Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat it Corvette Fans

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    You really think they will be close in performance? Why not ignore the fact they have the same power and the Z06 weighs a lot less.
    I do believe that the new Z06 will rip apart the SRT-10 on a track and win by a small difference on a straight... But the accel is pretty much the same, a driver could define the outcome of the race for the SRT-10 (straight line). BTW, not that it matters much (still cannot be excluded), the SRT has 40lbs of torque more than the C6 Z06.

I would take an SRT-10 for everyday driving. Like early93 said, uniqueness and looks would pretty much do it for me.

For track usage I'd definitely go with the C6 Z06.... as I previously said, Dodge needs to improve the Viper's handling, specially after knowing that even a regular C6 will get as good lap times.

255mph on a convertible? thats insane.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Sometimes reading to many magazines turns are brains to mush. Let me tell you a true life story.

When the regular C6 came out I went to the Olathe, KS Chevy dealership to take a look at it. I pulled up to see a bright orange c6 (I was impressed...Good looking car). I decided the best comparison would be if I parked my Viper right next to the C6.LOL Then the it happened. Customers, sales men & women, and mechanics swarm over to my 12 year old car passing up a brand new C6 in a bright orange color. I couldn't stop answering questions about my car from Mob of people. I tried to talk to a sales man about the C6 and got cut off by questions concerning my Viper. Finally after the mob subsided I started talking to a sales man (who obviously wanted to sell me the car) about the C6. In which another sales man interrupted are conversation and said..... "I would keep the Viper" LOL . That’s right a CHEVY sales man said he would keep the 12 year old Viper over a brand new Vet.

No doubt the C6 Z06 is going to be a great car but it just isn't as exciting as a Viper.

And with the weight (c6) vs torque (SRT-10) it will be a close race. Wining will probably be dependent on the driver. Especially on a road course where both cars will shine.

The fact remains for under 90k it is hard to find a car faster on a road course or in a straight line than the SRT-10. It is an increadible car.
    Last edited by early93viper; 08-13-2005 at 09:24 AM.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

the vipers the more exotic car- more torque, v10, and of course its from Dodge, which means something to anyone who remembers the muscle car era, but the vette will do better in racing, costs less, and drives better in everyday conditions.

I'd rather have a viper, but its close between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    Sometimes reading to many magazines turns are brains to mush. Let me tell you a true life story.

When the regular C6 came out I went to the Olathe, KS Chevy dealership to take a look at it. I pulled up to see a bright orange c6 (I was impressed...Good looking car). I decided the best comparison would be if I parked my Viper right next to the C6.LOL Then the it happened. Customers, sales men & women, and mechanics swarm over to my 12 year old car passing up a brand new C6 in a bright orange color. I couldn't stop answering questions about my car from Mob of people. I tried to talk to a sales man about the C6 and got cut off by questions concerning my Viper. Finally after the mob subsided I started talking to a sales man (who obviously wanted to sell me the car) about the C6. In which another sales man interrupted are conversation and said..... "I would keep the Viper" LOL . That’s right a CHEVY sales man said he would keep the 12 year old Viper over a brand new Vet.

No doubt the C6 Z06 is going to be a great car but it just isn't as exciting as a Viper.

And with the weight (c6) vs torque (SRT-10) it will be a close race. Wining will probably be dependent on the driver. Especially on a road course where both cars will shine.

The fact remains for under 90k it is hard to find a car faster on a road course or in a straight line than the SRT-10. It is an increadible car.
    Well, looks like the Vette is one of those rare cars, eh? Besides, you're talkign stock C6, which I would still prefer over the ugly Viper, no offense. The Z06 will stomp the venom out of your Viper. Take that to the bank. Just a few mods on that 7.0L V8... OOOHH BABY!

Very very few salesmen are car guys and if you think im kidding take into consideration ive sold cars for Chevy and worked for Mercedes. Chances are he felt like you werent going to buy so it was better to get rid of you so he can go make money off other people. So you saying a Chevy salesman told me to keep my viper means nothing because all he cares about is wether or not he can get your money.

You really think 40 pounds of torque will make a big difference when a Z06 weighs 278 pounds less? The cars will shine on a road course? Well i highly doubt the Viper is going to come close to touching the Z06 there. The Z06 is afterall one of the fastest production cars ever on the Ring. The Viper roadster was only capable of matching the M5

Its not that hard to find a car faster than a viper on a road course, Z06, 911 Carrera S (997) are both faster
    Last edited by CSL; 08-13-2005 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    the vipers the more exotic car- more torque, v10, and of course its from Dodge, which means something to anyone who remembers the muscle car era, but the vette will do better in racing, costs less, and drives better in everyday conditions.

I'd rather have a viper, but its close between the two.
    Like Chevy wasant in the muscle car era? 70 Chevelle 454? Camaro? El Camino?, Nova? ect ect ect

Like Chevy wasant in the muscle car era? 70 Chevelle 454? Camaro? El Camino?, Nova? ect ect ect
    No no I didn't mean that, and I actually like chevy's styling better than Dodge in most cases, they were certainly competitive, but Mopar was clearly dominant and the hemi was the best engine at the time. They didn't win all the time, but everyone on the track and at the street respected mopar power.

Very very few salesmen are car guys and if you think im kidding take into consideration ive sold cars for Chevy and worked for Mercedes. Chances are he felt like you werent going to buy so it was better to get rid of you so he can go make money off other people. So you saying a Chevy salesman told me to keep my viper means nothing because all he cares about is wether or not he can get your money.

