Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 911 GT3 Model?

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    no i would spent the extra money on the gt3 rs, using the extra to pay for it to be legalised
    Take a peek at which forum this is in

he said if he was buying a porsche for real also
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by LTT
    But all that I can find in a kit is this model
    OK, then no need for me to post it. I made the same model, in the same colour.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    OK, then no need for me to post it. I made the same model, in the same colour.
    How was the kit henk? From that picture on the tamiya website it looks like the fronts is a little messed up, but it could be just the angle the picture was taken at.

The GT3 kit is perfect as most Tamiya kits are, proportion wise.

How was the kit henk? From that picture on the tamiya website it looks like the fronts is a little messed up, but it could be just the angle the picture was taken at.
    Here are some pics, the difficulty indeed is in the front section where you have to glue the bumper area to the main body before spraying and at the same leave the impression that the front part can be opened. The detail pic shows that I made a mediocre job of it. The rest of the kit is plain sailing, no problems but nothing spectecular.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thanks for the pictures henk. I'm going to call the shop I deal with after work today and I'll check if they have the Fujimi Gallardo in stock, if not it's looking like I'll be going with the GT3. But if I could trouble you or Dino once more, I was wondering if either of you would have a picture of the Tamiya 911 (993) GT2 street version. I'm going back and forth between that and the GT3 as my second choice.

Once I get that ordered (along with my paint), I'll get back into the Enzo and finish it up, then give you guys a peek. Thanks for all the help, it is appriciated.

I am not sure whether there is actually a street version Tamiya model of the 993. There are two GT2, one of whih I have added here, and which are bit more rewarding to build giving the nice decals

Thanks for the pictures henk. I'm going to call the shop I deal with after work today and I'll check if they have the Fujimi Gallardo in stock, if not it's looking like I'll be going with the GT3. But if I could trouble you or Dino once more, I was wondering if either of you would have a picture of the Tamiya 911 (993) GT2 street version. I'm going back and forth between that and the GT3 as my second choice.

Once I get that ordered (along with my paint), I'll get back into the Enzo and finish it up, then give you guys a peek. Thanks for all the help, it is appriciated.
    The street version kit of the GT2 that henk posted is identical except it has street tires.

Ok great, thanks for the pic Henk, and the info Dino. My second choice will be that 911 GT2 race version, then i'll decide later if I wanted to make it street or race. I'll call after work and then I'll let you guys know what I wind up getting. Thanks alot!

Well I ordered, and wound up taking a total departure from what was originally planned. I wound up going with the Tamiya 1:24 Mercedes CLK-GTR. I'm happy with the choice, as I haven't built an actual race car yet.

Well I ordered, and wound up taking a total departure from what was originally planned. I wound up going with the Tamiya 1:24 Mercedes CLK-GTR. I'm happy with the choice, as I haven't built an actual race car yet.
    Which version did you get? It is a very nice kit
    i'll post pictures of all versions I built, including the transparent one

as promised

Geez what kit don't you have henk .

The one I ordered is the one on the upper-left in your picture. I'm excted about it for sure. Oh, and I like that sign by the way

Geez what kit don't you have henk .

The one I ordered is the one on the upper-left in your picture. I'm excted about it for sure. Oh, and I like that sign by the way
    the sign provides the answer to your first question

Thread Information