Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fiat Punto (199) 2005-

As much as I don't want to admit it, I rather like this thing. At least, I like the way it looks.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    I want a Fiat Grande Punto Sporting 1.9MultiJet (130bhp) in red with the bakc moonroof thingy. It's such a pretty car, I just hope I'll fit in it!
    A good friend of mine drives a red 3dr Grande Punto (1.4 16v IIRC), he's 1,99m and fits in very well. I'm 1,87m and can even sit quite comfortable in the back as long as there isn't a long person on the front passenger seat.

2008 Fiat Grande Punto

Fiat Grande Punto MY 2008 closer to the world of youth

On 14 and 15 June, a Fiat dealer network open door event will be held in Italy devoted to the Grande Punto Model Year 2008. The model has consistently played a leading role in all international markets (sales of over 850,000 since the launch, of which half outside Italy) and has now been revamped to offer customers significant new exterior features, a new range designed to appeal even more to the young, higher value due to the addition of major features as standard such as the sophisticated latest-generation ESP system with built in Hill Holder and, last but not least, new product packages based on the innovative Blue&MeTM entertainment and communications system. The Blue&MeTM Nav offers on-line services developed in partnership with Telecom Italia (SOS Emergency, Info Service and Drive Me and on-line Insurance Services) that may be activated with complete freedom by the customer. In particular, due to the satellite location system and agreements with most of the insurance companies, it will be possible to benefit from discounts on insurance of up to 50%.
    To make it easier for customers to choose their version, the Grande Punto 08 range is made up of two families: the first known as “ConfortLife”, includes the Dynamic and Emotion versions and is designed for customers who are seeking comfort, style and practicality. Those who seek a car with an out-and-out sporty temperament will be more attracted by the second family “SportLife” – that includes the versions Sport and the brand new Fun. Last but not least, the Active completes the new Grande Punto MY 2008 range. All specifications are available in 3 or 5 door configurations, apart from the Emotion that comes in a 5 door version more consistent with its mission of a car offering top motoring comfort.
    With the aim of confirming its leading role in this strategic market band, the Grande Punto MY 2008 will be playing the same card as on the previous model, which proved to be a winner: listening to customers and allowing the product to grow in accordance with their wishes. This is why today the new 2008 range – and the “SportLife” family in particular - is aimed more deliberately at a younger audience: people who wish, for example, to personalise their car with original stickers and different coloured door mirrors. Other features exclusive to the Fun and Sport versions include burnished headlights and two new alloy wheel trims: the first 16" in Chrome Shadow, the second 17" with a striking diamond pattern.
    Actions to support the launch of the Grande Punto MY 2008 include original web campaigns, agreements with street art exhibitions, viral marketing campaigns and a TV advertising spot with great iconic impact : to sum up, the new model sets out to claim its rightful place in the world of the young as a benchmark in terms of content and image. To sum up, as the advertising slogan has it: “ALWAYS IN THE LEAD. PUNTO”.
    Hide-Out please
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

