Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale 1967

Blueprints

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    thanks, only the Motorima site opens, but that has not been updated during the last 4 years.....
    Just for everyones information the Motorima Coachbuilding page has been updated extensively the latest years. Featuring many of this genius in metal preparation and coach-buildings fabulous work! Incredible what you can make with a wooden hammer and a sandbag, and of course the english wheel, in a small garage on the Swedish countryside! I am pretty sure he is the man for producing a T33 Stradale replica/rebuild! If only money grew in the backyard I don't have!

Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread with interest for some weeks now though have had some difficulty posting in the past. Apparently I needed to make my 1st post within a month of signing up. As I didn't, I have been struggling to get one past the admins. ;-)

Anyway, firstly thanks for all the great and useful info on what is my favourite car and I hope to see and hear from some of you here again soon.

One question I have that somebody may be able to answer is what is the webbed cockpit section made of in the Stradale? I'm guessing it might be sandcast alloy but I can't tell from any pics I've seen. Could it be fibreglass of some description? These and other questions will hopefully be revealed by those more knowledgeable than myself!

Cheers and thanks.

I think it is magnesium if I remember correctly.

This is such a beautiful machine, both mechanically and aesthetically. My favourite aswell
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

That is most certainly correct Knuto.
    In my book by Collins/McDonough it is explained about the first chassis made:
    "The frame where made from three pieces of aluminium tubing 5ft long and 8in in diameter... ...They where riveted together in form of an H. They where also coated with a synthetic mastic and served as 26-gallon fuel tanks. At the front, a magnesium casting connecting the two ends and provide mounting for the pedals , master cylinders and steering gear. The front suspension assemblies were also attached to this "bulkhead". At the rear a fabricated sheet steel bulkhead was bolted to arms that reached out from the bottom legs of the "H" and the rear suspension was hung from this. All the magnesium components were casted by Campagnolo in Vicenza..."
    This is a description of the frame of the "Periscopica" model, the very first T33.
    If I remember correctly this frame type was also in the Stradale.

This Tipo 33 book is from Veloce publishing and you can probably find it on e-bay or bookstores with some car books. It is a very interesting read for T33 lovers.
    Veloce Publishing

And before you buy it be sure that you are more interested in where car was driven where by whom than in the development of the cars themselves. In the boss and his love of adopting stay animals than any technical information what-so-ever! In fact you'll probably get more information off the internet on the Typo 33 Stradale than you will from this book. I bought it and found it totally useless. You honestly get more information from 2 pages of random images in the back than you do from all the text put together. and most of those images I had already from the internet.
    Very disappointing book. And a total waste of money.
    Written, it seems to me, by someone who just trawls thought magazines and puts together a history of the car and how it performed with no real interest in the cars technically. They just do the same research for each car they come across and churn out awful books that make them money.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gregvl52 View Post
    Here are some pictures of the frame, I don't remember where I got them though.
    those might be the pics i took at a michigan car show (cranbrook 03?)...

cheers

dp2

Quote Originally Posted by Stradale-nut View Post
    Hello "Blue Flame" or anyone else interested in copies of the Tipo 33 Stradale body and chassis blueprints. Please contact me on [email protected]
    Over the years i made a huge data collection on this car with in my mind that there's yet no replica available for this car.

greetings to all: Stradale_Nut
    yes there are a few replicas around... unfortunately, they arent done in a convincing manor. its not easy to replicate the cast mg subframes and ektron tubes. although nearly every part of the motor is different from the stradale 33 V8, i think a montreal motor would do fine.

people often think there are 16-18 33 stradale built. but nearly half of them where used as concept cars underpinnings for bertone, pinninfarina and ital design. so the actual number of the car we'er discussing is far lower.

warm regards

dp2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dome p2; 07-13-2008 at 04:06 PM.

hi ! it's amazing !i find some others who want to build a Stradale ! well, me too ; ) i have some infos but not everything, and i can't find those blueprints. i have some others.
    you can contact me.
    best!
    Adrien

Who can help me with 33 stradale engines data's?

There is the company in UK, close to London which I have contacted...well...years ago, which address I lost, but luckily found! Please, check here:
    DTMPower Contact Us
    Back then they told me, that they do have molds taken from the original 33 Stradale - the "prototipo" version - the one with 4 head lights - you can see it here: http://www.dtmpower.com/repilcas.pdf
    Contact them and ask if they still have the molds and are willing to sell.
    Good luck everybody!

Thread Information