Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that's not very good at all

Well that's not very good at all

Quote Originally Posted by some Typhon buyer
    According to a telephone conversation with Ben Samuelson the Typhon will not be sold in the form it is currently offered.
    The TVR Typhon is dead...

Although whether it was ever "alive" is debateable, it seems to have been in gestation almost as long as the Veyron.

Most of the T400/ 440R buyers had switched their orders to the Typhon, seeing as it didn't really cost that much more.

The one customer car that was delivered last summer was taken back when Smolenski took over, as they wanted to do more development.

Now it appears that the construction of the car is unpractical in its current guise.

I hope that they are going to come up with a suitable solution, and not kill the car completely.

It would have given many "supercars" a real run for their money.
    Thanks for all the fish

i dont think TVRs make market in the U.S.

and being the rightious american that i am, i dont know about this car

could you link or post pics
    pondering things

tvr typhon

i hope they dont kill or change the typhon, it has huge potential and belongs on the roads with all the world-wide respected supercars.

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    i dont think TVRs make market in the U.S.

and being the rightious american that i am, i dont know about this car

could you link or post pics
    http://www.sleepy-fish.com/typhon.htm

Thar ya go!

Power was gonna be from a supercharged version of TVR's own straight six, believed to be pumping out something around 580bhp. It was gonna be put down to the road through an inhouse 6-speed sequential transmission. Bodywork was gonna be all carbon-fibre with the focus on low drag and high speed stability. It had a target weight of 1100kg. However, it was put firmly on the back-burner when TVR was taken over and focus was put firmly on the Sagaris and Tuscan MkII. Now it looks like they've given up the ghost, with development time and costs being too much.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

i like it and it seems like a shame but that has to be the weirdest f**king gear knob iv ever seen...
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Power was gonna be from a supercharged version of TVR's own straight six, believed to be pumping out something around 580bhp.
    680bhp, but they decided to restrict it to 585bhp and 467lb ft.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by CHEESE-TACULAR
    i like it and it seems like a shame but that has to be the weirdest f**king gear knob iv ever seen...
    yeah...it looks fugly lol
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

thanks for the linkys
    pondering things

how do you shift with that?
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

It's a sequential - push lever forwards (I think that it pivots as well) to shift down, pull back to shift up.

That never made it to production spec though.

Attached pic is from a T440R, which is almost identical to the Typhon, but missing the carbonfibre construction and supercharger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the fish

maybe they're just holding off until this thing about the russian bloke buying MG. Because part of the reason for that was to get MG's plant so maybe they want to build it there.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

What I wonder is if TVR will ever stop making cars that perfectly resemble the Tuscan, or are based in the Tuscan, or have the engines of the Tuscan, or share the chassis with the Tuscan, or all of the stated before...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    maybe they're just holding off until this thing about the russian bloke buying MG. Because part of the reason for that was to get MG's plant so maybe they want to build it there.
    Nikolai Smolenski has put a bid in for MG. He isn't the only person bidding, and if he does win the bid, he will own MG and TVR.

That does not mean that TVR will immediately up and go down to Birmingham to commence production of rebadged TFs with Speed Six engines.

TVR's are very compex machines, and their construction is performed by very highly skilled staff. Without the staff they cannot build TVRs, and the staff aren't moving from Blackpool.

I said elsewhere: If you buy a puppy (TVR) and then a cat (MG): did the puppy buy the cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    What I wonder is if TVR will ever stop making cars that perfectly resemble the Tuscan, or are based in the Tuscan, or have the engines of the Tuscan, or share the chassis with the Tuscan, or all of the stated before...
    TVR are a very small company. They were bought for £15 million.

They have a chassis, which has evolved over a long period of time. The engineers know the chassis very well, and therefore they can do things quickly and efficiently.

They have an engine that cost them a lot of money to develop and build.
    They can't really develop a new engine, as it would cost too much.
    They could buy a customer engine, which is likely, seeing as Smolenski wishes to take TVR to America, but that ins't likely untill the company has settled down a bit, and they are actually building cars.

So, for the near future, the Speed Six is staying.

When Smolenski took over, production virtually stopped, and lots of money was being spent on development, but no cars were leaving the factory.

For what they are they really do punch well above their weight.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    TVR are a very small company. They were bought for £15 million.

They have a chassis, which has evolved over a long period of time. The engineers know the chassis very well, and therefore they can do things quickly and efficiently.

They have an engine that cost them a lot of money to develop and build.
    They can't really develop a new engine, as it would cost too much.
    They could buy a customer engine, which is likely, seeing as Smolenski wishes to take TVR to America, but that ins't likely untill the company has settled down a bit, and they are actually building cars.

So, for the near future, the Speed Six is staying.

When Smolenski took over, production virtually stopped, and lots of money was being spent on development, but no cars were leaving the factory.

For what they are they really do punch well above their weight.
    What I meant was that the range of TVR is really confusing in my opinion... they have a bunch of cars with about the same performance and similar prices... Think Tamora-Tuscan Mk II Convertible, T350-Tuscan Mk II Targa, Tuscan Mk II S-Sagaris, wouldn't it be better for costumers and the bussiness itself to simply the range and to concentrate on the really worthy cars?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I agree with Ferrer that the TVR range is a bit confusing at the moment. The Tuscan and T350 models use virtually the same chassis, same drivetrain etc, the only real difference is the fact that the T350 has a roll-cage, a different body shell and interior. The same can be said of the Tamora and the upcoming Tuscan convertible, same basic chassis and drivetrain, just different styling and interior really. Can't see the point personally, they'd be better off narrowing the range and concentrating on developing them to a much higher level of set-up and build quality IMO.

If I were in charge I'd ditch the Tuscan line (the MkIIs don't seem to be much of an improvement over the old model in terms of quality, and I think the styling is less attractive) and focus on the T350/Tamora/Sagaris concept and develop it into something that could genuinely challenge the likes of Noble and maybe even Porsche.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information