Thread: Don't rent a car with AVIS LOCATION

Don't rent a car with AVIS LOCATION

October 2003 I were in Montreal for a business travel. I have decided to rent a car with Avis Location cause my brother told me that it was a good company.

the 12 October at 3AM, I had have an accident on the Decarie highway. The car was totaly wrecked, it was a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS. I have called the 911 and the highway patrol came in 5 minutes. It was very fast. We were 3 in the SUV and it was my collegue who was driving.
    Now we are the 27th january and I have recieved a mail at my crib in Switzerland.
    "AVIS HAS DECIDED NOT TO RENT ME A CAR IN THE FUTUR"
    I don't know why, they told me that the circunstance of the accident were not clear and they decided to ban me for 2 years.
    I'm upset against my collegue, but I have decided to rent cars with Hertz for the next time. Avis is just real bullshit. They have ban me but me I have ban this ****ing company on my mind.
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    October 2003 I were in Montreal for a business travel. I have decided to rent a car with Avis Location cause my brother told me that it was a good company.

the 12 October at 3AM, I had have an accident on the Decarie highway. The car was totaly wrecked, it was a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS. I have called the 911 and the highway patrol came in 5 minutes. It was very fast. We were 3 in the SUV and it was my collegue who was driving.
    Now we are the 27th january and I have recieved a mail at my crib in Switzerland.
    "AVIS HAS DECIDED NOT TO RENT ME A CAR IN THE FUTUR"
    I don't know why, they told me that the circunstance of the accident were not clear and they decided to ban me for 2 years.
    I'm upset against my collegue, but I have decided to rent cars with Hertz for the next time. Avis is just real bullshit. They have ban me but me I have ban this ****ing company on my mind.
    Just refresh my memory, this is from the same member who drives his Porsche in excess of 250kmh while his wife beges him to slow down? I wouldnt loan you my sneakers.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Just refresh my memory, this is from the same member who drives his Porsche in excess of 250kmh while his wife beges him to slow down? I wouldnt loan you my sneakers.
    Lol and why not?? It wasn't me who was driving
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    Lol and why not?? It wasn't me who was driving
    When YOU rented it did you make it clear who would be driving ?
    Rental companies don't like surprises.
    BTW, if you have an identical accident with NAY of the rental, they'll all do the same.
    Seems you don't have much choice other than renting a Hertx, etc - AVIS have your name on their banned list !!!

AVIS are the best !!

lol !! i liked crisis's reply !!

as for car rental companies, being a guy that rented tons of cars from almost all the major rental companies (particulary in Canada, where u had ur accident), i think that it is safe to say that i found Avis to definetely be the best of them all. their prices are unbeatable and they have great customer satisfaction, they basically go the extra mile for their customers. their car selecion is among the best too. i am sorry to hear about what happened to you, but i have to defend Avis.
    in case ur wondering, i found Budget to be the ultimate worst car renting company.

i cannot have a thread dissing Avis and not reply with my opinion.
    i think Avis are the best !
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

If someone was driving your 911 and they totalled it, would you let them drive your next car?

...yeah, that's what I thought

I'm disappointed with their 2 year ban, if it was up to me I'd ban your for life, but thats just my opinion.
    I think you have to look at it from their perspective.

I tend to agree with all the responses, wish I had something witty to add.

Anyways,
    I haven't rented many cars, but the few times that I have I had to specify who would be driving and each driver would have their information recorded. I don't know how true it is, but I was told that in case of an accident if the driver was not one of the designated drivers the rental insurance would not cover damages.

As far as best rental companies, the best I have dealt with was ALAMO rentals in Florida, they didn't have any of the base model cheap rental cars left ... seems my confirmation paperwork had gotten "lost", they apologized repeatedly and set me up with a choice between luxo sedan, SUV or a almost sporty convertible at par. (I took the ragtop )

I agree with Swissbeatz. AVIS sucks. I have rent a car in Avis 5 months ago in Los Angeles. It was a Chevy Tahoe. This car sucks like Avis. I have decided to change my car with another.
    Mercedes 600SEL (WRECKED)
    Audi RS4

Thread Information