Thread: finished, Bugatti 59

finished, Bugatti 59

Just finished one of the more unlikely subjects, the Bugatti 59, an old Matchbox kit in 1/32 scale. I wanted to have an old warrior, so I removed all the chrome with brake fluid (except for the radiator and the tank filling caps) and used aluminium paint to get a weathered effect. I did some work in the engine department (the blower and the inlet system are absent in the kit) but an effort to add the ignition lines failed as the colledtor tube was really unworkably small. The wheels are a let down, but for 5$US you can not expect much. The rest of the kit is how it came. Pictures of Bugatti 59's show it to be a single seater with the co-driver's seat covered but also that was not included in the kit, just a two seat bench.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by henk4; 07-26-2005 at 05:10 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Nice.

Not sure about the "weathered" look. kind of looks in the pics liek a 5-year olds attempts on his first model
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Nice.

Not sure about the "weathered" look. kind of looks in the pics liek a 5-year olds attempts on his first model
    I am rejuvenating all the time
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I am rejuvenating all the time
    sadly our hands aren't. Those ignition lines woudl have been easy 10 years ago
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

sadly our hands aren't. Those ignition lines woudl have been easy 10 years ago
    So you could still do them.....

the original 59 engine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice build on a great subject!

Nice.

It was so easy to be gentle on him and blame the old, rather bad, Matchbox kit. You just can't be soft, can you?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

It's very nice! At first I was a bit suprised by the uality, but considering it's 1/32 it looks very good! I'm not a fan of the weathered look, myself either, but you executed very well.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Nice build on a great subject!
    Thanks, would you have advice what to use for cleaning parts after the brake fluid? Paint does not stick very well...

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    It was so easy to be gentle on him and blame the old,
    I DID blame it on age

and nope, I take every opportunity to bring a smile to some and a grimace from others

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Thanks, would you have advice what to use for cleaning parts after the brake fluid? Paint does not stick very well...
    Hmmmm....don't know other than scrubbing them with dish washing liquid. I never use brake fluid for that so I don't have a cure for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Hmmmm....don't know other than scrubbing them with dish washing liquid. I never use brake fluid for that so I don't have a cure for it.
    thanks , yes that would probably do the trick, it was also my first time to use the stuff, it took ages before all plating let loose

nice , bravo

Thread Information