Thread: 1978 Lamborghini Faena

1978 Lamborghini Faena

Lamborghini Wagon by Frua !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This guy is so lazy that only one eye was left...

More...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by porlamfer
    More...
    the guy who has this car is a sick mo fo look what he did to this beutiful car ..a lomabo with 4 doors cool..never seen it be4

kinda cool a lamborghini wagon type thingy. i like the old looking bull on the hood. and does someone own all those cars in the background??
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    the guy who has this car is a sick mo fo look what he did to this beutiful car ..a lomabo with 4 doors cool..never seen it be4
    what did he do?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    what did he do?
    just by owning that car...and look the way it looks it is ..this beuty should be treated respectfuly

The Italian coachbuilder Pietro Frua created the only four-door lamborghini in existance in 1978, the Frua Faena was created on a reinforced 1974 Espada Series II chassis (nr. 18224).
    It took Pietro Frua 8 months to create his four door Lamborghini, he stretched the standard Espada chassis 178 mm (7 in) to accomodate the rear seats and ended up with a car totalling 4586 mm (18 ft) in length which added 200 Kg (440 pounds) to the total weight, the wheelbase went to 2830 mm, with a width of 1900 mm and a total height of only 1250 mm, the Faena really looked impressive.
    This 'special' was revealed on the 57th Salone internazionale dell'Automobile, in Turin during the spring of 1978, it was shown again to the public on the 1980 Geneva Auto Show. The car's lines looked clean at the front, with big headlights mounted in twin pop-up units, but the rear design spoiled the car, it did however include a sliding sunroof unlike the wierd looking glass panel found on one specific Espada.
    The Frua Faena didn't proove a success, although it was very nicely built, and Pietro Frua hoped it could be produced in small quantities, but this show car was the only one ever produced.
    After the Geneva Auto Show the car was sold to Lambo-Motor AG in Basle who sold it to a German collector. He still owns the car, but it remained registered in Switzerland.
    In 1996 the Faena could again be admired at the Pullicino Classics in London, the car was in very good condition although it wasn't restored yet.

This 'Special' remains the only four-door Lamborghini in existance, if you don't consider the radical LM-002 as a high-speed sportscar, however Bertone did have a completed design ready for a four-door Espada, but it remained in the archives, and was never even put into prototype form.

http://www.lambocars.com/framed/others/faene.htm
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Quote Originally Posted by porlamfer
    Lamborghini Wagon by Frua !!
    The pictures which porlamfer provided were taken by me. You can find them together with the full history and all (!) available pictures of the car on my website:

www.pietro-frua.de/1978_lamborghini.htm

Best regards,

Stefan Dierkes
    Registro Pietro Frua

Quote Originally Posted by lfb666
    In 1996 the Faena could again be admired at the Pullicino Classics in London, the car was in very good condition although it wasn't restored yet
    I dont know where this wrong but widespread information came from, but the Faena never was shown in London. According to the (first and present) owner) it is stored since 1988 and has not been moved since 15 years.

Stefan

Registro Pietro Frua

Oh It's you,my friend! I really got the photos from your website. I think these pictures are too small.Have you got any larger ones?

And the Event, 2003 Concorso Italiano, I want to get some larger pics from you,too. I want to know the history & the photos of Chevrolet Camaro FastBack II. Please upload them!!

Porlamfer,

Please contact me directly with your full name to [email protected]. I do not like to communicate anonymously.

Best regards,
    Stefan

Thread Information