Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st American Team in 38 years to win Le mans

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Says who? I don't know of any contract strictly with Ferrari. After he's done with F1 he's fair game for whoever wants him. But it might hint at a return to LMP racing for Ferrari. That'd be interesting to watch.
    Only if Ferrari quit using those 575s and 360s...........I hope he gets a Ferrari P1 model if he goes Le Mans. The current Ferrari GTs are simply bullsh*t. The remaining 575s were slower than the Porsche RSRs. Plus Schumacher is specialized in short term races. He would probably lose in Le Mans. Do anyone has info on Mercedes, Porsche, or a new Audi LMP? And when is Schumacher gonna be done with F1?
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 06-19-2005 at 10:49 AM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    Getting a bit off topic, but hopefully he (and the other Michelin tyred drivers) will be racing at all, though a Ferrari vs Jordan vs Minardi race might be interesting too...
    How right where u?

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    And when is Schumacher gonna be done with F1?
    He said he'll quit when he no longer can compete with the younger drivers. He was confronted about it recently and stated that he wasn't quitting just yet... he think he still has a chance... Go figure.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Plus Schumacher is specialized in short term races. He would probably lose in Le Mans. Do anyone has info on Mercedes, Porsche, or a new Audi LMP? And when is Schumacher gonna be done with F1?
    I don't know, Schumi is in incredible shape, especially when driving in a cramped, almost claustrophobic F1 car at 4-5 g's for 2 hours. I think he'd handle it well.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I don't know, Schumi is in incredible shape, especially when driving in a cramped, almost claustrophobic F1 car at 4-5 g's for 2 hours. I think he'd handle it well.
    Schumacher was part of the Mercedes team when it ran the Saubers in the early nineties, so he does have the experience
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Schumacher was part of the Mercedes team when it ran the Saubers in the early nineties, so he does have the experience
    So he haven't driven in Le Mans for about 15 years, too little experience won't help much, especially rules are so different back in the Sauber age. I wanna see him lose someday.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Woohoo! At least I have something to be happy about...Go Corvette Racing!

Panoz had been embarassed through the whole race. Why compete with Porsche in GT2 class? There's no reason to do so because Porsche are the best in GT2 class.
    Panoz was (and I don't know if they still are) to get a single make 'GTS' class which would spotlight just the Esperante GTS. I believe they're running the Esperante GTLM in GT2 until they can get their new class (doubtful)....But in LMP1 with the Roadster S there still is a pretty good chance of winning, although much smaller than Audi's.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

So he haven't driven in Le Mans for about 15 years, too little experience won't help much, especially rules are so different back in the Sauber age.
    Well, there have been a lot of unexperienced drivers in Le Mans before. Sebastian Loeb for example, I don't think he had driven an LMP before his tests for this year. Besides, they all have to start somewhere, don't they.

Porsches dominance in GT2 might just be coming to a end, Panoz has already beaten them in ALMS and its not a big surprise they didnt do well at this years 24 hours, the learning curve is huge, expect a stronger showing next year

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    Porsches dominance in GT2 might just be coming to a end, Panoz has already beaten them in ALMS and its not a big surprise they didnt do well at this years 24 hours, the learning curve is huge, expect a stronger showing next year
    Yep, great news! the very first victory for a Panoz (in an Esperante GTLM) in GT2 class. Sweeeeet.....
    http://www.americanlemans.com/News/A...spx?NewsID=969
    And they should've! Road Atlanta is their home base!
    Last edited by Esperante; 06-22-2005 at 05:39 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

GT1
    1. Corvette C6-R
    2. Corvette C6-R
    YEA!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    nothing to be cheering about bro....38 "fn" years...if any thing "AUDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SIZE=5]"AUDI"[/SIZE]
    Last edited by QuattroMan; 06-30-2005 at 10:45 AM.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

The Audi R8's are the most insane cars ever.....damn it if they make a car that does so incredibly well again.

As for Aston Martin, they tried.......but Corvette was just a liiiiitttle too good I love these new Corvette's so much!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    The Audi R8's are the most insane cars ever.....damn it if they make a car that does so incredibly well again.

As for Aston Martin, they tried.......but Corvette was just a liiiiitttle too good I love these new Corvette's so much!
    same here cdocz, i love corvette's but 38 years is a long time...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thread Information