Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Pimp my ride" and those horrible wrecks.

"Pimp my ride" and those horrible wrecks.

To those who watch "Pimp my ride":
    First of all: I don't want to talk about show itself.
    My question: when they are bringin those cars into the garage, they are in horrible condition, the parts are falling apart, etc. I know that this is exaggerated, I know that this show is as "real" as Real World. Nevertheless those cars shouldn't be allowed on the streets. Is it really like that, that in USA you can drive any piece of junk on public roads? It's not forbidden by any regulations? Anyone has some info on that?
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

it cannot be driven if its unsafe to do so, but cops wont stop ya till they can really see it......
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Yeah, there are certain things that aren't legal, but basically if the car isn't losing pieces while you're driving and if your headlights, signals, etc all work properly, it's allowed on the streets.

My question is, does anyone know for a fact if they do any work on the engine, transmission, etc on these POS's? Cuz it seems pointless to do all this bodywork on a car that probably doesn't have a first gear and needs a push uphill, but they never show WCC working on the engine.
    Signature? We don't need no steenking signature

There's no type of inspection here in CT, so once you get your car registered, there are no quality checks. Cops only stop people with no brake lights, a headlight(s) out, anything dragging on the ground, and loud exhaust(usually just for no muffler).
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    To those who watch "Pimp my ride":
    First of all: I don't want to talk about show itself.
    My question: when they are bringin those cars into the garage, they are in horrible condition, the parts are falling apart, etc. I know that this is exaggerated, I know that this show is as "real" as Real World. Nevertheless those cars shouldn't be allowed on the streets. Is it really like that, that in USA you can drive any piece of junk on public roads? It's not forbidden by any regulations? Anyone has some info on that?
    The show is as real as the Real World as you say, once they pick the car, they probably exagerate it's bad condition. Too bad they look just as bad when their done with them
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Sackalack GT
    My question is, does anyone know for a fact if they do any work on the engine, transmission, etc on these POS's? Cuz it seems pointless to do all this bodywork on a car that probably doesn't have a first gear and needs a push uphill, but they never show WCC working on the engine.
    I've wondered that for a while, and I don't think they do. They never open the hood or show them working on it.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    There's no type of inspection here in CT, so once you get your car registered, there are no quality checks. Cops only stop people with no brake lights, a headlight(s) out, anything dragging on the ground, and loud exhaust(usually just for no muffler).
    Wow. I didn't expect that. For what I know, here in Poland you have to get your car to auto garage for checks every once in a while and if it doesn't pass these checks you don't get insurance. And police can take your car (or your registration card) if it is in bad conditions. However I can't tell you the definition of "bad condition", I'm no expert.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I've wondered that for a while, and I don't think they do. They never open the hood or show them working on it.
    Ive seen them do a few simple things, bolt ons etc. once or twice, but nothing major. They keep themselves to the body pretty much.

The best was probably the '55 Chev i saw them stick a new Holley carb on and intake manifold.
    I am the Stig

well, in the US, yeah, you can drive those beat up cars, I see them all the time, but mostly in downtown dDetroit, wher run down houses and cars on blocks are around galore.

but cops won't pull you over if your car is junik, or will it be taken away. you can drive it, but I think it has to pass inbspection if you are to sell it, unless it is not running and to be sold for parts.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

However, they do stop you for broken taillights or so as it is considered dangerous.

yeah, stuff like that, if is is a danger to the other drivers, yes, but if not, no.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Cops can pull you over for broken tail lights because it is considered a danger to the driver and others around them. I have also been pulled over for having my high beams on.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Cops can pull you over for broken tail lights because it is considered a danger to the driver and others around them. I have also been pulled over for having my high beams on.
    Did you get a ticket for it?

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    I saw on documentury once that in Cali they pulled a guy over and gave him for his headlights being to low to the road. I hear people talk about smog test too, most of the kids with trucks around here have 3 inch straights with no catylatic converters. Sound pretty sweet though.

youd be suprised at some of the cars you see on the streets here in the US. and as for pimp my ride...i would never let them "pimp my ride" and if they did i would just sell the car for way more than its worth. they dont ever fix the problems with the motors and stuff usually and they throw tons of bondo on there and not to mention most of the cars they let out of there are absolutley hidious. theres been like 2 or 3 cars maybe that ive liked on that show. but the absolute worst thing about that show is the stupid ass stuff mad mike puts into the cars. that show makes me mad
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Thread Information