Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lenham

Well, the blue Lenham is probably a real one too then. But what is their definition of genuine? He might mean that the project in the advertisement is 100% correct (having all the period bits and pieces, even the Lotus Twin Cam), unlike many of its relatives, which have most likely been equipped with different engines (the blue one has a Ford if I'm not mistaken) and other modern gizmoes. I would be surprised to learn that even unknown, and in fact not historically important Lenhams were replicated. The best thing I could do is try to find some period data of the Lenham cars to dispel all mysteries

Lenham Links

Hi,
    I was also trying to find out the origins of that blue Lenham. Beautiful car!

Anyway, there are several pics of it at http://gallery.UKMotorsportPics.com. Here is one good shot (http://gallery.ukmotorsportpics.com/p18307346.html). You can almost read the Lenham logo on the front.

Most of the pics have the Lenham in the background, but if you contact Glenn Summerbell he says he has lots of pics that aren't on the website.

There is also a Lenham GT for sale at http://homepage.mac.com/foxmotorsport/PhotoAlbum27.html. I can't tell if it is still for sale and I can't say if it is "genuine" or not, but a genuine one would be really really rare and even the non-genuines are pretty cool.

Happy Trails

Hi everybody

Do you know something about the Lenham which participate at Le Mans in 1976 ?

It was a Group 6 car that had a Ford Cosworth FVC engine (4-cyl. 1,8 l) and was entered by French mechanic José Thibault, who drove it with other French drivers :Hubert and Lateste. The car retired after 14 hours due to an accident. No photos yet but I keep looking.

Edit: A photo.

But my guess is you're looking for more specific info, like what chassis it was based on (Darnval or a Darnval-modified Lenham? LM1? LM2? LM3?) etc.? That I don't know, but one thing about this car is certain - the body was hideous
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by go.pawel; 02-08-2007 at 05:22 AM.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Ok thanks a lot but i was looking for other pics of this car. Jose Thibault was a mecanic in Chateauroux. I am in touch with Vincent Mausset from Darnval (he was the M of LM).
    2 Lenham entered Le Mans but did not race :
    In 1970 with Hurst and Calcult and in 72 (the LM3 Darnval was a true Lenham unmodified by Darnval except the sticker !)

I think the ugly one is the one from 70 with another body.

Do you know anything else about Roger Hurst, who died a couple yera ago, or about a Lenham register ?

Quote Originally Posted by AMICALEMANS
    Hi everybody

A DNF ... #29 classified 36 http://www.experiencelemans.com/en-us/dept_161.html
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by AMICALEMANS
    Do you know anything else about Roger Hurst, who died a couple yera ago, or about a Lenham register ?
    I remember that Hurst's family wanted to create a Lenham Hurst registry after his death, but I guess they haven't able to do it yet. At least I can't find one. (There was also a contact person named and a phone number).

Why are you that interested in Lenhams?

My quest is about Lenham's cars in Le Mans...
    I think nobody knows, that the Darnval LM3 was a Lenham without any modification; and nobody knows (even in UK) where the 76 Lenham is comming from !

Thanks for everything

Quote Originally Posted by AMICALEMANS View Post
    Hi everybody

No I do not know about that particular one.
    But I am looking for all the info I can about the Hurst Gt and Darnval because I am the happy owner of the only car the built for road use. It has exactly the same design but you lift up the whole roof to get in and it runs a Lotus Twin cam and what is most intresting is that it was built for the French market so it is left hand drive. If somebody out there knows something about this car please let me know.

Would you be so kind to post a photograph of your car? That way we can see what type we are exactly dealing with.

Lenham gtr1 pics

Here comes som pictures from my car
    they are from the previus owners home page.
    Cheers
    Patrick from Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufmann View Post

Here comes som pictures from my car
    they are from the previus owners home page.
    Cheers
    Patrick from Sweden
    We can't see the photos. Please use the attachments system.

Lenham in Sweden

Finally I manged to post the pictures.
    These are however from another Swedish car mine is looking identical but needs some assembling. I will post those later.

one more, as shot during the 2006 Silverstone Historics. (The blue coupe was also present).
    Apart from the winglets on the nose the car looks very similar to the one shown in #13.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information