All the new products offered by the Fiat Grande Punto MY 2008
    Outstanding amongst the many new products introduced by the 2008 is the new Fun version, the ideal answer for young, go-getting customers who are looking for a sporty, safe, accessible car with lots of creature comforts and equipped with scintillating engines that are respectful of the environment.
    Available with five power units- 65 bhp 1.2 , 77 bhp 1.4 , 120 bhp 1.4 Turbo T-Jet in addition to two 1.3 Multijet units offering 75 bhp and 90 bhp – the Grande Punto MY 2008 Fun offers painted door mirrors, a 16", spoiler, burnished headlights, fog lights and leather steering wheel. The FUN offers maximum active and passive projection with ESP as standard and a full set of airbags: front airbag, sidebag and window bag. The last, in particular, guarantees maximum safety also to rear seat passengers due to its specific configuration.
    The entire 2008 range offers new fabrics and materials that increase the impression of superior quality within the passenger compartment. On the Dynamic, Fun and Sport specifications, for example, the dashboard insert is designed to match the interior colours and stands out for its attractive carbon fibre effect. The instrument panel is also new and more opulent with chrome rings, with different features on the “ConfortLife” range with its black background and white graphics and the “SportLife” range with a great background and wide graphics. In the same way, the sporty versions offer a steering wheel trimmed with perforated leather with top stitching in addition to original seats with PVC electro-welded inserts that add great sportiness and freshness.
    On the outside, the Grande Punto MY 2008 is distinguished by the introduction of four new body colours (Idealist Blue, Vigorous Brown, Captivating Red and Confident Yellow) and new radiator grilles: the “ConfortLife” grilles increase the perception of elegance with a new brighter paint, extended also to the lower grille, while the “SportLife” grilles offer a more challenging image with a black lower grille.
    After the success of the stickers on the Fiat 500 model, the Grande Punto can also be personalised with numerous stickers of its own, priced from 150 euro to 170 euro. The product is available exclusively for the “SportLife” range and makes it possible to choose your favourite sticker to add a personal touch to your car on the basis of its body colour. Different interpretations of the concept of sportiness and dynamism are expressed in 3 versions: in more vintage spirit, with distinctive stripes of different widths (positioned lower down on the side panel); a lively design on the upper part of the side panel that ends with a motif somewhere between the layout of a mountain track and an art nouveau decoration - and lastly a classic tricolour band that starts on the bonnet and fades into an original chequered design. These three very appealing moods enhance the shape of the Grande Punto MY 08, making it unique.
    An option that younger customers will certainly enjoy, if the success of the Grande Punto Sticker Lab is anything to go by, is the digital workshop that has involved 8000 fans designing their own suggestions for personalising the outside of the car in just over one month. The 900 contributions received on the Grande Punto Stickers Lab site were so original and interesting that the Fiat Group Automobiles Style centre awarded prizes not only to the 3 best ideas – as the rules demanded – but also to the other finalists and gave Special Mentions to 8 others.
    pics #2

