Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alfa Romeo in the US!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    The new 159 will be as good (if not better ) as the german equivalents, for instance the 3.2-litre V6 takes (officially) 6"2 to hit 62mph... none of the germans can match that.
    they cant? too bad the Japanese can...are you sure they cant how much does it cost?
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Quote Originally Posted by CHEESE-TACULAR
    they cant? too bad the Japanese can...are you sure they cant how much does it cost?
    The Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 will have a 3.2-litre V6 with 260bhp and 238ft-lb. It will do 0-62 in 6"2 seconds and reach a top speed of, at least, 155mph (with the 6 speed manual gearbox). It is a 4 door saloon aproximately the same size as BMW 3-series. The top of the range models will have a very advanced 4WD system. It is expected to cost about 39.500 € which it is the same as a BMW 330i here in Spain.

For comparison purposes the BMW 330i (258bhp) will do 0-62 in 6"3 seconds and reach a top speed of a 155mph (limited). And the Mercedes-Benz C320 is nowhere near... it takes 7"7 seconds to hit 62 in the Merc.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 will have a 3.2-litre V6 with 260bhp and 238ft-lb. It will do 0-62 in 6"2 seconds and reach a top speed of, at least, 155mph (with the 6 speed manual gearbox). It is a 4 door saloon aproximately the same size as BMW 3-series. The top of the range models will have a very advanced 4WD system. It is expected to cost about 39.500 € which it is the same as a BMW 330i here in Spain.

For comparison purposes the BMW 330i (258bhp) will do 0-62 in 6"3 seconds and reach a top speed of a 155mph (limited). And the Mercedes-Benz C320 is nowhere near... it takes 7"7 seconds to hit 62 in the Merc.
    thats great...i dont know about the TL or the IS but the Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan 6MTcan do 0-60 in 5.8 (wheelspin) 6.2 (without) costs about 15,000 less base and comes with a better warranty, better quality in my opinion-your nice alfa, but you lose...
    Last edited by CHEESE-TACULAR; 06-09-2005 at 02:56 PM.

thats great...i dont know about the TL or the IS but the Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan 6MTcan do 0-60 in 5.8 (wheelspin) 6.2 (without) costs about 8,000 less base and comes with a better warranty, better quality in my opinion-your nice alfa, but you lose...
    Not yet my friend I'm prepared to fight back Yes the Infinity is faster... but it has a bigger engine and it is significantly more powerful than the Alfa Romeo... and yet the official figure for the 0-62 acceleration is the same... because if you quote 5"8 seconds... wait till the Alfa is tested Plus, and this is a personal opinion, the Alfa is lot more beautiful than the Infiniti and has a lot kore soul and character.
    Visca Catalunya!

Not yet my friend I'm prepared to fight back Yes the Infinity is faster... but it has a bigger engine and it is significantly more powerful than the Alfa Romeo... and yet the official figure for the 0-62 acceleration is the same... because if you quote 5"8 seconds... wait till the Alfa is tested Plus, and this is a personal opinion, the Alfa is lot more beautiful than the Infiniti and has a lot kore soul and character.
    an i shall defend a car that has never failed me -bigger engine, yes, rated best in the world by JD pwr & associates, the VQ churns out 265hp and an identical amount of torque if i am not mistaken-bigger engine, i would belive the milage is the same and their in the same class so all that only helps it, not makes it unequal...i too think the alfa is beautiful, more than the G, but the G looks more agressive-thats the look for me. Soul? charachter? the G comes from a line dating back to the 40's (agin if im not mistaken, could be 30's) that gives it charachter, and my dad drove an old twinspark alfa, last model in the US; cant get more sole than no pwr steering-yet he prefers the G35.

an i shall defend a car that has never failed me -bigger engine, yes, rated best in the world by JD pwr & associates, the VQ churns out 265hp and an identical amount of torque if i am not mistaken-bigger engine, i would belive the milage is the same and their in the same class so all that only helps it, not makes it unequal...i too think the alfa is beautiful, more than the G, but the G looks more agressive-thats the look for me. Soul? charachter? the G comes from a line dating back to the 40's (agin if im not mistaken, could be 30's) that gives it charachter, and my dad drove an old twinspark alfa, last model in the US; cant get more sole than no pwr steering-yet he prefers the G35.
    I looked it up on Infiniti's website and the G35 (with the manual gearbox) delivers 298bhp. So that's virtually a 300bhp car against 260bhp one, so you have to agree that it's pretty impressive that (at least officially) the Alfa Romeo is neck and neck with the G35. Plus Alfa has improved a lot in reliability and quality since they left the states... they have lost RWD too, but they will go RWD again in the future... I hope...
    Visca Catalunya!

I looked it up on Infiniti's website and the G35 (with the manual gearbox) delivers 298bhp. So that's virtually a 300bhp car against 260bhp one, so you have to agree that it's pretty impressive that (at least officially) the Alfa Romeo is neck and neck with the G35. Plus Alfa has improved a lot in reliability and quality since they left the states... they have lost RWD too, but they will go RWD again in the future... I hope...
    all my quotes are from the 2004 RWD 6MTmodel...i dont know the specs ont the 05/06

all my quotes are from the 2004 RWD 6MTmodel...i dont know the specs ont the 05/06
    I think we could leave it as levelled scores, or do you want to go to the Comparison section of the forums?
    Visca Catalunya!

na well call it fair, i gotta go now
    -CT out

Just one last thing

2005 Infiniti G35 (Manual) ------------------> 298bhp, 0-60mph in 6"1 seconds, so that means that it will hit 62mph (100km/h) in about 6"2 seconds.

2005 Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 Q4 (Manual) -------> 260bhp, 0-100km/h in 6"2 seconds, so even with 40bhp deficit the Alfa Romeo matches the Infiniti (in performance).
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information