Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explosions in Sharm El Sheikh

Explosions in Sharm El Sheikh

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo
    CAIRO, Egypt - As many as seven explosions struck the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheik on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula early Saturday, targeting several hotels and killing at least 25 people, witnesses and police said.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday's explosions at 1:15 a.m., when many tourists would have been asleep, shook windows a mile away. Smoke and fire rose from Naama Bay, a main strip of beach hotels in the desert city popular with Israeli and European tourists, witnesses said.

A police official in Sharm el-Sheik said at least 25 were killed and 110 wounded in multiple explosions targeting the Ghazala Gardens and Movenpick hotels in Naama Bay and the Old Market area nearby. Other officials in Sharm said there may have been as many as seven blasts: three in Naama Bay and four in the market.

Amal Mustafa, 28, an Egyptian who was visiting with her family, said she drove by the Ghazala Garden — a 176-room four-star resort on the main tourist strip in Naama — and it was "completely burned down, destroyed."

Khaled Sakran, a resident, said he saw one explosion from the Old Market. "I saw the saw the fire in the sky," he told The Associated Press. "Right after, I saw a light in the sky and heard another explosion, coming from Naama Bay."

"The blast shook my house, I can see the fire and lots of smoke," Akram al-Sherif, a Jordanian who was staying at a summer house less than a mile away, said.
    I've been there 3 years ago, magnificent place for vacation. So now we have hell in paradise.
    BTW: I've added shot of the Sharm El Sheikh and Naama bay area I've made with Worldwind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

that was...different

raise a hand if you're sick of this shit

**raises**
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    that was...different

raise a hand if you're sick of this shit

**raises**
    I respect your view, but
    - The whole world's been doing it, but has it ever made any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    I respect your view, but
    The question you should ask is: could the world be even worse if no one raised their hands.
    I think yes.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    I respect your view, but
    don't give me this right-wing bullcrap. yeah i know its happening everywhere, but when it does happen to a developed (more developed than others anyways...) nation its different. yeah i know, somalians, chechnyans, and iraqis are dying daily. im not that ignorant.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    don't give me this right-wing bullcrap. yeah i know its happening everywhere, but when it does happen to a developed (more developed than others anyways...) nation its different. yeah i know, somalians, chechnyans, and iraqis are dying daily. im not that ignorant.
    It irks me the way suddenly it's a big thing.

Ther was little support given during 30 years of concerted bombings and shooting in ireland and mainland Britain

yep, hands have been up on these issues for a long, long time in some "civilised" nations ( whilst others were collecting funds to support the terror )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

at least 49 confirmed dead. high numbers for serously injured also.
    this is truly sad. i cant see why someone would do such things.
    its a magnificent place, ive been there 3-4 times and its truly amazing.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

I'm telling you all, these terriosts are going to do this to the wrong country one day, and that country isn't going to give a crap blowing up a few cities.

I mean, look at the consequences if they even attacked one of the Korean countries. To my knowledge, the Korean war proved that Koreans aren't people to piss off.
    Of course, you'd have to be stupid to attack one of the Koreans anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    I'm telling you all, these terriosts are going to do this to the wrong country one day, and that country isn't going to give a crap blowing up a few cities.

I mean, look at the consequences if they even attacked one of the Korean countries. To my knowledge, the Korean war proved that Koreans aren't people to piss off.
    Of course, you'd have to be stupid to attack one of the Koreans anyways.
    And then WWIII will erupt... It'll turn into a festival of bombs, America, Britain, France, Russia, Germany, Spain, Canada, China, Japan, etc. will get involved, and ouch.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

That moron Representative Tancredo said last week that if terrorists ever use WMDs on the US, we should nuke Mecca.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Eeeh? The terrorist are usually residents in the country they're attacking and who would the country retaliate to anyway? I understand your concern though. People want revange even if there is noone to take it out on. In that case you have to take it out on someone else. Like the US - Iraq war.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77
    That moron Representative Tancredo said last week that if terrorists ever use WMDs on the US, we should nuke Mecca.
    OMG! Well I cannot say I didn't see this coming.

62 people reported dead. Sad to see Egypt targeted, but it really wasn't that big a surprise either. *sigh*
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    OMG! Well I cannot say I didn't see this coming.
    The article in question....

Quote Originally Posted by By Mike Soraghan and Anne C. Mulkern - Denver Post Staff Writers
    Tancredo won't back down - No apology for discussing retaliation on Muslim holy sites

WASHINGTON - Rep. Tom Tancredo refused Monday to back down from his statement Friday suggesting that the United States might respond to a radical Islamic terrorist attack by bombing Muslim holy sites.

