Thread: BMW E30 Special

BMW E30 Special

I was driving the BMW to the shops today, it's an '85 323I 4-door, and some random guy approached me and offered to sell me the remains of his JPM Special that had been rear-ended. Long story short, I've never heard of this car and I wondered if anyone had any info on it, I can't seem to find any. Basically we'd get it for the engine, as ours is tired and his has been recently rebuilt. If the suspension survived ok I might consider putting that on there too. If anyone has any info, oi'd be gurtly appreciative, oi wud.

never heard of it

80s ? Dont' you mean JPS Special ?? ( John Player Special from the days when they sponsored Beemers )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    80s ? Dont' you mean JPS Special ?? ( John Player Special from the days when they sponsored Beemers )
    I'm gonna presume I do mean JPS. Thanks for that.

Though I still can't any info on it off google... now I'm tired and I'm going to sleep.

AltaVista popped this up first try

and second find was
    "I own a BMW 325 i Grp A touring car .My car was built in Australia by JPS team BMW using Linder parts .The car won the better brakes Amscar series at Amaroo park Sydney in 1986 driven by Tony Longhurst. It also finished 4th 1986 Aust touring car champs. the car then came to New Zealand where it was driven by Denny Hulme,Tony Longhurst,Paul Radisch and others it has since been restored to its JPS black colour scheme I am wanting to know if there is a Grp A association or web site that covers this era of touring car racing. I am also looking for team Linder web site i think they run Honda 2Litre tourers now..
    Regards
    Gerry Hodges
    New Zealand"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

If it's a good engine, you should go for it. Be prepared for a bit of a job putting it in.

In reality the road going version is nothing spectacular, but this is one awesome looking M3 race car

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread...9&page=1&pp=15

That pic is of an M3, not a 325. Unless they put the 325 engine in an M3 chassis. And as per BMW CCA rules, "beemers" refers to bikes, "bimmers" is for cars. Cheers.
    '05 Pilot
    '04 xA
    '00 S2000
    '95 525iT
    '90 M3

Thread Information