C6 Corvetter sells for $700,000.00 Mexican Pesos = $60,869.00 USD!!! And the Viper for just over 1 million pesos = $87,000.00 USD!!!

prices arent a fixed amount, we all know the Corvette starts at 43k in the USA and loaded is just over 50k

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    erm, taz, converting the UK prices back into dollars gets you
    $85,565 for the C6 and ( 940,961 pesos )
    $96,762 for the convertible ( 1,064,096 pesos )

Sadly Britain is the "winner" again

Hopefully THIS gets the message over about the folly of comparing US prices for US and Eureopan cars I return to my proposition, IF bringing price into the equation then a common way of determining a comparable price is needed. As has been said with UK prices the Corvette isnt' such a great deal considering the second hand prices of the other cars are always high.
    True Peter, but remember that avarage wages are much higher in the UK than in Mexico. Most people with college degrees make between $1,300.00 USD to $2,600.00 USD a month. VERY well paid jobs about $4,300.00 to $6,000.00 USD a month. With these wages and "our" prices, owning a Vette or Viper is far more difficult in Mexico than in the UK
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    prices arent a fixed amount, we all know the Corvette starts at 43k in the USA and loaded is just over 50k
    Yes we know that, we're just talking about how much higher prices are outside the US.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    True Peter, but remember that avarage wages are much higher in the UK than in Mexico. Most people with college degrees make between $1,300.00 USD to $2,600.00 USD a month. VERY well paid jobs about $4,300.00 to $6,000.00 USD a month. With these wages and "our" prices, owning a Vette or Viper is far more difficult in Mexico than in the UK
    point, taz.

BUT does this really matter to the person who would BUY a new Corvette, Viper or other exotic ?

Generally I've found that above a certain level of income there are few differences in what can be earned to do a level of job around the world.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

If i were a millionare i would defintily have the viper but the new zo6 costs 40,000 less and looks like a diamond

I own both

I have been a Vette owner for 20 years and have had 6. I have also been a Viper owner for 10 years and have had 2. As a current owner of an SRT10 Viper and a C6 Corvette, the preference between these two cars has to come down to what you are looking for. It is a difficult comparison since these two cars have different goals in mind. If I want comfort and daily driveability then I get in the Vette. If I want more thrill, more WOW factor and more speed then I get in the Viper. The Viper has far less technology built into it than the Vette and will punish you severely if you don't know what you are doing. But if you have been schooled (Skip Barber) to take the car to it's limit you would find the Viper more rewarding than the Vette. This from a man who dearly loves both.

Wow i would love to see pics. The new vette is ugly that SRT10 coupe is beautiful ive seen both. The only srt10 that ive heard was quiet but wasnt driving fast. My dads got a modded mustang that was behind it and it was so much louder but dam that viper is beautiful. I like the GTS a little more though.

Quote Originally Posted by viper
    Most people like to custimise there car. The C6 makes it a lot harder to force induction. That is a down fall.
    Prize for the clutching at straws argument.

Quote Originally Posted by cDocZ
    Here, I will start it off: Size vs. high tech; the high tech 427ci vs. the massive yet....."at least it was made recently with modern parts" 505ci?
    As a point of reference to how advanced these engines are, ...yer "High tech" motor is still using pushrods :P
    .....fun-NAY!!
    *Shuddup fanboys, I know they put a lot of effort(money) into that valve poker

small Z06 pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

few more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I saw a new Z06 at the NHRA Nationals at Indy. It looked really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    The Corvette... and i'm not even an american car fan, the corvette simply because the viper isn't a car... it's a low truck... crappy gear box, crappy stearing, crappy behavior, catches on fire.. wich may be bad... conclusion: it's a mistake, not a car.
    Some,i have to agree on that...

Mate, if you dredge out a thread from 3 years ago at least have a good reason.

Edit to add: Wow, I was a really aggressive prick back then, coincidently it was also the height of my girl pulling powers come to think of it...
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

well for a start the viper weighs 200 pounds more than a vette,strap the extra weight onto the vette and see how it goes with the viper then, vipers aint designed to rev as hard as a vette, or in other words get up to top speeds quick.
    as for the 2008 dodge viper, chrysler forced dodge to de tune it back down to 530hp, because chrysler would not let it on the road because it is too powerful( apparantly ).
    but i have been a mopar man all my life, i would go with the viper.

Thread Information