Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noble M400 vs Ariel Atom 300 vs Caterham CSR 260

Noble M400 vs Ariel Atom 300 vs Caterham CSR 260

Interesting article in the Times Motoring section this weekend comparing these three cars and trying to see which was the fastest going from 0-60. They were trying to see if they were anywhere near the manufacturer's claimed timings and to see if anything could beat the fabled McLaren F1s 3.1secs. (Although someone should've told them that the Ultima GTR actually holds the record now! )

Good to see them doing it as scientifically as possible, doing six runs (three in either direction to negate any prevailing wind advantage) and taking an average.

The Atom was looking set to steal the show until it became apparent the factory had fitted it with illegal tyres. Stupid really, as I reckon if they'd fitted it with road legal trackday tyres like Dunlop Formula Rs or Yoko AO48s it probs would've won the test anyway.

Here's the full article: http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...667864,00.html
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Intriguing isnt it... (Spelling Mistakes)

Speed is overrated. Give me the Noble. I can drive that every day, and won't have to hide under a bridge when it rains.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Speed is overrated. Give me the Noble. I can drive that every day, and won't have to hide under a bridge when it rains.
    You Mardi
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

I'd take the Atom, but the Caterham and Noble have a veeerrry good argument.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

yeah typical "quality" motoring journalists from the British newspapers

" You rev the engine until it’s screaming and then you feed in the clutch. Lift your right foot too fast and you’ll induce unnecessary wheelspin; too slow and you’ll cook the clutch "

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^^^lol "no, your other right"
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Get a hat you wimp!
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Get a hat you wimp!
    Not so much to keep me dry, but do you want to get your $60,000+ sports car interior wet? And what's a mardi? I don't speak English. I speak American.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Not so much to keep me dry, but do you want to get your $60,000+ sports car interior wet?
    They're designed to cope with getting wet

The Elise was fine until some twat decided they needed to add "comfort" and put carpets in the bloody things. THEN water was getting trapped causing corrosion in the floor !!!

For the REALLY heavey rain you can always fit the hood. BUT for lighter rainfll it's easier just to keep the speeds up and use the air to keep the rain away
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Not so much to keep me dry, but do you want to get your $60,000+ sports car interior wet?
    I think they probably already thought of that.

Anyway Tom Kristensen doesn't hide under a bridge when it starts raining on his $60,000+ open-top Le Mans car.
    Thanks for all the fish

In the Atom at least, there is no such thing as an interior ... because there is no exterior.

But give me the Atom, it's not like cops will be scrutinizing for the legality of your tires anyways....

2.88 seconds, Holy shit. That is extremely fast, legal tires or not. I'd take the Atom in heartbeat. I wonder what its 0-60 would be if the Atom had 400bhp?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

I think it would be 2.87 at the most, when you are accelerating that fast you need to add alot more power or loose alot more weight to get a noticable improvement.

man with the atom you'd probably get whiplash when your accelerating.

Thread Information