Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Koenigsegg CCR on the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Look at the Donk that has the record at the 'ring - yep it sprouted wings.
    I know it looks like a race car, but it drove the official record for road going cars. This was a prototype...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I don't know if this still is a issue here but I didn't notice this before.
    And I just wanted to say some things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    Sorry, but that times out of PGR2 can show you how incorrect it is. The best times out of GT4 are nearly comparable to the real world, but also to quick, because you can drive faster if you won't destroy anything. But 6:40 is a lot quicker as this car ever will go round that track. It's impossible to do that with a road legal car on street tires. And it's also nearly that impossible with a real racecar on slicks. The best lap EVER was driven by Stefan Bellof in a Porsche 956 in 6:11.13 and that lap was in the qualifying (so not the official best lap). In the race he managed a 6:25.9. The works-956 had nearly 900bhp and was a real race car.
    Do you really think that the lap times on GT4 are realistic? I did a 6:50 lap with my Amuse R1 300bhp and road tyres without hitting the walls at any time. And now the really crazy times are comming up Audi R8 5:56 (me), Nissan R89C Race Car 5:34 (a friend), Sauber Mercedes C 9 Race Car 5:29 (a friend) and those were all laps that we didn't hit the wall at any time. Then there was this one lap that my friend did with the Sauber 5:17, but it wasn't as "pretty" as the others (he hitted the wall in some places pretty hard)
    By the way my PGR2 time on the ring is 6:28 on the ring. And in Forza i have managed something like 7:30 in a Zonda GR in a race i know it's not fast.
    Did anybody was there?

In GT4, the times are only accurate w/ road-tires. Once you go into sport/racing tires, the times are off by A LOT.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    In GT4, the times are only accurate w/ road-tires. Once you go into sport/racing tires, the times are off by A LOT.
    Thats the point. My oppinion is only about laps with roadlegal wheels and roadlegal cars. That laptimes are compareable to the real world. And, as I said before, even then you will be faster at the PlayStation, because you can get higher risks, because you won't be hurt in case of a crash.

I know, that times with slicks and real sport cars are faster than they should be. One point which should be better in GT5.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Thread Information