Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Hydrogen cars ever take over?

Maybe 2018

Quote Originally Posted by 250 GTO
    Maybe 2018
    how are you able to give a specific year?
    could you tell me the month too so I'm ready for it?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    i saw on the news her in NZ, that experts reckons we will run out of oil by the year 2010... thats scary.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    i saw on the news her in NZ, that experts reckons we will run out of oil by the year 2010... thats scary.
    maybe sweet crude

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Biodiesel can be grown almost anywhere, with no pollution, and can run in an unmodified diesel engine.

Why not use that?

All "pollution" coming out the back of the car is part of the natural carbon cycle, so it isn't adding to the ammount of CO2 as fossil fuels do.
    any combustion will add CO2 unless the plants used to make the fuel consume an equal amount which i doubt is the case. Biodiesel is not an option for replacing gas (we already have food shortages, how are we going to be able to grow engough for our fuel needs?) but it is a good inbetween solution. i think a hybrid diesel running B100 would be awsome. theyre not a hybrids but SEAT (VW) makes some cool diesels. But...

With all forms of energy people only think about emissions etc. but what they forget is the heat generation created during the creation of the energy and the use of it. Look at nuclear power, it creates massive amounts of heat in the creation of the power (they're basically steam plants) and then when the electricity is used it creates heat again (lights, stoves, heaters, computers). try and grab a light bulb and youll see how much heat it generates, then multiply that by the billions of lights on earth and you can imagine how much heat is being generated on the planet. or put your hands on your engine block next time you stop driving.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnnyperl; 06-13-2005 at 04:03 PM.

they need to make the technology cheaper, faster so that we dont all die from lung cancer and the smog.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

My year was just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I think hydrogen is the wrong route.
    It will take a lot of time, money and energy to start creating hydrogen in any meaningful volumes, so you aren't really reducing the ammounts of energy needed via fossil fuels, just moving it from the cars themselves to the hydrogen plants.
    they can use electrolysis to make hydrogen and then use them in cars its cheaper and faster

The current process to produce hydrogen actually pollutes the air more than conventional gas-powered engines. The way to cut down on this would be to use Solar-power, but that is far too expensive at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts
    they can use electrolysis to make hydrogen and then use them in cars its cheaper and faster
    It's not cheaper or faster yet. That is fully clean though. Iceland is getting very into electrolysis powered by clean (and unlimited) geothermal engery.

I am pro-hydrogen, biodiesel, whatever as long as something gets done. I'm pretty bored of talking about it though, after writing many essays about it (in one case 30 pages). In this day and age all I can really hope for is a political shift to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by tallguynate
    The way to cut down on this would be to use Solar-power, but that is far too expensive at the moment.
    I can just imagine a car covered in calculators.
    eat cicada

i was reading an artice in the newspaper and they said the CNE is going convert to solar power by 2010 os then they will be completly self sufficent (sort of)

and there was another artice where a guy put solar panels all over his roof , it cost him a fortune but now he saves like 10 grand a year
    this is all in canada if ur wondering

oil companies won't let hydrogen cars ever become popular. until maybe we run dangerousley low on oil.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

What's preventing us from making synthetic gasoline? It has a chemical make up like any other substance. And if we have synthetic motor oil, why can't we make synthetic gasoline? I find it hard to believe no one's thought of trying this, so it must not work for one reason or another.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

maybe it would cost more, to make and either way you still need the same elemets to make up gasoline

Thread Information