Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Ipod Froze!!!! Wtfffff!!!!

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..

My Ipod Froze!!!! Wtfffff!!!!

So I accidentally dropped my ipod, I check it and the cover had slightly popped open. I pick it up and pop it back together seems ok, then I try to play the nexttrack and the ipod starts skipping through all the tracks... its been 3 days AND STILL DOESNT WORK!!! ive tried connecting it to the computer.. no luck stays stuck.. i tried draining the battery.. no such luck... WTF!
    The Rebirth of Xarzy
    >>XxLEASxX<<
    To My Unborn Child
    UCP's Resident Jack Armstrong

You broke it. Send it back, they *might* replace it.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

the gods are cursing you for buying one in the first place.

Ipods arent meant to be opened, theyre sealed up firm. Try your hardest to get the peices in the right places but be careful. If that doesnt work then take it to a repair shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    the gods are cursing you for buying one in the first place.

Ipods arent meant to be opened, theyre sealed up firm. Try your hardest to get the peices in the right places but be careful. If that doesnt work then take it to a repair shop.
    Most places won't touch one, especially one still under factory warranty.

My stepbrother broke his by dropping it. He sent it back and about a month later got a brand new one in the mail.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I only just sent mine for servicing, but only because I sat on a chair, on which the ipod was under and the click wheel broke, but i have two others so it doesn't really matter for me. What model do you have?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I have a 60GB Photo with my name on the back (laser in the factory) and two things really annoy me about it, the first being that it's sooooo easy to scratch the back of the thing and the factory earphones really suck, the chord's not long enough (by the time I have the iPod in my pocket and the chord inside my t-shirt the earphones pop-out whilst I'm walking and together with this they're quieter than any other earphones and the sound quality's not as good I might try some Sony fonotopia earphones for £30...

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    I have a 60GB Photo with my name on the back (laser in the factory) and two things really annoy me about it, the first being that it's sooooo easy to scratch the back of the thing and the factory earphones really suck, the chord's not long enough (by the time I have the iPod in my pocket and the chord inside my t-shirt the earphones pop-out whilst I'm walking and together with this they're quieter than any other earphones and the sound quality's not as good I might try some Sony fonotopia earphones for £30...
    My sennheiser's coiled cord is like 12 ft long when stretched, maybe 15 ft. About 2-3 ft. long when not.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

If youre to lazy to send it back or just dont think you need to try www.ipodlounge.com its a good i-pod site.

It sounds like in the re-assembly youve screed the switch connection OR it broke in the fall

not a lot you can do but send it to Apple
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i pod has a hard drive in it so one of the needles between the discs might have slipt fallen out bent etc, that will definatly stop it working,
    thats why they're trying to use flash technology in mp3 players which works on the principle of chips holding memory so no moving parts.
    they normally do fix them depending on how long ago u bought it?
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

mine did that and i juct put it in the wall charger for a bit and then my dad did something and it worked fine, sorry i cant remember what he did
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Try holding the menu button down for over six seconds. Resets it, I hear that can help. Certainly fixed a clickwheel that got left in the rain a bir.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    Try holding the menu button down for over six seconds. Resets it, I hear that can help. Certainly fixed a clickwheel that got left in the rain a bir.
    i think that is right but you have to hold down a couple of the other buttons also and do it like 3 times. had the exact same problem with mine and my mate at work fixed it. when he gets in i will let you know what he did. in essence it was just a hard reset...

EDIT: i literally froze mine last year. dropped it in the snow while snowboarding haha still worked though, was just hell cold...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

oh yeah johhny numfiv showed me how to reset it using itunes, if that will work for you, if itunes opens and the ipod works on it, pm johnnynumfiv he can tell you
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    i got mine off ebay used and it was working perfectly till i dropped it. its a 40gb 3rd gen. Ill try again and keep you guys updated... right now im busy organizing all the junk i have on my hds
    The Rebirth of Xarzy
    >>XxLEASxX<<
    To My Unborn Child
    UCP's Resident Jack Armstrong

Thread Information