Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The GOOD and the BAD

The GOOD and the BAD

THE GOOD:
    My sister just got her new Proton Gen2 It's a little ripper of a thing.
    Took it for a drive last night, Mate it's a got some power for a 4.
    Take off in first get moving into second floor it and when it's around 4000rpm plus it's pulls hard and revs to 7000rpm With no problems, Handles great steering is tops brakes are very good, Blinker is on the left side of the steering, Seats are comfy as. For all the males that drive one the legs do close together for a little discomfort It's even got a top sounding stereo.
    And it's got the loudest horn loud like a truck's

THE BAD
    Her old car the VL Calais that my nephew is driving since he got his P's 11 days ago has done the Diff. In only a little time he has done this to the car,
    Knocked the steering out of aliment, Hit a speed hump to hard and tore the rear bumper off, Then went to his mates house and the silicone it back on to hide it and then that put silicon all over the paint and it wont come off so it needs to be painted again cause it's stuffed the paint at the rear now. Smacked the gutter damaging them nice VYSS 18" rims and knocking one out of shape a little. made the exhaust drop.
    And this is good he went one day on a full tank of petrol

And one for me my brother found me a Manifold and full exhaust system off a VC commodore for $55, Getting it soon about $120 to fit i'm happy thats what i need
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Wow, i didnt know most australians like the Gen-2! In a newspaper in Malaysia, the average user rating is 9 out of 10!
    Pic Request: Perodua Myvi

UCP's best Table Tennis player...
    UCP's worst hockey player...

It's fairly new here still, Don't see many if any on the roads yet. But people are looking at it to see what it is it's nice looking
    But she won it in a comp

****head P platers kinda ironic as im just a few weeks off

i know hes your nephew and all, but what kind of an idiot in such a small time frame goes through the diff (burnouts?), wacks the wheels out of allignment (trying to do donuts?) and tears the rear bumper off (trying to play WRC over the speed humps are we?)
    I am the Stig

We all got around him and he shit My mother sister brother his girlfriend brother mate sisters mechanic and me we gave him something to think about he dopesnt want to drive for a wile now
    As you said (burnouts) First thing my brother said after he gave him a ear full.
    The goes to sisters mechanic thursday moring for a closer look. The guy said we might be able to fix it but if it's cheaper we will just change it over save money and time

Just came back from getting the exhaust system, It's in good condition, Just hoe it goes on it came off a VC ours is the VB with the old Red donk the VC was blue motor hope it fits looks good

Got some pics now...
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 04-29-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Looks like a Kia Rio from the rear
    I am the Stig

Trust me grab a look of the Mazda 3
    I think it's that scare boot that gives it that kia neon look

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    THE GOOD:
    My sister just got her new Proton Gen2
    thats the GOOD part ?? i stopped reading right there, i am getting nightmares thinking what could be BAD part !!!

and being the car guru you are, werent you able to talk her out of buying this thing ?!!

j/k
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

She won it She might hang on to it for about 2 months and she might get a New VL turbo or 5LT Calais. Or she might keep it she is still buzzing about it a new car in the family is something new to us

The VC manifold and exhaust is a little harder to fit then we first thought
    Now we need exhaust centre help

you wouldnt think there'd be that much of a difference, different motors and all.....Holden didnt exactly have the funds at the time to have 2 completely different engines, you'd expect one to be a development of the other, unless theres different exhaust port sizes or something
    I am the Stig

I'm not surprised it is a good car. I think the Gen 2 was developed with Lotus wasn't it? Should go well.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    you wouldnt think there'd be that much of a difference, different motors and all.....Holden didnt exactly have the funds at the time to have 2 completely different engines, you'd expect one to be a development of the other, unless theres different exhaust port sizes or something
    The blue engine was better then the red but the black donk was very good. Loom the same just differnt colors The VC Exhaust to the manifold was a twin and the VB was single i think only as you said a upgrade of the red engine was going on here. The old VB was about 64kw the blue about 80kw the black was 90kw then Fuel injection 107kw.
    I'm looking at this car to buy soon mid next month and the best thing is cause i am a gov carer i get the money in the budget so this time i dont need to wait when it gets passed through i'm in Finally

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!goauto_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2311809 &current_rec=1&total_rec=15&sort_type=&price_max=2 500&make_id=10&model_id=19&keyword=VL&state_id=7&s earch_distance=25

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    I'm not surprised it is a good car. I think the Gen 2 was developed with Lotus wasn't it? Should go well.
    I must admit her car was the worst to come off the truck and thats what they gave her, It had some marks on it and the gearbox was leaking, My brother said this was never happen at holden and ford just 1 problem and it's back to get fixed wouldnt get it on the truck.
    But she feels if she said something they would just say you got it for nothing what more do you want. They even forgot to stick the power mirros button in it

Well she won the car under the assumption that it'd be a perfectly working, operatable car. As far as the service department are concerned, your sister should be treated just like a paying customer. Somewhere along the line, someone DID pay for the car, it should be none of their concern who exactly that was. Get your brother to take it to the dealership so that if theres any issues, theres no umming and arring over the whole thing. If the service department sees your sister not knowing what to do, who knows how else they might try exploit her over the thing. You'd be pissed off if they tried the headlight fluid trick
    I am the Stig

Thread Information