Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Honda NSX / Acura NSX (1st gen) NA1/NA2 1990-2005

Acura (NA1) NSX (1990-1997)

The very early one. Under the hood you find a 3.0 litre V6 developing 201 kW (274 PS, 270 hp), 284 Nm of torque and a redline of 8000 rpm. This engine also featured Honda's VTEC-technology. The power was transmissed over a double-disc clutch with 5-speed manual gearbox. Optional was the typical US-market 4-speed automatic. Already at launch the NSX had 4-canal anti-lock brakes as standart.
    For the 0-100 km/h sprint (62.137 mph) Honda claimed 5.9 seconds and a topspeed of 270 km/h (167.77 mph). The automatic (called F-matic) reached 10 km/h (6.21 mph) less.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yeahone; 07-08-2010 at 04:37 AM.

Since there are so many carenthusiasts from oversee I don't get why nobody posted these images before me. Especially when a member of this forum wears a nickname pointing at this car.

Acura (NA1) NSX-T (1995-1997)

Introduced five years after launch of the coupe: the NSX-T (Targa).
    This version can store its top under the rearwindow (shown at page 3, picture 27 by Ferrer). The rest stays just like the coupe.

It is very hard to spot the differences between both when the roof is on but the NSX-T features a longer windshieldframe while the coupe has the "gap" directly behind the glass.
    (You can see that pretty good at page 1, post #13 from Niko_Fx)
    Last edited by Yeahone; 07-07-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahone View Post
    Since there are so many carenthusiasts from oversee I don't get why nobody posted these images before me. Especially when a member of this forum wears a nickname pointing at this car.
    Haha, I contributed two images from the last page.

I appreciate every last image.

Thanks!

I'm liking this Yeahone guy!!

Yea, I guess he can stay.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thank you all! I said it before, nice place in here

Acura (NA2) NSX-T (1997-2002)

In 1997 Acura updated the NSX for the North American Market. With exception of a few exclusive cars the coupe was dropped and only the Targa version stayed available. The visuals remained untouched but the wheels got a new design (9-spokes instead of 5 and a larger diameter). Under the reardiffusor you now will find rounder (before they were half-oval) and not anymore polished exhaust-endpipes which also achieved more efficiecy as well as a redesigned intake. These are the only hints that this car had a new engine. The former 3.0 litre DOHC-VTEC V6 (coded C30A and was also installed in earlier Rover models) had been replaced by a 3.2 litre DOHC-VTEC V6 (C32B) with a higher output. It developed 290 SAE horsepower (216 KW) with 224 lb·ft (304 Nm) of torque while the Honda which had the same changes was claimed in Europe to have 280 hp (204 KW) and 298 Nm of torque.
    The 5-speed manual was replaced by a 6-speed gearbox. The former 2-disc clutch was dropped and a new 1-disc clutch developed by the German Luk groupe got installed.
    The German test magazine Sport Auto found out on an Euro spec Honda NA2 that the clutch was too small and weak to cope with the engines performance and traction of the rearwheels. The testcar even had problems with temperature on the disc which caused a complete fail of the clutch.
    With the upgrades the NA2 was capable of taking 0.2 sec less for the sprint from standstill to 100 km/h (62.137 mph).
    Because of the self-restriction in power Japanese carmanufacturers often claim lower performance figures than the engines actually are able to reach. Stock NSX (NA2) with 3.2 litre motor have been measured close to 300 horsepower. The fuel consuption over 100 km in the mix was about 12 litre.
    Last edited by Yeahone; 07-08-2010 at 04:48 AM.

For those who struggle with identifying Honda or Acura: Due to the Acura is concepted only for North American market it features sidemarkers in front- and rearbumper.

Acura (NA2) NSX Alex Zanardi Edition (1999)

The Zanardi Edition is similar to the Japanese Honda NSX Type-S. It was one of the few US-spec cars of the NA2-generation with a fixed roof. It was built as a tribute to the famous Champ Car racer Alex Zanardi who won the CART Champ Car championship in 1997 and 1998 on Honda / Acura.
    The special edition NSX was only available with Formular Red paintjob because it reflected the colour of Zanardi's team Chip Ganassi Racing.
    The car was 149 pounds lighter than a stock (NA2) NSX-T. Acura used a fixed hard-top roof, lighter rear spoiler, single pane rear glass, lightweight BBS alloy wheels with darkgrey powder-coat, a lighter battery, and a manual rack-and-pinion steering system instead of the electric power steering.
    The front features a non-painted spoilerlip similar to the NS-X Concept. The interior comes with black leather and red stitches, custom floor-mats with red framelines and a brushed-aluminum plaque with an engraved Acura logo, Zanardi's signature.
    The model was limited to only 50 units for the North American market. Number 1 owned by Zanardi himself, rumored to be modified by Honda. several sources claim that the car has been converted to hand-activated throttle, braking, and shifting mechanisms in order to allow Zanardi (who lost his legs in a horrible crash at Lausitzring in 2001) driving it.

The 6th picture shows a scaled model but I thought it matches with the other 5.

The Zanardi Edition was one of the best variants. Too bad it's so rare. And what a shame about Alex Zanardi's legs too. That's really sad. I do hear that he continues to race with hand controls.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The Zanardi Edition was one of the best variants. Too bad it's so rare. And what a shame about Alex Zanardi's legs too. That's really sad. I do hear that he continues to race with hand controls.
    He also won some races in the WTCC. BMW also adopted its latest sportsbike so that he could ride it at Monza I think last year or 2008 at worst.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

He doesn't race in the WTCC anymore though, does he?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

One more.

I guess you could call it a targa top?

A few more...

Lost track of how many photos were in this thread.

Thread Information