Thread: Tiger R6 Build Day 1

Tiger R6 Build Day 1

Hi guys,

attachd you find pictures of our first day of the build We started disassembling a Ford Sieraa donor car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

more... i wont post them all because of the faces

Last pics are of a partly built Tiger in the workshop.

the green thing is the trash bin and the other are parts we will revise soon
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-08-2008 at 02:22 AM.

looks like fun, is the learning emphasis on practical ability or knowledge of parts (or both)?
    autozine.org

last few...

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    looks like fun, is the learning emphasis on practical ability or knowledge of parts (or both)?
    Both And about having fun man The completed tige you see somewhere i drove today through the neighbourhood. Quite fun i must say,though i cant really fit in it

Looks like you are having fun!! I can remember my day under a Sierra up the local scrappy. As for the Tiger kit (here comes another plug for almost all other kits) the quality of the kit looks a bit shabby. It might just be the awful powder coating on the chassis but it doesn't look to great. Just wait for LotusLocost to make his judgement. The R6 is a good car though, a vast improvement over the budget Avon and the Cat E1.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

There is a Tiger at my college too, they aren't brilliant to look at. Some of the powder coating had come off, this is all offset by the interior for this car is rumored to be made by someone from the Bentley Factory down the road.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    Looks like you are having fun!! I can remember my day under a Sierra up the local scrappy. As for the Tiger kit (here comes another plug for almost all other kits) the quality of the kit looks a bit shabby. It might just be the awful powder coating on the chassis but it doesn't look to great. Just wait for LotusLocost to make his judgement. The R6 is a good car though, a vast improvement over the budget Avon and the Cat E1.
    Well to be honest the powder coating on the chassis isnt too bad as far as i can tell Im not an expert on it but it seems good enough for me I sat and throttled(for a V4-measurement) in the finished Cat E1. It was so much smaller as i imagined. Someone like me with a normal posture,barely fitted into it I was stuck against the tunnel and the chassis... Not too nice really.

And with this group of people i am definately having fun For example,imagine 30 (!!) guys in fornt of this window looking onto the street for chicks. When we saw a really hot one someone pressed the horn on the Sierra. Right after we started ramming onto the windows,doing the builders-whistle I wish i took a picture of the girl face

The hardest part of the entire build is making a good planning for 40 people It is so damn complicated... But atleast we learn something from it

Soon I and two classmates will launch a website,unfortunately just in Dutch. We can choose any server size we like We will probably get a gB or more server space on the school's network

Thread Information