“ESP on board!”: safety come as standard
    In line with the strategy of recent months, all versions of the Fiat Grande Punto MY 2008 are fitted as standard with ESP (Electronic Stability Program) to ensure maximum control of the car’s dynamic behaviour. This important choice is much more than a marketing opportunity, coming instead under the heading of social commitment and responsible driving. Apart from anything else, Fiat Automobiles has always been first to come up with ambitious initiatives that aim to raise public awareness - and particularly the awareness of young people - of the strategic importance that safety, accident-prevention and road safety education must hold in any progressive society today.
    With the aim of supporting the knowledge of state-of-the-art safety devices and providing incentives for their adoption as a measure for preventing or reducing accidents, the Fiat Grande Punto MY 2008 supports the slogan “ESP on board!” as part of the campaign “Choose ESC!” launched by the European E-safety aware! Platform, an initiative sponsored by the European Commission.
    In detail, the sophisticated ESP on the Grande Punto MY 2008 cuts in under extreme conditions when car stability is at risk and also helps the driver to control the car. To achieve this result, the ESP continually monitors tyre grip in both longitudinal and lateral directions. If the car skids, it cuts in to restore directionality and ride stability. It uses sensors to detect rotation of the car about its vertical axis (yaw speed), car lateral acceleration and the steering wheel angle set by the driver (which indicates the chosen direction). It then goes on to compare these data with parameters generated by a computer and establishes – via a complex mathematical model – whether the car is cornering within its grip limits or if the front or rear is about to skid (understeer or oversteer). To restore the correct trajectory, it then generates a yawing movement in the opposite direction to the movement that gave rise to the instability by braking the appropriate wheel (interior or exterior) individually and reducing engine power (via the throttle). And herein lies the specific aspect of the device produced for the Fiat Grande Punto MY 2008. It acts in a modulated fashion on the brakes to ensure the action is as smooth as possible (and the drive is not therefore disturbed). The engine power reduction is contained to ensure outstanding performance and great driving satisfaction at all times. The ESP is permanently engaged.
    One specific feature of the ESP fitted to the Fiat Grande Punto MY 2008 is the incorporation of a Hill Holder system that assist the driver on hill starts. It operates when the ESP control unit perceives a change in vehicle gradient by means of a longitudinal acceleration sensor. During hill starts, the control unit is ready to intervene when first gear is engaged and both brake and clutch pedals are pressed. Front calliper pressure is thus maintained for about 1.5 seconds after the brake pedal is released so that the driver can set off with ease. The Hill Holder function does not operate when setting off downhill with the first speed engaged. The system performs in the same way with reverse engaged: during downhill starts, the system is active but deactivated during hill starts. Lastly, a HBA hydraulic braking assistant automatically increases brake circuit pressure during emergency braking.
    The ESP System on the Fiat Grande Punto MY 2008 also includes an ASR (Anti Slip Regulation) system that optimises traction at any speed with the aid of the brakes and engine control. The device computes degree of slip on the basis of wheel rpm calculated by the ABS sensors and activates two different control systems to restore grip. When an excessive power demand causes both drive wheels to slip (e.g. in the case of aquaplaning or when accelerating over an unsurfaced, snowy or icy road), it reduces engine torque by reducing the throttle opening angle and thus air flow. If only one wheel slips (e.g. the inside wheel following acceleration or dynamic load changes), this is automatically braked without the driver touching the brake pedal. The resulting effect is similar to that of a self-locking differential. This allows the Grande Punto MY 2008 to get out of trouble easily on road surfaces with low grip.
    The ASR is activated automatically whenever the engine is started but must be turned off by means of a switch on the central dashboard. The ASR need be turned off only when snow chains are used because the wheel must be able to slip by tiny amounts to pile up the snow so that force can be transmitted to the ground and the ASR tend to prevent this occurring.
    Last but not least, the MSR (Motor Schleppmoment Regelung) system, an integral part of the ASR, cuts in during sudden gear changes, while shifting down, to restore torque to the engine and thus prevent excessive driving of the drive wheels that could lead to a loss of vehicle stability, particularly under conditions of low grip.
    pics #3

