Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best american car ever made

Well, if you -really- want my opinion I'd have to say an El Camino just because it's an El Camino, but that's not a car per se. Sooo I'll say Superbird or Hemi-Cuda.

Estoy de acuerdo

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    Corvette because it has been around for 50 years. I don't like most of the old ones but the C5 and C6 are really nice. For the money you can't beat the vette, it has performance that is better than most cars that cost 3 times as much plus it looks good.
    Es cierto que tanto el Mustang como el Corvette tienen la insignia americana de los mejores autos jamás construidos, por esta razón tienen ambos una historia increible. Sin embargo, no podemos descartar como muchos mencionan, al Camaro y al Shelby. Ciertamente en nuestros días, si hablamos de autos americanos insignia, tendríamos que hacer una importante elección entre el Dodge Viper, el Ford Mustang (cuya versión concepto promete mucho) y el indiscutible (y muy mejorado) Corvette C6.

Saludos
    (I hope Spanish and English can interact on this forum)
    An American Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by yardo
    Es cierto que tanto el Mustang como el Corvette tienen la insignia americana de los mejores autos jamás construidos, por esta razón tienen ambos una historia increible. Sin embargo, no podemos descartar como muchos mencionan, al Camaro y al Shelby. Ciertamente en nuestros días, si hablamos de autos americanos insignia, tendríamos que hacer una importante elección entre el Dodge Viper, el Ford Mustang (cuya versión concepto promete mucho) y el indiscutible (y muy mejorado) Corvette C6.

Saludos
    (I hope Spanish and English can interact on this forum)
    English is the only language used on this particular forum, if you wish to post exclusively to Spanish speaking members I suggest MSN Messenger.You wouldn't want to come across as a "pendejo".

the 1967 copo optioned corvette with an all alumium 427 lz1 v8!
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

The Corvette would have to be. It was America's original sports car meant to compete with the world. In its 50 year history it's had its ups and downs but more or less always stay true to it's original intent, performance. For the price the Vette is one of the sports cars in the world.

well i would like to say the saleen s7. it is one of the few american super cars

Probably the Ford GT40.

Yeah, the Vette is good and all, but if you want 400 bhp, get the 390 bhp Ford Mustang Cobra. It's $20,000 less than the Corvette.

ANYTHING FBODY

lol maybe i am biast though since i own several lol

LA

Quote Originally Posted by Ford100Years
    Probably the Ford GT40.

Yeah, the Vette is good and all, but if you want 400 bhp, get the 390 bhp Ford Mustang Cobra. It's $20,000 less than the Corvette.
    But the vette is still significantly faster and quicker, and also handles much better. And not only that but it get better gas milage too .

Vettes probably the best american car there is. Definetly the best bang for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    But the vette is still significantly faster and quicker, and also handles much better. And not only that but it get better gas milage too .

Vettes probably the best american car there is. Definetly the best bang for the buck.
    yes i agree, i love vettes very much
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford100Years
    Probably the Ford GT40.

how is the Mustang Cobra 20,000 cheaper than a vette?? the last time i checked Corvettes were around 45,000-50,000, and the Cobras are about 40,000.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

I think the Ford GT has a pretty good claim to that title. After all, it was the car that crushed the unbeatable Ferrari racing team in the 60's Le mans events. Obviously it is still recognisable and is still considered to be good looking, since people are drooling over the modern re-make.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Nildo
    I think the Ford GT has a pretty good claim to that title. After all, it was the car that crushed the unbeatable Ferrari racing team in the 60's Le mans events. Obviously it is still recognisable and is still considered to be good looking, since people are drooling over the modern re-make.
    But it was then crushed by Matra.
    And then crushed by Alpine-Renault.
    Then by etc etc etc
    In claiming the GT40 as the greatest, I think it is often forgotten the years of trying to win Le Mans and failing abysmally. Their early attempts make MINARDI look a top team It was a dog for years and Fords response was to get over the handling issues by keep putting bigger engines in the hope of averaging the speed out !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Duesenberg SJ.

The GT40 was a car designed and made in Britain with american engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon_Filter
    The GT40 was a car designed and made in Britain with american engines.
    So was the Shelby, but who's complaining?

Thread Information