Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspected Bomber Shot Dead

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    you're anti freedom? why?
    missing a "quote".

I meant to say anti-"freedom"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Sky News are now reporting from a "source" that the man shot dead on the train WASN'T one of the 4 suspects of yesterday's attempted bombings.
    I hope that there is a very good explanation of why he was taken down, proving that he was a very definite threat to public lives.

As to why they shot him 5 times I think it is understandable if he was a suicide bomber. There have been incidents in the Middle East where security forces have shot suicide bombers and they have still been able to detonate their device while seriously injured. The instructions HAVE to be shoot to kill I think, the consequences (especially on a busy underground train) are just too great if they don't fully incapacitate the guy.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    As to why they shot him 5 times I think it is understandable if he was a suicide bomber. There have been incidents in the Middle East where security forces have shot suicide bombers and they have still been able to detonate their device while seriously injured. The instructions HAVE to be shoot to kill I think, the consequences (especially on a busy underground train) are just too great if they don't fully incapacitate the guy.
    J_B the concern raised was that the inital reports say they had tackled him and pinned him down and THEN shot him 5 TIMES in the head.
    That's different from a body shot from 50m to a terrorist !

We'll know once the investigation on the shooting is completed.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Did worry me that the initial reposrt on the bbc were saygin that witnesses were reportign the guy was chased onto the train, tackled, held down AND THEN SHOT - 5 times.

THAT is just a little worrying

Better that than him exploding while people try to handcuff him. If he was inocent, he wouldn't even have run in the first place.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    This shooting i think will help radicals brainwash young muslims. Shooting a person 5 times is a bit extreme regardless of what he/she has done. Apperantly they shot him 5 times in the HEAD one shot would of killed him but why shot him 5 times?

To send out a message to both the populaiton and the terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Homem de Gelo
    I get what you mean. But still if the terrorists see their own people getting shot 5 times by 'infidels' wouldnt that make them more eager to kill more 'infidels'.

yep, the message being you are going to DIE anyway so you may as well build a bomb and blow it up and take them with you

It's NOT a good time to be using excessive force. We hope we'd learned that aroudn the world these last 20 years

Better that than him exploding while people try to handcuff him. If he was inocent, he wouldn't even have run in the first place.
    IF he is GUILTY then it is up to THE COURTS to judge and sentence.

In the way you've written that it has a slight taste of allowing the police to be all 3 arms of the law - BAD idea

If he was immobilized then HOW is he supposed to explode it ?
    As I've said, maybe with a button in his hand etc etc.
    We'll know once the official investigation is complete - at least THAT part of our justice hasn't been hijacked yet !!

I just read about this on teletext and was quite surprised. The "Big Brother" society is not that many steps away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I pointed out Helsinki locals wear t-shirts.
    I wore an overcoat !!
    Yay for locals!
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Yeah, the escalading violence is a problem, but what can be done when diplomacy and reasoning completely fail (for the most various reasons)???

How sure are the police in this investigation. The story almost sounds as if he jumped the gate and ran from the cops like most of us would if you saw a cop yelling at you. I can understand why they shot him if he was wearing a heavy trenchcoat w/ exposed wires but the validity of that whole bit isn't too great.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    How sure are the police in this investigation. The story almost sounds as if he jumped the gate and ran from the cops like most of us would if you saw a cop yelling at you. I can understand why they shot him if he was wearing a heavy trenchcoat w/ exposed wires but the validity of that whole bit isn't too great.
    if i saw a cop yelling at me, i wouldnt run
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    if i saw a cop yelling at me, i wouldnt run
    You don't live in NJ...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

sick ppl, i dont think court n stuff will work. It only takes a lot of time and they will just lock the person in question up.

This shooting is not good, but i think you have to act hard against something that plays hard. And if the guy is a terrorist, he is already prepared to die.
    But the thing that bothers me most is "was it a terrorist".
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

true, true
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information