Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite skyline

favorite skyline

what's your favorite skyline?
    mine is the R33 GT-R
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

R34 Blitz... probably

Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R. Seems like more of the muscular skyline out of the three to me. All of them are great, but I love the R32.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

stock or aftermarket???

my favourite stock skylie would be the r34 GT-R v-spec nur N1.
    and for aftermarket highlines it would have to be a top secret skyline, over 1000hp from the shop!!! nuff said

R34 V-Spec
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

im not really a skyline fan, but if I had to pick, it'd be close between the R32 and R33, the R34 screams "|M @ 4|C34 F001!!" (i think im mentally ill or something, everybody else seems to love it...)
    After a bit of debating in my mind I'd say R33. A little bland imo, but not screaming ricer, nor any bit too boring, about right.

The R34 is a pretty incredible piece of machinery, but for me I love the old skool looks of the original R31 Skyline.

My faveorites would no doubt have to be all the ones in my largecollection of skyline crash photos

Falc, just wondering what your opinion is of the limited edition Australian made Skyline Silhouette GTS?
    Here's some info for those that aren't aware of this car. The Skyline Sihouette GTS is a unique to Australia car based on the Australian made version of the Skyline R31 series. The Australian Skylines differed from the Japanese ones in have a Panhard Rod live axle rear assembly rather than the independent setup of the Japanese cars. Due to local content requirements Nissan Australia had to choose between the imported four speed automatic found in the 300ZX of the late 80s, or the imported independent rear suspension. Nissan chose to go for the locally made live rear axle and import the transmission. They essentially had no choice since Holden decided to import the transmission as well for its Skyline engined VL Commodores.
    The Skyline Silhouette GTS was built by Nissan Special Vehicles Division. This was a department set up by Paul Beranger with the idea of producing niche vehicles in order to increase Nissan's volume of locally manufacturered vehicles. This was due to the Government car industry plan of the time which carried heavy penalties if a local manufacturer failed to meet minimum volumes. Nissan's SVD was essentially Nissan's rival to HSV and an attempt to both increase volume and provide a "hero" car for the Nissan range.
    The Skyline Silhouette GTS1 was introduced in 1988. 200 were built, all of them painted white and using a 5-speed manual transmission. The 3.0 litre straight six normally aspirated engine from the standard car was used. The 3.0 litre turbo engine wasn't used for two reasons. First, Holden had an exclusive on the engine in Australia for the Commodore VL Turbo. Second, Nissan Japan demanded that if Nissan SVD wanted to use the engine they had to put in an intercooler. The Commodore didn't get the intercooler, and the economics didn't match up, so a modified version of the standard engine was used. However the normally aspirated engine received some modifications including a reworking of the camshaft and added extractors, stainless steel exhaust and an engine oil cooler. Power was increased from 114kW to 130kW. Torque increased from 247Nm to 255Nm. The suspension was modified, with the front struts from the R31 Group A race car being used, along with Bilstein inserts, firmer springs and a better anti roll bar. The rear received similar treatment. The car also got ventilated 274mm front discs and 215/55 VR16 tyres all round. The car was regarded as having the best ride/handling compromise of any Australian made car of the time. It was compared favourably by the motoring press to the Brock Commodore VL Group A and early HSV Commodores, despite being only a six clyinder.
    The Skyline Silhouette GTS2 was more of the same, but this time it was based on the facelifted Skyline R31 Series 11, with the better looking front end. Another 200 cars were built, this time all of them were red and half came with the four speed auto. Power was increase to 140kW and torque to 270kW. The car did 0-100km/h in 9.1 secs, 0-400m in 16.3 secs and had a top speed over 220km/h.
    This car was no muscle car, but as a sporting/luxury saloon with an exceptional ride/handling compromise it was highly rated. And they are comparatively cheap for such a rare car - you can get either a GTS1 or a GTS2 for under A$10,000 for a good one.
    I personally consider this rare beast to be the second best Skyline. The best for me was the R32 GTR.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    im not really a skyline fan, but if I had to pick, it'd be close between the R32 and R33, the R34 screams "|M @ 4|C34 F001!!" (i think im mentally ill or something, everybody else seems to love it...)
    I think you're ill too... "I'm at aicea fool"? What the hell does that mean?
    Probably the only UCP member without a car D:

my fav skyline is the nismo 400r fudimentaly a skyline but very cool and rare

Quote Originally Posted by Gabman
    I think you're ill too... "I'm at aicea fool"? What the hell does that mean?
    I think he meant that it screams " |M 4 r1C3r f00| " (I'm a ricer fool), then again I could be wrong I'm not up on chatroom leet talk.

I'm a sucker for the old school...
    the 1972-77 C110 GT-R
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

R33 is my favorite skyline
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

Skyline R34 GT-R
    Last edited by DarkPhenix; 04-30-2004 at 12:26 PM.
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

Thread Information