Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon Digital Rebel Owners, Unite!

Canon Digital Rebel Owners, Unite!

well i should be getting a Digital Rebel XT on June 24 . i wanted to hear what you guys thought of your rebels...up untill now you may have known that ive been using a crappy powershot a40, but no more! also have some questions; how much did you pay for your rebel? where'd you get it from? what do you particularly like, dislike about the camera? thanks
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

I love mine. It's with me just about any time I go out for a cruise. It takes great pictures on auto, and I'm starting to learn the manual controls. Quality is top notch for most shots, but I found this weekend it didn't adjust well to taking pictures in the shade and then in the sun. The stock lens is good enough for an amateur, and even some semi-pro people I know use it. I definitely recommend getting a long range zoom if you're going to go to sporting events with it.

Here's my Super Jam thread, to see some of the pics it'll take. Most of those are completely unedited. I used the kit lens, on auto settings with no flash. http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=15320
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    I love mine. It's with me just about any time I go out for a cruise. It takes great pictures on auto, and I'm starting to learn the manual controls. Quality is top notch for most shots, but I found this weekend it didn't adjust well to taking pictures in the shade and then in the sun. The stock lens is good enough for an amateur, and even some semi-pro people I know use it. I definitely recommend getting a long range zoom if you're going to go to sporting events with it.

Here's my Super Jam thread, to see some of the pics it'll take. Most of those are completely unedited. I used the kit lens, on auto settings with no flash. http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=15320
    very very nice, i cant wait...looking at the B&H website now, is there a difference between 8 and 9 on this page? does 8 not come with the lens?
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=12&Submit.y=8

Unless you plan on going semi-pro, the 20D is way overkill. Most people will only ever use about half the features on the 350D ($900 on the site you posted).
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

ok so i have the Digital Rebel (300D) not the XT (350D). I love it. ive never used auto controls but using full manual i love it. i have the sigma 28-90 and 70-300 and no kit lens. also have the canon 50mm f1.8 II and the 420EX flash. i use the lowepro nova 5 aw. vertical handgrip on the way

technically, the 350D is a great camera. its got a lot of the features missed on the 300D. my only complaint upon using one was the small hand grip. i suggest you go in and play with one a little while before you buy, just to make sure it feels good in your hands.

B&H is great. ive bought lots of stuff from them and i highly recomend them. some places have slightly lower prices but you cant beat B&H serivce.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=Ck0zhhhVft!26303954?O=productlist& A=details&Q=&sku=382144&is=REG
    i would get his kit. it has the black body, the kit lens, and a 1GB card (which is a must have).
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

whoops, i meant 9 and 10 sorry . whats the difference between the one that has the lens in the offer and the one that doesnt? does #9 litterally come with no lens?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Unless you plan on going semi-pro, the 20D is way overkill. Most people will only ever use about half the features on the 350D ($900 on the site you posted).
    i semi agree. if u arent planning on serious photography, dont get the 20D. i would love to have that camera, and i would say if u have the money then get it.

yes, number 9 does not have a lens

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    yes, number 9 does not have a lens
    that suks, well i guess im getting #10. im also interested in these lenses:
    75-300mm telephoto lens-end of summer to start of next year
    fisheye-next 3 years
    good macro-not anytime soon

technically, the 350D is a great camera. its got a lot of the features missed on the 300D. my only complaint upon using one was the small hand grip. i suggest you go in and play with one a little while before you buy, just to make sure it feels good in your hands.

B&H is great. ive bought lots of stuff from them and i highly recomend them. some places have slightly lower prices but you cant beat B&H serivce.
    did that 2wice, once at B&H and once at Best Buy

we are getting it from B&H, this is not the first time i get a camera or accesory from them

right i forgot ur in NYC.

i cant tell you what lense and when to buy it, but when ur ready, let me know which one youve decided on and ill give u some advice because im familiar with almost every lens in the EF line, except some fisheye and tiltshift lenses (and i havent actually used a few of the L lenses, but i doubt youl be buying that anytime soon.)

my next purchases will be:
    Vertical Battery Grip and 2nd battery (next week or so, depending on when the 2 checks im getting for doing a few photo jobs are coming in)

then the sigma 18-125

then save up and should be able to buy the canon 70-200 f4L shortly after the beginning of school next year

this all depends on me getting this job im applying for.

using one was the small hand grip. i suggest you go in and play with one a little while before you buy, just to make sure it feels good in your hands.
    LMAO at that.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

looks like i some experienced footsteps to follow...thanks for your help, and i will talk to you about it-maybe ill see you at lime rock (should be going July 9)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    LMAO at that.
    Git yet mind outta the gutter.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

yea ill see u there cheese. ill be there all three days. will you have your XT by then? that would be nice.

Thread Information