Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars rocked my socks.

Quote Originally Posted by @wall
    well i haven't seen it yet. but i thought this was a rather amusing gesture from the weekends race....
    DC didnt' do a very good job of hiding his annoyance about the whole circus !!

The "farce was with them"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

MY friend told me that just because the chronicals dont have the best acting this was the best because there was less of it, and more fighting.

I cant wait to see this, ive seen all the others way to many times... GRAHH!!!
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    DC didnt' do a very good job of hiding his annoyance about the whole circus !!

The "farce was with them"
    he's far to uptight! their antics make formula one that little bit more amusing...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

Quote Originally Posted by @wall
    he's far to uptight! their antics make formula one that little bit more amusing...
    THAT was my point, wall.

It's MEANT to be a car race.

For fun and antics go watch Monty Python ( or Minardi )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I went and saw it on Sunday, And I did enjoy it, although parts of the storyline were a little unoriginal (DAMN MY HISTORY CLASS, I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO ENJOY A MOVIE AGAIN!!!!)

The Burning of the Reichstag, the night of the Long Knives, the emergency powers given to the Chancellor, the legal taking of power........

If it didn't have Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin in it, I could have sworn i was seeing a future telling of the Rise of the Nazis.

Most enjoyable.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

damn my english class, its all so flat i really disliked this star wars. maybe it was the shitty run down cinema i saw it in, but bloody hell it was just underwelming.

poor diologue (yes i know its a lucas trait) poor acting (again lucas trait) unoriginal story(but i guess it has to lead up to a movie plot from the 70's)

the angle of the shots was just abit lame. no where did he use an angle to convey who had the power (ani or o-b) dark side or the jedi. it was all so flat and horizontal that you would think the two forces were equal.

maybe im over analysing, but that really wasnt all that good.

action yeah good Special effects awesome, but i think that there are just too many cuts in the movie. needed to be longer. i will wait to see it again with a good sound system and in digital (im tracking down the two digital cinema's in sydney atm) before i completely write it off in my books.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    the angle of the shots was just abit lame. no where did he use an angle to convey who had the power (ani or o-b) dark side or the jedi. it was all so flat and horizontal that you would think the two forces were equal.
    THAT is the message I took from the movie.
    That here we saw the balance swing from the Jedi to the Sith and leading to the Empire being the dominant power in the next ( first ) movie.

Spotting the Millenium Falcon wasn't easy, I liked the little references to the 'next' movie in the sequence - EXCEPT for the Peter Cushing look-alike for a younger Grand Moff Tarkin. Couldn't decide whether it was make-up or cgi, but it just looked false

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

Spotting the Millenium Falcon wasn't easy,
    I saw that! Cool. Was there a prize for picking it?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

WOW

i saw it friday.

Coolest.Freaking.Movie.Ever

(next to friday night lights, of course)

The fight scenes were the coolest ever, obi-wan kicks some ass, and the beginning scene was one of the better ones I've ever seen.

It's weird (and probably a tribute to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet), but we all know what's going to happen, but I still was on the edge of my seat trying to predict what was going to happen next. (and to no avail).

I'm buying this movie the day it comes out on DVD, even if the price is in the 3 digit area.
    ----------------------
    BTW= when I went home with some friends, we watched the original ones, and they seem almost....pathetic next to the episode III. Anybody concur?
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Some of the CG work in the new movies leaves a lot left to be desired. I actually prefer the miniature models used in the old trilogy.

The real interesting thing to do is watch all the prequels back to back to back and see how much the CG has evolved the last 6 years, even just looking at Yoda.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I saved a "Star Wars" ad in the newspaper back in 1977:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    I saved a "Star Wars" ad in the newspaper back in 1977:
    Just had a feeling that it would one day come in handy when you regularly visited car forums, in which some of the members liked star wars?

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    Just had a feeling that it would one day come in handy when you regularly visited car forums, in which some of the members liked star wars?
    Yeah, you got it! I knew that in about 25 years there would be a car board on the Internet, so I saved the ad.

Actually, it was such a hit movie (which I saw 5 times that summer) that I figured it was worth saving the ad. I also saved the "Close Encounters" ad because that was another big 1977 movie.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    hahaha lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Actually, it was such a hit movie (which I saw 5 times that summer) that I figured it was worth saving the ad. I also saved the "Close Encounters" ad because that was another big 1977 movie.
    Spielberg's a big guy. Do you have the E.T ad?
    -------------------------
    As for the rumours of remaking the original 3;

I don't think it's going to happen. If Lucas doesn't want them to be remade, he'll tell that the the producers of lucasarts, and they'll continue his wishes. I doubt it'll ever happen.

Sucks, because the original 3 are kinda weak sauce compared to the episodes.
    ---------------------------
    Oh, and a question about the movie;

Why was the clones allegiance to the sith lord and not to the jedi?

Thread Information