Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manual Transmission

for those who want to learn the ride in a manual diesel, it is even easier. Engage first gear, let the clutch come up and the car will start rolling on the overrun. Disengage the clutch again, shift to second and re-engage the clutch. By that time you may start thinking about pushing the throttle to further increase speed. All this of course if you are not in a real hurry
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Orefus
    wait how do i down shift/ reverse?

Lets say im in 3rd gear, let off the gas, press the clutch, shift to 2, accelerate?
    It's all in the article I posted. Like Matra said, let the rev's drop to a dulling rate, get your left foot on the clutch, and pop the gearshift into a lower gear. You don't accelerate when dropping gears. To go in reverse, it's the same operation as putting it into first: hold the clutch with your left foot, put the gear in R, then while letting off the clutch, slowly depress the accelerator. (Don't drop the clutch too quick or add too much gas because you'll either jolt off to a start, or stall.)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information