“Blue&MeTM”: The best for entertainment and satellite navigation
    The Grande Punto MY 2008 is a vector of new technology in terms of the electronic systems it employs to ensure on-board comfort and wellbeing. The best example of this is the Blue&MeTM”, an innovative created as a result of a joint venture between Fiat Group Automobiles and Microsoft that changes the paradigms of in-car communication, information and entertainment to improve comfort and the quality of time spent on board.
    More specifically, customers can purchase specific packs, according to the version, to gain access to all the potentials of “Blue&MeTM”: for example, the Dynamic and Fun specifications offer, as an option, the “Blue&Sound” pack – that includes the Blue&Me and system and radio with CD player – while Sport versions can be fitted with the “SportNav” pack made up of Blue&Me Nav, radio with MP3 and subwoofer. Customers who buy a Grande Punto MY 2008 Emotion, on the other hand, can enhance it with the “ConfortNav” pack that offers the Blue&Me Nav, radio with MP3 and parking sensors. It should be emphasized that the ‘Blue&MeTM Nav’pictogram navigation system allows access to a set of simple, useful on-line systems at the best price on the market.
    The Blue&MeTM is also based on a system that is always able to keep pace with the times, with updatable, flexible and modular features. Fiat Group Automobiles and Microsoft, with the support of Magneti Marelli, also offer a platform that can be adapted to most mobile phones, music players or other personal services to replace the current costly and rigid hardware with the great benefit of being able to constantly keep pace with market innovations and maintain perfect integration with the car. All at a very accessible price. The Blue&MeTM system also ensures the greatest safety and ease of use. Because the voice control system is fully integration with keys on the steering wheel and information on the instrument panel display, customers equipped with a Bluetooth® mobile phone can use it even if it is in a jacket pocket or handbag without ever taking their hands off the steering wheel. Not to mention the fact that ‘advanced voice recognition, allows immediate interactivity -no voice learning stage is required - and also allows incoming texts to be read out. By connecting the digital device to the USB port, it is possible to listen to hours and hours of digital music in MP3, WMA and WAV format recorded on mobile phones, MP3 players and USB pen drives.
    Grande Punto MY 2008 customers can also choose to equip their car with Blue&MeTM Nav, and that includes a navigation kit consisting of a USB drive containing the stored maps and a backup CD that may be used to transfer the maps to personal MP3 players. In detail, the Nav key has a direct connection to the navigation menu, that may also be accessed by means of steering wheel controls and voice commands. When the USB key is inserted, navigation may be started. The destination may be entered by selecting the initial letters of the address using the steering wheel controls, which may be completed using voice commands.
    Like the other information, navigation details are also available on the vehicle control panel: Address of the destination, pictograms of the direction to be followed, arrival information, points of interest together with conventional voice instructions providing information on the next turn-off through the car speakers. Unlike normal devices (that do not allow you to navigate and listen to music CDs at the same time unless a CD changer is fitted), with Blue&MeTM Nav it is possible to navigate and listen to music on your media player with the greatest ease while still remaining connected to your mobile phone. By using the navigation program on a Personal Computer with the aid of the back up CD it is possible to save maps for several countries purchased after sale on a USB drive. In this case it is possible to select an entire country (for example Italy, France, Germany, etc.) or a predefined part (for example northern/central/southern Italy) or even a region that incorporate several maps belonging to different countries (for example Northern Italy and Switzerland, Austria and Southern Germany).

New services available with Blue&MeTM NAV
    The Grande Punto MY ‘08 offers on-line services developed in partnership with Telecom Italia and available on the Blue&MeTM Nav system (SOS Emergency, Info Service and Drive Me and on-line Insurance Services) that may be activated with complete freedom by the customer.
    “SOS Emergency”: The SOS emergency service, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, is activated by pressing the SOS button: in this case, a call and a text message containing the car’s position are forwarded to the operating centre. Whatever country customers are driving through, the call centre operators are able to put them at their ease by answering them in the same language.
    The service also activates automatically if an airbag is set off. The vehicle will quickly be located and roadside and medical assistance will be available. The SOS may also be used in the event of illness or danger. These services will be free of charge during the car warranty period (after this they will be available by paying an annual subscription).
    “Info Service e Drive Me”: Information at the service of the motorist. Wherever you go, it will always be easy to obtain assistance and up to date information on events, traffic conditions, restaurants, cinemas, night spots and much more in no fewer than five European countries: Italy, France, Great Britain, Germany and Spain.
    All you have to do is press the INFO button to speak to a dedicated operator who will answer all your questions or, if you prefer, send the coordinates of the chosen destination to the navigation system (at this point, the device will automatically compute the route.
    The INFO services will be ‘pay per use’ (the cost will be based on seconds of conversation with the service centre) and, an important feature of this system, no annual subscription be required: The cost is 2.4 Euro cents per second (1.44 euro/ min), plus 30 cents for each call answered’.
    On-line Insurance Services: due to the satellite location system and agreements with most of the insurance companies, it will be possible to benefit from discounts on civil liability insurance (up to 20%) and also fire and theft insurance (up to 50%). If your car is stolen you will be up to trace it by tracking. It will also be possible to establish how many kilometres will be covered by the car and, on the basis of this figure, take out ad hoc insurance policies that are more advantageous because they are based on the customer's true habits and requirements.
    A Car Manager will also be available shortly. The Blue& Me nav helps with car servicing by informing the driver of scheduled service deadlines and the operations required. The driver can then book in the car at the most convenient authorised workshop by means of a dedicated operating centre.
    pics #4

