Thread: Bit advice plz

Bit advice plz

Hi everyone i have just bought a nissan 200sx turbo and i woundering if any one can tell me where the best place it to buy a dump valve and kit from at a resonable price plz
    and anymore info about the 200sx turbo
    thx in advance

Where do you live?

And how much is a Resonable Price?

EDIT: Ok, if you live in the UK, there is a company called Bailey that manufacture performance parts for most sports cars. There is a dump valve, and a fitting kit.

http://www.msport.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh00...ml%23a738#a738

It is the 4th One Down marked as the EVO` Twin Piston Dump valve. Although it says EVO, you can get a fitting Kit for a 200SX S13/14 Turbo.

As you have not said if your 200SX is an S13/14, Here are both of the Fitting kits.

http://www.msport.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh00...ml%23a767#a767

The S14 is the 22nd one and the S13 is the 23rd one Down.

Remember, this is only if you live in the UK, if you dont.. Well thats a different Matter.

If you do live somewhere else, Please say and i will try my best to get you something.

AF
    Last edited by adamfraser; 07-25-2005 at 09:05 AM.

do they use an air flow meter or a map sensor?, you need to know this to decide on which type of dump valve is approiate

i.e. according to bailey motorsport you are not supposed to use a diaphragm type on a car with an air flow meter they say you should use a piston type.

personally id go for a re-circulating dump valve as apposed to a atomspheric, that way boost isnt lost as such and is recirculated back to the turbo allowing it to spool up quicker.

if its stock it should have a MAFS, and if you have the MAFS its hard to get an atmospheric dump valve to work unless you have the setup right with the fuel management needed for that.(the MAFS has allready read all that air and adjusted the fuel so when you close the throttle and release the air to atmosphere it'll dump a bunch of gas into the cylinder but no air and stall your car when going from high boost to idle).

if you are not gonna change it or get an apexi SAFC to fix the desacceleration then you'll have to recirculate the air.

the 200sx has a 2.0L I4 with a turbocharger producing i believe somewhere in the low ~200hp and around same on tq(to the flywheel), it weights either ~2700lbs(S13) or 2800lbs(S14), don't know how much the S15 weights or if it was sold where you live(as far as i know it was only sold in japan)

also it is called the S-chassis, thats why some name it S13,S14,S15(there's even S12)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

whats a dump valve?

Why do you need a BOV ?
    Are you running a T67 on the SR20 or do you get off on the noise?

I think the wastegate in the stock turbo is adequete.

Thread Information