You really think 40 pounds of torque will make a big difference when a Z06 weighs 278 pounds less? The cars will shine on a road course? Well i highly doubt the Viper is going to come close to touching the Z06 there. The Z06 is afterall one of the fastest production cars ever on the Ring. The Viper roadster was only capable of matching the M5

Its not that hard to find a car faster than a viper on a road course, Z06, 911 Carrera S (997) are both faster
    LOL

Well I know you guys like to magazine race so here you go:

These are lap times from Nurburgring. The times are from the German car magazine Sport Auto.

The laps where all done by the SAME driver on a dry track. With a Europeon Viper that has less HP than a USA Viper

Car Time Comment
    Porsche 996 GT2 7 min 46 sec
    Porsche 996 Turbo 7 min 56 sec
    Lotec Porsche 993 Turbo 7 min 57 sec 600 HP, racing suspension
    Porsche 996 GT3 8 min 9 sec
    Ferrari 550 8 min 7 sec
    Lamborghini Diablo SV 8 min 9 sec
    Ferrari 360 Modena 8 min 9 sec
    Chrysler Viper GTS 8 min 10 sec +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Porsche 993 Turbo 8 min 12 sec 430 HP version
    BMW Z8 8 min 15 sec 400 HP
    Porsche 996 C2 8 min 17 sec
    Ferrari F355 8 min 18 sec
    BMW M Coupe 8 min 22 sec 321 HP
    Audi RS4 8 min 25 sec 375 HP
    Porsche 993 C2 8 min 28 sec
    BMW M5 8 min 28 sec 400 HP
    Porsche Boxster S 8 min 32 sec
    BMW M3 Coupe 8 min 35 sec 321 HP
    Honda NSX 8 min 38 sec
    Honds S 2000 8 min 39 sec
    Chevrolet Corvette 8 min 40 sec
    Audi S4 8 min 42 sec 265 HP
    Lotus Exige 8 min 42 sec
    Jaguar XKR Coupe 8 min 49 sec
    Mercedes CLK 430 8 min 52 sec

TOP GEAR magazine track times put the Viper at 128.5 IN THE WET (I don't have to tell you Vipers don't handle very well in the wet with as much TQ as they have.) with the same driver (the stig).
    * Mercedes-Mclaren SLR - 1.20.9
    * Ferrari 360 CS - 1.22.3
    * Porsche 911 GT3 RS - 1.22.3
    * Lamborghini Murcielago - 1.23.7
    * Pagani Zonda - 1.23.8
    * Koenigsegg - 1.23.9
    * Noble M12 GTO-3 - 1.25.0
    * Lamborghini Gallardo - 1.25.8
    * Lotus Exige - 1.26.4
    * Porsche 911 GT3 - 1.27.2
    * TVR T350c - 1.27.5
    * BMW M3 CSL - 1.28.0
    * SRT-10 Viper-128.5+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
    * MG SV - 1.28.6
    * Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII - 1.28.9
    * Alpina Roadster (Z8) - 1.29.0
    * Subaru Impreza STi - 1.30.1
    * Aston Martin DB7 GT - 1.30.4
    * Audi S4 - 1.30.9
    * Porsche 911 Turbo - 1.31.0
    * Vauxhall VX220 Turbo - 1.31.3
    * Honda NSX Type R - 1.31.6
    * BMW M3 - 1.31.8
    * Nissan 350Z - 1.31.8
    * Mazda RX-8 - 1.31.8
    * Ford Focus RS - 1.32.2
    * Lotus Esprit V8 - 1.32.5
    * Audi TT V6 - 1.32.7
    * Noble M12 - 1.33.1
    * Mercedes SL55 AMG - 1.33.2
    * VW Golf R32 - 1.33.2
    * Volvo S60R - 1.35.0
    * Ferrari 575 - 1.35.2
    * Alfa Romeo 147 GTA - 1.35.6
    * Lotus Elise - 1.35.6
    * Aston Martin Vanquish - 1.36.2
    * Renault Clio V6 - 1.36.2
    * Honda Civic Type R - 1.36.5
    * Saab 9-5 HOT Aero - 1.37.9
    * Maserati Coupe - 1.38.0
    * Bowler Wildcat - 1.39.4
    * Bentley Arnarge - 1.40.8
    * Range Rover overfinch - 1.44.0
    Last edited by early93viper; 08-13-2005 at 03:54 PM.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)

Here is an article from R&T comparing the Elise to the Viper in handling:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=5

Here is a Video of a 96 Viper and some Ferrari Compitition. Please don't post this anywhere else.

http://www.nickdiaz.com/transfer/don...5_Narrated.wmv
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)

last time i checked the Viper GTS is not the SRT10

the same guy lapped the SRT10 at 8.13, just 2 seconds faster than the C6 corvette

The Regular C6 is also faster than the SRT-10 at hockenhiem
    Viper 1.14.9
    Corvette 1.14.8

Better update the list early.
    The Carrera GT beat the SLR on Top Gear.

Off-topic, but you know.

Here is an article from R&T comparing the Elise to the Viper in handling:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=5

Here is a Video of a 96 Viper and some Ferrari Compitition. Please don't post this anywhere else.

http://www.nickdiaz.com/transfer/don...5_Narrated.wmv
    About the video....NO offence man, but the Ferraris weren't giving those cars their full power.

That viper is insane, I've actually seen a Hennessey Venom viper at one of the upper class car shows around town, had a timeslip with low 11's though!

That may be a corvette lovers worst nightmare but consider this gentlemen.
    A 10 Liter Boss 429 powered 94 mustang

This car made 855 horsepower, 790 lb.-ft., and it ran (if you could get enough traction), 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, 0-100 in 5.5 seconds, and the quarter-mile in 10.55 seconds @ 135.05 mph.

As for something you can actually buy,(sort of) almost nothing can beat the venom vipers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Vette that Lingenfelter tuned matched the 0-60 and killed that 'stang in the 1/4. And, it goes for $145K... That's insanity. That's a world record car.

Thread Information