EPA Fuel Economy:
    City: 19 – 22 Highway: 25 – 33
    Available Engines:
    140-hp, 2.0-liter I-4
    205-hp, 2.0-liter I-4
    210-hp, 2.0-liter I-4

Available Transmissions: 4-speed automatic w/OD
    5-speed manual w/OD

The Talon was Chrysler's only true sportscar to date. It was the fruits of Chrysler buying a stake in mitsubishi, because when they first bought them, Chrysler was selling cloned mitsubishi cars. The Talon was one of them. This is really just a rebadged Eclipse, and for a little while, the Plymouth Laser accompined it. Eagle was origonally made for enthusiests, and the Talon lived up to it, with it's powerful engines and 4wd. after the Eagle brand was losing sales, Chrysler slowly fdaded it out. where in 1996, the summit (and whole colt family for that matter) was killed, and in 1997, they halted production on the Vision (an Intrepid colne) and for 1998, the Talon remained, and it died when Chrysler took down thge Eagle brand Oldsmobile style. With the discontinuation of the Eagle brand, America cuttting many brands followed, in 2001 the Plymouth brand was killed and in 2004 the unprofitable Oldsmobile brand went to the great parking lot in the sky. The Eagle talon still manages to ignite the souls of young sports car fans today.

Don't be fooled by: This and the Mitsubishi Eclipse were built in the same factory.

Alternate drives: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, Dodge Avenger, Ford Probe.

I personally say: " even though the Talon may be a clone of the Eclipse, just something about it makes more than just a clone."

Ford Probe
    1989-1997

EPA Fuel Economy:
    City: 20 – 26 Highway: 26 – 33
    Available Engines:
    118-hp, 2.0-liter I-4
    164-hp, 2.5-liter V-6

5-speed manual w/OD

The Probe is Ford's most aerodynamic production car to date, which can trace it's roots to 5 radical concept cars built throughout the 80s. It was Ford's main GT car and would eventually grow into the Talon's only rival. The probe was way ahead of it's time and it waws also sold in the Uk, but just like with the Explorer, it went belly up quickly over there, and evn worse, this technological marvel is a popular ricing target! AHHHH! But by 1997, Probe sales slipped so bad that it was discontinued, 1 year before the talon.

Don't be fooled by: the PRobe being a riceing target, it is not like the Civic, this car isn't overrated.

Alternate drives: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Dodge Avenger

Dodge Avenger
    1995-2000

EPA Fuel Economy:
    City: 20 – 22 Highway: 27 – 32
    Available Engines:
    140-hp, 2.0-liter I-4
    163-hp, 2.5-liter V-6

5-speed manual w/OD

The Avenger was another fruit of the joint with Mitsubishi and Chrysler, but this time, Chrysper provided the body, Mitsubishi only provided the chassis.The Avenger was more of a real world sporting car, which was sporty, but comfortable and spacious, butall that was killed off by Dodge's crappy reliability which was mostly due to heavy transmission problems.

don't be fooled by: Dodges at the Avenger's time were just about as reliable as Bin Laden on a peace mission.

alternate drives: Chrysler sebring, Ford Probe, Riding Lawnmower.

ok yes, my reviews are simular to Top Gears. sorry, but when I picked up a copy in Scotland, I liked what I saw.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

the probe is a POS, poor economy, not that fast, bad reliability. idk anything about the other two, so i said eagle talon.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Talon... seriously...
    All i ahd to do was read the heading to decide.

BTW: Talons have more mods too
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Eagle talon... Best looking/Fastest and more aftermarket selection than the other 2

Eagle Talon is just the rebadged Mitsubishi Eclipse. Much better built.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

The Talon is just as prone to breaking as the Probe and Avenger, especially once you up the power. None of them are great cars, and that's why they're a dime a dozen.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I hate all three of them and I will take your "Alternate Drive" of a riding lawnmower because I would rather shoot myself in the foot than be caught driving one of these.

accually, the Riding Lawnmower was an alternative drive to the Dodge Avenger.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Probe, only one that looks half decent IMO. I also used to have a neighbour that raced one in pro stock drags
    I am the Stig

Thread Information