Muslim groups earlier Monday called on Tancredo to apologize and said they want to meet with the Colorado Republican.

"I'm not suggesting we do it. I have nothing to apologize for in that respect," Tancredo said. "I'm simply saying to have a good discussion on this issue, a thorough discussion on what is perhaps the most serious kind of possible situation we could face as a civilization, that you cannot simply take things off the table
    because they are uncomfortable to talk about."

Tancredo, a Littleton Republican, made the statement about bombing Muslim holy sites, including the Saudi Arabian city of Mecca, on a Florida talk-radio show.

Besieged by reporters for the first time Monday as he unveiled an anti-amnesty immigration bill, Tancredo said the terrorism issue was a very tough one to deal with and that "tough things were said." He said he stood by his remarks.

The reference to bombing holy sites, he said, came up in a discussion about possible ways the U.S. could respond to nuclear strikes against its cities by terrorists.

"I simply throw that out there as something to think about, although it is horrendous to think about, I understand that," Tancredo said. "So is having one or more cities destroyed in the United States. And that's all I did."

Muslim leaders disagreed.

"When he makes such a statement he should have the courage to go back and apologize," said Rafaat Ludin, president of the Colorado Muslim Society, an organization that includes a mosque and represents 15,000 Muslims in the Denver area. "He is trying to provoke these terrorists who are making our lives miserable, here and across the world. How can you in your right mind call for something like that?"

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Washington, said, "People outside the United States will take this as representative of the United States. It makes the war on terror that much harder."

Asked Monday whether he was concerned about inflaming terrorists, Tancredo said, "You've got people telling us that they're going to bomb our cities and kill however many millions of people that they can. You're telling me there's something more hostile than that?"

Tancredo made the comments Friday in a conversation with talk-radio host Pat Campbell at WFLA in Orlando, Fla. They were discussing an article on the conservative Internet site WorldNetDaily that said Islamic terrorists have brought nuclear devices across the Mexican border, preparing for an attack on the interior U.S.

Asked how the United States might respond to such an attack, Tancredo said, "You could take out their holy sites."

Campbell said, "You're talking about bombing Mecca." Tancredo replied, "Yeah."

Tancredo is a member of the House International Relations Committee.

A fervent opponent of illegal immigration, he has begun an insurgent bid for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination that he says is designed to force a more serious candidate to take a hard-line stance on immigration.

Tancredo said he was not worried about the comments hurting his chance at the presidency.

"I'm not going to couch my words based upon some bizarre hope of, you know, running for president," he said.

Rafaat and Ludin said Colorado Muslims are seeking a meeting with Tancredo to discuss his comments. Tancredo spokesman Will Adams said he was not familiar with the request.

/Staff writer Mike Soraghan can be reached at 202-662-8730 or [email protected][2]. /

Staff writer Anne C. Mulkern can be reached at 202-662-8907 or
    [email protected][3].
    -------------------------

THE FOLLOWING IS A TRANSCRIPT OF A PORTION OF U.S. REP. TOM
    TANCREDO\'S CONVERSATION WITH TALK-RADIO HOST PAT CAMPBELL ON FRIDAY:

Campbell: Worst-case scenario - if they do have these nukes inside the borders and they were to use something like that, what would our response be?

Tancredo: What would be the response? (pause) Um, you know, there are things you could threaten to do before something like that happens and you may have to do afterwards (unintelligible) draconian.

Campbell: Such as?

Tancredo: Well, what if you said something like, "If this happens in the United States and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims." You could take out their holy sites.

Campbell: You're talking about bombing Mecca?

Tancredo: Yeah. What if you said, "We recognize this is the ultimate threat to the United States, so this is the ultimate response." I'm just throwing out some ideas because you would be talking about taking the most draconian measures you could possibly imagine. Because other than that, all you could do is, once again, tighten up internally.

what a dickhead !!!

Extremists liek this make the worst Stalinist look reasonable.

Given that everyeon expects organisations to distance themselves from extremists, will we see the Republican party and US government make a public statement ?

The Muslim organisations in the UK wholeheartedly came out and made it clear that they were NOT in support of the ideals, the views or the actions of those who bombed Londond. .... Please let us have some links on follow-ups to this nutter ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Wow, we have fools like this representing our nation? God damn I want to move, the terrorist groups that saw this are probably having a field day.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information