Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to car manufacturers??

What has happened to car manufacturers??

Recently all cars are looking uglier and r filled with useless stuff!!
    take the new s class it looks stupid and cheap when the old s600 was presented in the 80s everyone was like wow what a car but now it looks ridiculous and just like other japanease cars,,
    so r bmws the m6 actually won the prize of ugliest car even the 754 looked better before it had this "face lift"
    not only german manufacturers also peugeot has been doing mistakes with the upgrade of 307 and i also dont like 407
    and i haven't mentioned all the useless stuff i have a dvd in my car that i have never ever used and airbags that opened (when i had an accident last month)about 2 seconds late which was enough to almost break my hand,,
    i'm not saying that all cars are going worse just many of them arent as good as they used to be,,,,
    so what do you think?

but now it looks ridiculous and just like other japanease cars,,
    maybe the japanese cars are just looking more like the european cars. And all that useless stuff help sell the car b/c the majority of the car buying public thinks its cool even if they will never use it. Like dvd players and other crap.

But i do agree that the new s class looks japanese but then again w/ acura and infinity selling really well the euro cars are going to want to take back some of that market.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDance
    Recently all cars are looking uglier and r filled with useless stuff!!
    The end of the world is coming! LOL. I think that the designs are alright. But I do agree that they're filled with useless items, but that's what they're meant for. The s-class is meant for the rich who can afford such luxuries.

I think exactly the oposite. For me the new line of BMW (Z4, 6, and 7 series) are the most beautiful ones ever. Also I love 407, one of the best looking cars in its class.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    I think exactly the oposite. For me the new line of BMW (Z4, 6, and 7 series) are the most beautiful ones ever. Also I love 407, one of the best looking cars in its class.
    and you can't forget about new astons. all of them are such a beatiful cars.
    12 cylinders or walk!

bmw: agreed
    peugeot: that thing is the ugliest car ever, they had to shape the front of the car so that it fit new european safety regulations for 2005, because of that it has a ferrari-escque airvent that looks like its about to eat a big pie, its horrible.

see? it has an immediate disadvantage to the new passat, even before the passat is out yet, and my dad has driven it, its a real bad drive, the gears on the gearstick are too close together and the diesel engine is weak as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    and you can't forget about new astons. all of them are such a beatiful cars.
    Well Astons are amazing as always. I didn't mention them because we were talking about other brands.

The funny thing is; when the 407 was pedestrian tested, it rated average.

Cars like the Honda HRV are still beating it.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I agree with you about the BMWs, I've liked them since the new style first came out. But as for the 407:

I DON'T LIKE 407s!!! (think Monty Python: Spam sketch)

I didnt say all new cars look bad some still look great like alfa romeo, aston martin, lamborghini and some bmw's but others like renault or the new ferrari 612 has nothing to do with ferrari it looks really awful for a ferrari, even though japanease cars dont compete with europeans on this segment and btw just because u r rich doesnt mean u need extra useless stuff to make your life more complicated if i had all this money i wouldnt have time to reall 200 p manual on how to use your new car with 99999 buttons and eventually the cars job is to get to where you want to go thats what they really should be focused on...

The new S class looks RIDICULOUS. Look at the steering wheel, it looks like some gameboy with the buttons on the side. Maybach look-a-like. I dont blame the gadgets its just the looks which makes it look really cheap.

Uglyness is in the eye of the beholder. The reason most designs look the same is that most companies are owned by GM, Chrysler, Ford, etc. Secondly everyone wants to look European, whatever that is.
    As far as useless goes, some people may consider a V8 to be useless (not me!). Some may eschew power steering air conditioning, power windows. So useless to one is highly regarded by others. The other reason all these thing are included is so the companies can gouge the customer for more money. Its called upselling. "Do you want a six stacker with that and would you like to upgrade the supersize?"
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

the 407 is a terrible car in the "aesthetic" means. it looks terrible, i went in a raffle to win one recently with one as the major prize. my goal...

to win it and sell it for 10k under retail and buy a supra...

didnt work
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    the 407 is a terrible car in the "aesthetic" means. it looks terrible, i went in a raffle to win one recently with one as the major prize. my goal...

to win it and sell it for 10k under retail and buy a supra...

didnt work
    i'd sell it for 20k in some yuppie suburb and get a nice low mileage supra
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

WOW, I'm surprised to say the least about your response to 407. For me it's the first Peugeot I would really want (apart from 4002 )
    aNOBLEman: please explain because I don't have the episode with spam sketch and I don't remember it quite well.
    And as for 612: it surely doesn't have much in common with Ferrari, BUT you have to think is that a good thing or bad? I personaly don't like Ferrari judging only by the looks. (I like F40 and F50 but that's as far as it goes) Come to think of it I'm sort of a weirdo when it comes to cars. I don't like Porsche (except Carrera GT), Ferrari, I absolutely hate muscle cars like old Mustangs or Chargers, I don't give a crap about classics (I mean I repect them but I don't like the idea that I HAVE to love some car just because it is considered "classic"; for me the most amazing and beautiful car of all time would be Exelero and I pray that this concept will not go down the drain).
    I absolutely ADORE Chris Bangles ideas and as for American cars: I think that only now they're beggining to look decent (Chrysler 300M, Crossfire; Cadillac ST.... Cadillac Sixteen )
    Let the criticism begin!

Thread Information