Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kit should i get?

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    What kit should i get?
    Damn, i was looking foward to coming into this thread and telling you all about the wonders of the Luego!!! lol
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

you can talk to me about it
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    bit of a curious comment from somebody who is aiming to buy a 911 or an M3 as his first car
    yall love to own me dont you? my dad is paying a large chunk of my car what amounts to about half, im saving everything i get for working for my car, and i have to pay for anything non-essential so thats why its so expensive
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I hope you don't have the displeasure of building the Revell Enzo. I bought it so I could save a few bucks over the Tamiya version......I don't think I'll ever buy a Revell again. I'm not especially bad at putting together models (somewhat on the other side of the spectrum, not to brag) but everything on this kit doesn't fit. The engine lid doesn't even fit evenly with the body, and hence doesn't close properly. The chassis also was extremely difficult to get on right, and doesn't quite fit either. Total crap.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    I hope you don't have the displeasure of building the Revell Enzo. I bought it so I could save a few bucks over the Tamiya version......I don't think I'll ever buy a Revell again. I'm not especially bad at putting together models (somewhat on the other side of the spectrum, not to brag) but everything on this kit doesn't fit. The engine lid doesn't even fit evenly with the body, and hence doesn't close properly. The chassis also was extremely difficult to get on right, and doesn't quite fit either. Total crap.
    Yes, some kits have to be 'finessed' together, while Tamya's practically fall together.

I'll admit, up until putting the chassis, engine, and cabin in, it was pretty smooth sailing. It was difficult to get the bonnet and engine lid on, but no, you couldn't possibly finesse the engine lid on....check it out....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tamiya's Enzo engine cover doesn't fit all that great either.

Really? Is there some sort of trend in the shape of it that causes some sort of design malfunction?

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Really? Is there some sort of trend in the shape of it that causes some sort of design malfunction?
    Seems to be. The rear of the cover doesn't seem to want to seal all the way down, not a big problem but keeps it from looking like a perfect fit.

you got a fucekd one i have the revell one and i fitted it together but i havent ghlued it and it fits perfectly

you said that fujimi is bad? i want the lamborghini kit from them but im worried it will be to dificult

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    you said that fujimi is bad? i want the lamborghini kit from them but im worried it will be to dificult
    Fujimi had a series of very good and detailed 1/24 scale kits, the so called enthusiasts models, which comprised a large number of Porsche 911s, a Countach. 246GT Dinos, BMW 6 Coupes, Porsches 356 (with engines with a real crankshaft and pistons), a Lancia Stratos, various Daytonas and a 288 GTO.
    These kits were sold together with cheaper series, of which the quality is doubtful and need much adjustment to get a perfect fit. I have not treid the recent Lamborghinis but what I heard of it the quality may be acceptable, but these kit are curbside (no engines and very rudimentary suspension parts) and for some are less attractive to build.
    Apparently the people who engineered the expensive kits left Fujimi a long time ago and are now associated with Model Factory Hiro, a company that produces very expensive multimaterial kits of a very high standard.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ok that doesnt sound good, i want an engine!

what kit would you suggest of a murcielago or a gallardo, or maybe a 993-series gt2, for about $30?

for porsches, im torn between the tamiya 911 gt1 and the tamiya 911 club road version

but i still want to find a good lamborghini kit

my friend is building the tamiya gt1 while i build my enzo and its a nice kit, but i see why you would be torn between those two. Personally i would go with the culb road version. All the race cars seem to be about the same build, you build one and its like you've built them all. The engines are all real similar and the interior is nothing, the only thing that differs is the body. But w/ road cars there is alot more detail to them. So basically its, do you want a race car or a road car?

Thread Information