Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson Trial Verdict Imminent

Jackson is Free

People like to criticize the guy. Imagine peeps saying dat it serves him right cuz he wanted to be white(plastic surgery)!
    Anyway,Michael is free. I saw him walk out with Janet and enter black SUV's like 'dem Surbubans and all.
    But if anything like dis happens again, Michael is gonna be GONE TO SOON

Michael is Free!

Interesitng insight it gives to American judiciary system.

the quesiton has to be asked why an elected official went after Jackson in such an aggresive manner.

Makes me glad that our prosecutors dont' have to be elected to their job.
    I think there was too much of an ego trying to be the prosecutor that nailed a major celeb lik Jackson
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Michael is Free!
    To molest other children!!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Simple response.....

Microsoft Windows is the most widely used Operating System.

More doesn't make better

Especially if a news channel "dumbs down" to get ratings !!!
    No, the simple reason is that viewers are tired of news stations with an obvious slant to it. Fox has passed up CNN because less and less people are watching CNN. And that trend will probably continue.

Exactly how does a news channel "dumb down" to get ratings?
    Last edited by Fleet 500; 06-14-2005 at 12:11 PM.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

In before this one gets ugly.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    The Biggest Name Implies that their news is somehow Superior to other news sources, that they have the truth above all others.

Bigger By Ratings. But by content?

It's like saying that Nickelodeon is better than National Geographic because it has more viewers. Which is more informative?

We've been through this too many times, I'll leave it here.

And I agree that their choice of cars is terrible; it's probably because they actually need to fit 15 people in the one car.....
    I've never seen them hint at their station being "superior." They claim "fair & balanced" which is true... that station is much more fair & balanced than CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, etc.

Bigger by ratings, period. If CNN was so great (which they're not), they would still outrank Fox in ratings.

Those look like regular SUVs. I don't think 15 people would fit in one! Even so, I would still choose a stretch limo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Exactly how does a news channel "dumb down" to get ratings?
    Copy Americna news channels

No, seriously, they dont' go into any details, they dont' offer too many alternative views of any topic, they dont' cover news that the local population doesn't want to see - hence end up at the lowest common denominator. The necessity to cut to folliwng car chases, to having to go LIVE for eveyr little itme when more information coudl be imparted by presentatin in the studio. You KNOW the stuff, car accident and asking locals what happened usually to get the answer there was an accident

Difficult questions avoided because it woudl "take too much air time" to investigate and explein.

The land of "sound bites".

How many ways does it have to be described ? We all know it when we see it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've never seen them hint at their station being "superior." They claim "fair & balanced" which is true... that station is much more fair & balanced than CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, etc.

Again An entirely Subjective point. Where is your evidence of this.....

Oh wait, I remember what happens when you ask for evidence. Nothing Happens.

Bigger by ratings, period. If CNN was so great (which they're not), they would still outrank Fox in ratings.

Good news is not Interesting News. If you watch the News to be entertained, theres something wrong with you.

Those look like regular SUVs. I don't think 15 people would fit in one! Even so, I would still choose a stretch limo.
    I would too, adds to the aura of power. But those Econovan things carry 15 At least.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I would too, adds to the aura of power. But those Econovan things carry 15 At least.
    Fox News has had less hard news controversies than the other major stations. If you really think that the other stations I mentioned are not left-leaning, then you wouldn't understand any evidence I provide.
    You want "evidence?" Watch the other channels, then watch Fox.

Yeah, but not much luxury riding in a van! They may as well buy school buses and convert them to vans so they could put a lot of people in them.

Fox News has had less hard news controversies than the other major stations. If you really think that the other stations I mentioned are not left-leaning, then you wouldn't understand any evidence I provide.
    You want "evidence?" Watch the other channels, then watch Fox.

So because FOX leans right it's balanced?

Balancing the others, perhaps, but not balanced itself.

Yeah, but not much luxury riding in a van! They may as well buy school buses and convert them to vans so they could put a lot of people in them.
    They probably would, you know.

Makes it easier to pick up kids when Cruising around.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    No, seriously, they dont' go into any details, they dont' offer too many alternative views of any topic, they dont' cover news that the local population doesn't want to see - hence end up at the lowest common denominator. The necessity to cut to folliwng car chases, to having to go LIVE for eveyr little itme when more information coudl be imparted by presentatin in the studio. You KNOW the stuff, car accident and asking locals what happened usually to get the answer there was an accident

Difficult questions avoided because it woudl "take too much air time" to investigate and explein.

The land of "sound bites".

How many ways does it have to be described ? We all know it when we see it
    They cover news they think will interest the greatest amount of people. I think they cover car chases because it brings in ratings. And let's face it- ratings are the name of the game. Without good ratings, a news station is in danger of failing.

All of the news channels try to fit as much info in the time allowed. As for "difficult questions avoided," that's certainly not true on O'Reilly's or the Hannity & Colmes shows! They thrive on asking their guests difficult questions!

The sound bites are there for a good reason... so the viewer who may not have heard the quote(s) can hear them so they know what the conversation is about.

I'm not saying that Fox is balanced because it leans right. It's because they present both sides. Also by the hosts and/or news reporters... there are quite a few liberal ones one Fox, but very few (if any) on CNN or ABC or whatever other station.

I don't know why some people complain that there are dozens of left-leaning news stations and ONE non-left-leaning news station! I mean, there should be at least one non-left-leaning station, agreed?

Fleet - Why the hell have you turned this "Michael Jackson trial verdict" thread into a "Fox News" thread?

If you want to discuss the relative merits of Fox News, start your own thread, rather than hijacking someone elses.
    Thanks for all the fish

I'm not saying that Fox is balanced because it leans right. It's because they present both sides. Also by the hosts and/or news reporters... there are quite a few liberal ones one Fox, but very few (if any) on CNN or ABC or whatever other station.

I don't know why some people complain that there are dozens of left-leaning news stations and ONE non-left-leaning news station! I mean, there should be at least one non-left-leaning station, agreed?
    I concur. There should be a broad spectrum of News and you should be entitle to watch what you want.

It's when Those news stations (All of them, I'm not picking on FOX here) Alter the news (Whether Dumbing It down or the method of reporting; Illiciting Sympathy, Anger Etc.) for ratings that I get annoyed.

We've had a battle here in Australia recently where a Girl has been sentenced to 20 years Jail in Bali (she's an Australian) and the News services have been battling to incite sympathy and anger against the Indonesian government. Then, When white powder packages and threats of a boycott are sent flying about near embassies, they back off saying "Oh, We had nothing to do with this."

THAT annoys me. The News should be the news, not Entertainment.

Thread Information