Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In a few years time

Well essentially its some one who races in a club event like the RX2,3,4,7 club(and what ever else is in between) on track days and so forth and also get involved in rallys events and club sponsored events and so forth....prehaps matra could give a better explination actually being involed in these races rather then a unemployed 18 year old who wishes to getinvoled in these races.
    Last edited by Falcon500; 02-02-2004 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    prehaps matra could give a better explination actually being involed in these races rather then a unemployed 18 year old who wishes to getinvoled in these races.
    Thanks
    the broadest description of a 'club racer' is someone along for the fun.
    Usually only race in club organised events ( hence the name ) as opposed to national and international series.
    Each country has different local interpretations of the different classes and race series, so club racers can compete in anything
    Usually it's the local track based or nearby rally events.
    'Amateur' is another description, though many club racers accept sponsorship - usually local businesses - which can often unwittingly put them in the 'professional' group.
    It's NOT their career for cost ( or age ) reasons.
    I consider myself a club rally but track only fun days.
    Trackdays on cricuits are NOT racing, they involve driving quickly with others on the track and occasionally try to see who goes fastest. But in the UK, the former is covered by my insurance and races aren't
    I don't (yet) compete on track races as either the car is worth too much to race it ( the A610 ) or not competitive enough to avoid embarrasment ( the Bagheeras ).
    Friends run Lotus 7 copies in open series races at local track and compete 6-8 times a year. Another one runs an A110 in 'historic' class of sportscars series at local track only.
    I keep my eyes open for a 'different' track car - either an A110 ( tho' I'd set it up for rallying ) or an A310 to be different.

ok, thanks for the explaination guys.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thread Information