Web, art and advertising: Grande Punto MY 2008 ‘speaks’ to the young
    Fiat has always been a byword for fun and innovation and approaches the world of the young by offering them good-looking, high-performing and safe cars while also exploring new areas of communication on the Internet, in art and in advertising. The Grande Punto MY 2008 is certainly no exception. For example, the model is one of the most frequently discussed cars among the on-line community, which particularly appreciates its capacity for personalization. This is also the background for the brand new site duePUNTOzero that is shortly to house a new project whose watchwords will be involvement, cooperation and dialogue, between fans, Fiat communities and experts and people from marketing, product development, Engineering & Design and Safety. Every one from inside or outside Fiat who shares the same passion for the Grande Punto MY 2008.
    But the project is a new step forward in the Open Company approach taken by Fiat with the 500 (“500 wants you” platform) and Bravo (“quelli che Bravo” blog).
    The product managers have always been sensitive to input received from the community of fans. One example is the success scored by the “Grande Punto Day” event staged on 11 November 2007 at Balocco by Fiat together with the two biggest on-line clubs.
    The platform was christened duePUNTOzero in homage to its social networking style. More specifically, the platform is made up of a social network where the main players are users, fans or owners, and an official blog where Fiat experts have their say. The site is extremely easy to use due to the application of tools that are already present on the Internet for the management of videos (YouTube) and photos (Flickr), RSS Feed for updates, ShareThis for circulation. With a view to the greatest possible cooperation and dialogue, all pages on the side, including the product pages written by the Fiat experts can also be commented on and may be voted on by users for the clarity and usefulness of their content. Registered users can also write articles or upload videos and images.
    In addition to this innovative website, another campaign has been introduced that explores an area of communication never before embarked on by an automotive manufacturer: Sponsorship of “Scala Mercalli - Il terremoto creativo della Street Art Italiana”, the greatest exhibition of its kind to be staged in Italy on the phenomenon of street art and scheduled to take place from 20 May to 31 July 2008, at the Parco della Musica auditorium in Rome. This project, unique of its kind, will see the participation of more than 50 artists, hundreds of works, dozens of giant paintings, sculptures of considerable scene-stealing impact and many designs created for the occasion. Amongst these, on 20 May – during the opening of the Garage Auditorium – the artist TvBoy painted a Grande Punto MY 08 live on air that will later be sold when the exhibition is over with the proceeds going to charity .
    Lastly, to support the launch of the new car, a TV advertising spot has been produced that highlights the model's ability to stay one step ahead of the rest of its segment. In detail, the Grande Punto MY 2008 streaks over a strip of black asphalt in a thrilling contest, to the accompaniment of the music “Berta Filava” by Rino Gaetano. After a pair of straight runs, where the car shows of all the assertiveness and power of its styling, the car brakes suddenly and takes up a position lying across the road. The music stops, the film is caught in a moment of suspense, when the camera enters the car to close in on the dashboard, the new interior and two young people who are representative of the target audience.
    The camera then pans on to the passenger, who turns and watches with apparent amusement as an infinite army of lights appears on the horizon. More than one hundred pairs of headlights belonging to an army of cars begin to career headlong towards the Grande Punto MY 2008: this is the climactic moment of the film. After a moment of suspense, the driver suddenly engages gear and the car sets off with a squeal of tyres. The screen goes black and a message appears: “it’s nice to be pursued”. The flight of the Grande Punto MY 2008 continues with a shift of scene that opens onto the final claim: “Always ahead. Punto”. The message fades out and the scene ends with the Fiat logo.

