Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Koenigsegg CCR on the Ring

All these "records" bring me closer to my decision:

If I'd ever ever ever got the money to buy _one_ supercar it'd be the Koenigsegg CCR.

It's nearly fast as a Veyron in straight line, it's able to compete with the (street legal) bests on Nordschleife and it's so goddamn good looking. It's the all-in-one supercar.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Sorry, but that times out of PGR2 can show you how incorrect it is. The best times out of GT4 are nearly comparable to the real world, but also to quick, because you can drive faster if you won't destroy anything. But 6:40 is a lot quicker as this car ever will go round that track. It's impossible to do that with a road legal car on street tires. And it's also nearly that impossible with a real racecar on slicks. The best lap EVER was driven by Stefan Bellof in a Porsche 956 in 6:11.13 and that lap was in the qualifying (so not the official best lap). In the race he managed a 6:25.9. The works-956 had nearly 900bhp and was a real race car.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    I've done it in under 6:30 which makes me half-man half-manbird? It's an awsome car agreed. And in PGR2 the CC8S was my hands down favourite.
    my record is 6:23 in the Porsche 911 GT1, which is definitely my favorite. Now if I could get the Speed 12, I bet it would take the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    my record is 6:23 in the Porsche 911 GT1, which is definitely my favorite. Now if I could get the Speed 12, I bet it would take the cake.
    Well I've earned(!) that aswell and I think I did a 6:10 with it IIRC... I havn't driven that much with the GT1 except online and when racing im satisfied with a 6:20-6:25 time, so quite similar there.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Well I've earned(!) that aswell and I think I did a 6:10 with it IIRC... I havn't driven that much with the GT1 except online and when racing im satisfied with a 6:20-6:25 time, so quite similar there.
    so how did you get the TVR? It seems absolutely impossible, and I've been working on it for 4 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    7:28 --- Porsche Carrera GT, Walther Röhrl, Autobild July 2004 >
    7:32.4 -- Porsche Carrera GT, definitive time by Horst Von Saurma
    7:32.5 - Gemballa Porsche GTR 600 EVO, Wolfgang Kaufmann (2001) >
    7:36 --- Porsche Carrera GT, factory test driver Walther Röhrl (2002)
    7:40* -- Porsche Carrera GT, *estimated time on cold and partially wet track (2003)
    7:40 --- Mercedes Benz McLaren SLR, Klaus Ludwig, Autobild July 2004 >
    7:42 --- Radical 1500 SR3 (2002)
    7:43 --- TechArt GT Street (2001)
    7:43 --- Porsche 996 911 GT3 RS, factory test driver Walter Rohrl, MOTOR Magazine
    7:43.5 - Lamborghini Murcielago (Autocar magazine, 2002)
    7:44 --- Pagani Zonda C12S (07/2003)
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Comaha
    All these "records" bring me closer to my decision:

If I'd ever ever ever got the money to buy _one_ supercar it'd be the Koenigsegg CCR.

It's nearly fast as a Veyron in straight line, it's able to compete with the (street legal) bests on Nordschleife and it's so goddamn good looking. It's the all-in-one supercar.
    if you'd have money to buy one supercar, you'd have money for another one and another
    12 cylinders or walk!

Truly awesome car. Does anyone have any Enzo lap times? Has it even done the ring?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    Sorry, but that times out of PGR2 can show you how incorrect it is. The best times out of GT4 are nearly comparable to the real world, but also to quick, because you can drive faster if you won't destroy anything. But 6:40 is a lot quicker as this car ever will go round that track. It's impossible to do that with a road legal car on street tires. And it's also nearly that impossible with a real racecar on slicks. The best lap EVER was driven by Stefan Bellof in a Porsche 956 in 6:11.13 and that lap was in the qualifying (so not the official best lap). In the race he managed a 6:25.9. The works-956 had nearly 900bhp and was a real race car.
    Nearly comparable? Far from what i've heard... Don't know what's "more realistic" doing a 6:30 with a "7:30"-car (PGR2) or a 5:30 with a 6:30 car (GT4)... I'm not suggesting gotham to be realistic I'm just saying that comparing times won't make GT4 a clear winner. Forza on the other hand... best.console-racing-simulation.ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    so how did you get the TVR? It seems absolutely impossible, and I've been working on it for 4 months or so.
    By trying again and again. It took 4 weeks from silver to platinum, first i figured I'll just see how many platinums I can get, but one after one they all fell. About 5-15 or so are REALLY hard (+1h per/platinum) and for me the 16.000 cone challenge in the coupé class was simply a nightmare. But when you have less than 20 left you just CANT leave it there. That cone challenge took me 2 days to complete (~3-5h/day) but you can imagine the feeling of completing it. My roommate has also done it and he was a noob before PGR2. And it's the best practice ever since you cannot afford to make *any* misstakes you eventually learn to drive "flawlesly". Don't be afraid of that retry-button! And keep your head cool. It will sound impossible at first, but you *will* get better and learn every inch of the tracks. It's also fun to play live afterwards and own 99% of the people there I'm not saying i'm driving perfectly though, there is still room to improve and people like nicolas0202(5:54 or something on the ring) keep me reminded of it. But once you figure out the "basics" it's all about fine tuning the lines. Experiment and keep trying! Good luck!
    - Are YOU listed? -

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Truly awesome car. Does anyone have any Enzo lap times? Has it even done the ring?

Not until yet, but SportAuto announced a Supertest with it in this summer... we will see...
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    Not until yet, but SportAuto announced a Supertest with it in this summer... we will see...
    So it's a good time to place the bets? I think it'll be quite even unless ferrari is planing on forging the laptimes. 5€ on the CCR
    - Are YOU listed? -

so what was the ultimas time that has the record doesnt it?

and im sure if those wacky engineers at koenigsegg put their minds to it they would make it faster than the GT, and im sure if they got a talented driver like walter rohl to drive it would also go faster, maybe that girl from Top Gear that went pound in just over 9 min in that Jag S-type desiel.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    so what was the ultimas time that has the record doesnt it?

and im sure if those wacky engineers at koenigsegg put their minds to it they would make it faster than the GT, and im sure if they got a talented driver like walter rohl to drive it would also go faster, maybe that girl from Top Gear that went pound in just over 9 min in that Jag S-type desiel.
    The Donkervoort has the record as stated and IIRC it took it from the Radiacal SR3 Turbo (7:19), cant remember the time for the ultima but it was slower... And I believe you're right, with a good driver I see no reason why the Koenigsegg wouldn't beat the CGT.
    - Are YOU listed? -

i lapped it in 6:30 in GT4 with a modified lan evo MR without going off the track , hit 336 kph on the final strait

The Donkervoort has the record as stated and IIRC it took it from the Radiacal SR3 Turbo (7:19), cant remember the time for the ultima but it was slower... And I believe you're right, with a good driver I see no reason why the Koenigsegg wouldn't beat the CGT.
    key word is good driver, when a car surpasses the limits of most people's abilities its no longer up to the car to determine the fastest time but the skill of the driver

id rather walk round that 14 miles then do it in an f1 car cuz i know ill black out at the first corner at 4gs lateral acceleration and even more during braking

... actually no id still take the f1 car, a normal person can take nething up to 8 or 9gs if i remember correctly

Thread Information