Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue F50 from Tx.

Blue F50 from Tx.

Well well well....
    Over a year ago, I had the pleasure of seeing one of the rarest cars of all time. Supposedly the only blue F50 in the world.
    These are the only other 2 pics of this rare car.
    So, I'd like to know...Is there anymore info or pics of this car?! Its gorgeous in person and was sold from my home town Ferrari dealer.
    Any info? Maybe pictures from that Sports Car Photo Forum? (SCF?)

As soon as I get home, I'll try and upload my own personal pics for you guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've seen a couple other pics of it on the web....the color is called Azzurro California.

Here it is in a sale advert.

Dupont Registry

hmm i could probably go and take pics of it, plano is probably less than an hour from where i live.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Here it is in a sale advert.

Dupont Registry
    Ah yes, that's her. Right there at the opening of Ferrari of Dallas.

TheOne, I think its a bit late to get pics of it.

The car is no longer in Texas, and was sold to Nicholas Cage. At some point, it was repainted red and is no longer Azzuro California.

I have some more pics that I will try to dig up, and I can even point you to a thread on FerrariChat with photos of the car in it's current form. Nicholas Cage has it up for sale again - or it may have been sold by now as it's been a few months.

>8^)
    ER

It was painted red?!?!
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25
    The car is no longer in Texas, and was sold to Nicholas Cage. At some point, it was repainted red and is no longer Azzuro California.

I have some more pics that I will try to dig up, and I can even point you to a thread on FerrariChat with photos of the car in it's current form. Nicholas Cage has it up for sale again - or it may have been sold by now as it's been a few months.

>8^)
    ER
    That SOB!!!!
    It was previously red, then changed to a gorgeous color and is now red again!?
    At least I got to see her in her blue glory...

Here's the Ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4557638030

...and the thread on FerrariChat.com where this was discussed:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...t=63857&page=1

Additional pictures below.

>8^)
    ER
    Attached Images Attached Images

my god thats so ugly i could heave!

Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25
    Here's the Ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4557638030

...and the thread on FerrariChat.com where this was discussed:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...t=63857&page=1

Additional pictures below.

>8^)
    ER
    There's no way. It doesn't state it was owned by Cage or that it was previously azzuro california.
    You sure its just not an old red F50?

its not THAT nice, c'mon guys. Its different, i can imagine 1000 other colors that would make this car's curves come alive.

think something like TVR colors.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    There's no way. It doesn't state it was owned by Cage or that it was previously azzuro california.
    You sure its just not an old red F50?
    If NNO on FerrariChat says that the F50 being sold in that Ebay ad is the one that was formerly Azzuro California, then it was. The ad does clearly show the chassis number of this car, and I'm certain the chassis number of the Azzurro F50 was also well known at the time. It's not hard to keep track of these things - I do the same thing with F1s as you surely know. There just happen to be more Ferraris to keep track of, but the FerrariChat community as a whole does an excellent job of doing just that.

The FerrariChat thread holds all the other details, and that is not a forum full of kids who make guesses. That's a very knowledgeable community - made up predominantly of Fcar owners and those who make their living buying and selling Ferraris.

Read OnRamps post from the thread:

As for the F50, I remember it as well. It was sold to the current owner by Giuseppe when I was still at FoD. I'm not really surprised it's being sold. The current owner has a serious car thing, and obviously has the money to indulge himself.

The paint was done by FoH both times. First for the original owner, for whom the F Factory wouldn't paint it. It was taken back to the original Rosso to improve sell-ability. The paint on the car is almost 'too' nice. The carbon weave isn't as visible as it was from the factory. But boy, does it look good!
    ...and the one from bboxer:

I read this whole thread twice and was very surprised no one (especially socal chatters) did not recognize Dan who is selling this F50. He's the guy who has sold many exotics owned by Nicholas Cage. I missed buying a car from him earlier this year. He has since sold quite a few F cars including a very nice 575 6sp, a 360sp, a Gallardo, a DBR1 and I think the CGT.
    I am almost sure he deals exclusively with Cage's cars. He seems to be above board and the cars are all low mileage and in good condition/maintenance. I know nothing about this F50 but I think I did see it in photos of Cage's garage in Studio City.
    In the conversation that follows that post, bboxer said he couldn't confirm the car was Cage's, but enzoluv confirms that the house the photos were taken in front of is Cage's home. Then OnRamp comes back to confirm that the car was sold to Cage.

Are you sure you read the thread over there, or were you just doubtful of the commentary? There's certainly no requirement for the Ebay ad to include any of those details. Maybe Mr Cage doesn't care about making a few extra dollars off cars that were "owned by Nicholas Cage" and therefore they aren't advertised that way. Maybe they are simply trying to be discreet and the real info will come out once a transaction is in process.

Anyway, I have the utmost confidence in the statements I made based on the info found in that thread.

>8^)
    ER

Ok ok, I see.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Still sad to see that color go. At least I saw it.

now why in the world would you buy a signature, $650 000 Ferrari in blue?
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information