Turin 9 June 2008
    pics #5

Why not post them here?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

because it's the new MY (I'm aware the differences are very little), and I use to differentiate every MY of a car in my PC with different folders as if they were different cars, since I can not alway know how many differences have been introduced, and since I like to do in this way, so I did it here too.
    In this way if you are going to download the pics even without reading the press release or the title, or simply because you will sort them later, you would know they are of another version of the car since you download them from different places. even if I know this isn't so different from th car from let's say a mounth ago. that's all.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 06-11-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Great pics, tnx

I'm gonna miss looking out of the windows in Geography and looking down onto the orange with black stripes GP 1.4i Sporting... Gorgeous car.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Fiat Punto Evo

Fiat Punto Evo

The Fiat Punto Evo, the evolution of the Fiat Grande Punto, will make its debut at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show. It is destined to repeat the success of its predecessor and become the new pacesetter for innovation, safety and style, thanks to its many innovative features.

The epithet "Evo" identifies a level of car design that is capable of satisfying even the most demanding customers in terms of technology, driving pleasure and respect for the environment.

The Fiat Punto Evo expresses its technical excellence first and foremost through a wide choice of Euro 5 engines, including a 1.3 second generation Multijet diesel and a 1.4 petrol engine with the revolutionary MultiAir technology developed by Fiat Powertrain Technologies and eventually to be incorporated in all Fiat Group engines. Fiat's innovative and conventional powerplants are also joined by dual-fuel methane and petrol units to create the most complete and ecological range of engines in the segment. With reduced consumption and emissions in mind, the new Fiat Punto Evo also offers Start&Stop, the system that switches off and restarts the engine in stop-and-go traffic. Start&Stop is being introduced as standard on all Euro5 petrol and diesel engines. Another system making its first appearance on the Fiat Punto Evo is "Blue&Me-TomTom", the new portable satellite navigation unit that lets you manage telephone, navigation and information functions on a practical colour touch-screen.

In the area of safety, the Fiat Punto Evo sets new standards thanks to 7 airbags, including a driver knee airbag. The Fiat Punto Evo is one of very few cars in its segment with a driver knee airbag fitted as standard on all versions. Other innovative safety systems are also available, including Hill-Holder to help with hill starts, adaptive 'cornering' front fog lights that switch on automatically with dipped headlights according to the angle of steering, and Fiat's tried and tested ABS, EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution) and ESP (Electronic Stability Program) systems.

Finally, the new Punto Evo is even more attractive thanks to the work of Fiat's Centro Stile. The interiors (fascia, seats and instrumentation) have been completely renewed to become even more prestigious and elegant, and the outside has been given a thoroughly restyled look too.

The Fiat Punto Evo goes on sale in the second half of October with the precise objective of consolidating its role as one of Europe's market leaders in the highly important compact segment.

Technical innovation

The Fiat Punto Evo expresses its technical excellence first and foremost through a wide choice of engines Euro 5, including petrol units equipped with the revolutionary MultiAir system and second generation Multijet diesels.

Developed and patented by FPT - Fiat Powertrain Technologies - MultiAir technology will gradually be adopted by all engines fitted to Fiat Group cars. The heart of MultiAir is a new electrohydraulic valve management system that reduces fuel consumption by controlling air directly via the inlet valves (without using the throttle). MultiAir reduces emissions (thanks to improved combustion control) and also improves performance by boosting both power and torque.

Similar results have been achieved in diesel versions thanks to the adoption of second generation Multijet units across the range. These engines incorporate new common rail injectors that, thanks to a balanced hydraulic servo-valve, control the quantity of fuel injected into the combustion chamber with improved precision, and in a faster and more flexible sequence than in the past.

The choice of engines available for the Fiat Punto Evo is the most complete and ecological in this market segment, and even includes two alternative fuel engines, a methane and an LPG unit.

The new Fiat Punto Evo is even equipped with the latest version of the Blue&Me system. "Blue&Me-TomTom" is a fully integrated infotainment system that lets you manage telephone, navigation and information functions on a practical colour touch-screen. The system is the result of a partnership between Fiat Group Automobiles and TomTom, European leader in portable navigation systems, and integrates with the car's other systems thanks to the Blue&Me system developed in conjunction with Magneti Marelli. The new system also incorporates "ecorive Info" for real time information on your driving style and useful suggestions for reducing environmental impact and optimising consumption by changing gear and using the accelerator to suit the nature of the route.

