Thread: '84 Vette

'84 Vette

Yup, me and my dad got rid of our old 1989 Alfa Romeo Milano ...but we ended up buying a 1984 Chevrolet Corvette that still needs some work on it. Here are some pics (the tarp on the roof is there so that when it rains, water doesn't leak in...somethings wrong with the t-top..)

Back

Side #1

Side #2

Rim Shot

Front

Interior pics to follow...

Eric

Looks in pretty decent shape, do you have any plans for it?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Yeah its not bad, the interior is very clean, the exterior could use some touch ups though.

Basically when I turn 16 next summer, my dad wanted me to have a car ready to drive. We had an Alfa Romeo, but it was too unreliable and we sold it. Now I know that this isn't the most practical first car, but hey, its a Corvette!!

Basically we're going to have the roof fixed and get it re-painted (Pearl white), change the emblems. There's also a few technical things that need to be fixed (radiator) and little things with the engine.

Eric

Any performance mods?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Not yet...haha I'm not even sure what performance mods I could use...I guess once there aren't really any problems with the car, we'll worry about performance and stuff..Even without any mods this thing is still FAAAAST!

Eric

nice car, you're right on it just needing paint from what I see but you should know what to do about the engine.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

thats a sweet first car. its got the 5.7L 350 in it so you can do a shit load of performance mods. Its got the same engine as some of the 3rd gen camaro's so just look for camaro mods if need be and they should work on your car.
    Last edited by shr0olvl; 07-04-2005 at 02:40 PM.

Yeah the paint isn't TERRIBLE, but meh, it's got no flair...Instead of getting it painted plain white again, it's going to be Pearl White, so it has that certain "bling" to it.

As for the engine, I'll post some pics of that later along with the interior..I'll be on the look out for some Camaro mods now!

Eric

I dont know this,it might just be me, but i never liked rims liek those on cars,with like a full plate sort of in the middle. Do you think you'll be replacing the rims on it[with tire]? I dont mean big chrome 19s, but just normal better looking ones?
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

Quote Originally Posted by sleekeywoowoo
    I dont know this,it might just be me, but i never liked rims liek those on cars,with like a full plate sort of in the middle. Do you think you'll be replacing the rims on it[with tire]? I dont mean big chrome 19s, but just normal better looking ones?
    I actually never really liked rims like that either..like the ones where you can't really see the brake calipers. But after getting them polished and put back on the car, they really do look good on the Corvette. That picture doesn't really do it justice, the rims are actually really nice. When we take the car out this weekend I'll get some better pictures of it, since now its kind of backed into the driveway. But they do look really good.

I sort of wanted to keep it more or less original, so if I ever were to change the rims on it, I was considering C5 Corvette rims...now those would be nice

Eric

I was thinking something like this

Rims
    Rims pt.2
    #2 Rims

Nice and clean,but not too flashy.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

I like those rims on a Vette, I think they suit the shape. Nice job mate, if that's gonna be your car I hope you have a nice job to pay for the fuel.

Thread Information