Respect for the environment

At Fiat, innovation means greater respect for the environment too. In fact, the environment is one of the main issues driving product development, and ensures that the Fiat range is the greenest in Europe. The Fiat Punto Evo is no exception to this rule.

The new MultiAir engines prove the point. Compared to a conventional petrol engine of the same size, a MultiAir engine develops more power (up to 10%) and torque (up to 15%), while consuming significantly less (up to 10%) and emitting less CO2 (up to 10%), less particulates (up to 40%) and less NOx (up to 60%).

In the same way the second generation of Multijet diesel engines also offers more accurate combustion, with benefits for consumption, emissions, NVH and drivability. This has been achieved through a new common rail injector that modulates fuel injection into the combustion chamber and gives, for the Euro 5 engines, an improvement of around 2% in consumption and CO2 emissions on the homologation cycle, and a reduction in NOx emissions of up to 30%.

Still with reduced consumption and emissions in mind, the new Fiat Punto Evo will also offer Start&Stop, the system that switches off the engine when you stop and restarts it for you to move off again (at traffic lights for example). Start&Stop will be standard on all Euro5 petrol and diesel engines.

The methane-fuelled engine is not only the most ecological dual fuel engine in segment B, producing only 115 g/km of CO2, but is also the most economical thanks to record running costs of under 4 Euros per 100 km. Among other advantages, methane-fuelled engines benefit from the highest government incentives in Italy: 5,000 Euros if combined with a contribution for scrapping your old car.

Then there is the LPG-fuelled version, developed using Fiat's longstanding experience in alternative fuels to respond to the extraordinary growth seen in this market. The Fiat Punto Evo GPL boasts record autonomy of 1,500 km in the extra-urban cycle, and running costs up to 50% lower than a petrol equivalent.

Safety

The Fiat Punto Evo is designed and built to achieve the highest levels of safety. The model boasts a large number of safety systems (standard or optional depending on market and version) starting from those dedicated to passive safety: 2 front airbags, 2 front side airbags, 2 window bags and a driver knee airbag (the Fiat Punto Evo is one of the few cars in this segment on which this device is standard on all versions).

The Fiat Punto Evo is also one of the few cars in its class equipped with adaptive 'cornering' front fog lights that switch on automatically with dipped headlights according to the angle of steering. And don't forget that the new Fiat Punto Evo also guarantees constant and reliable road holding thanks to electronic dynamic control systems for braking and steering. The ABS system that is available across the complete engine range incorporates EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution), ESP (Electronic Stability Program) and Hill-holder to help with hill-starts.

Style and comfort

The Fiat Punto Evo is more stunning than ever thanks to the work of Fiat's Centro Stile. In particular, the interiors of the new model have been completely redesigned to represent the most evolved expression of Italian style, with top quality materials and superb attention to detail. The result is a bright and elegant cabin with completely renewed fascia, seats, storage compartments and instrumentation.

On the outside, both the front and the rear have been thoroughly restyled, as shown by the attractive lines of the new bumpers and the incorporation of innovative and original headlights and taillights. The latest design has also "stretched" the car to a total length of 406 centimetres, so that its winning characteristics of driver and passenger comfort remain unchanged. The other external dimensions remain the same, with a width of 169 cm, a height of 149 cm and a wheelbase of 251 cm.

Way to ruin a perfectly good looking car...
    Visca Catalunya!

What are you talking about? it's fine.

Less beaky than the old Grande Punto.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    What are you talking about? it's fine.

Less beaky than the old Grande Punto.
    The old Grande Punto was much better than this, much cleaner and neater.

This looks fussy and overdone, especially in the front. The back is very similar to the old car.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information