Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Renault make engines for Nissan?

Thanks for the info guys. I'm still not sure though, does Renault supply the engine for the Platina or do they just provide the funds for Nissan's R and R?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

While were on the subject of that chart...
    That chart is at least a year old i remember seeing it awhile ago, and MG Rover are still on there so it can't be too new. What is the company under Samsung and also i thought fiat owned 100% of ferrari is it really only 56%?

In the last episode of Top Gear which was august 15th I think when jeremy was talking about the nissan 350z roadster i'm pretty sure he made a comment about how renault makes nissan's engines now.

I had always thought that it was Nissan that made the engines for Renault...
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

This may confuse things more, but i heard that lotus helps with the gtr's suspension. not sure if its just w/ the new one or past ones as well. but is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    I had always thought that it was Nissan that made the engines for Renault...
    I'm officialy confused now...Matra, where are you????!!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

WELL.. The engines used for the Murano .. Infinity fx35 and the 350z are those of the Renault Velsatis 3.5 liter.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

its still a really nice chart.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    It sucks a bit really. I mean yeah, Ghosn way back in '96 was the only reason that Nissan survives today but just where has it's Japanese technology gone? No wonder people were comparing the 350z to a European Counter more thann any others - I couldn't figure it out until I heard about this just now. Renault has kept their face down for quite a number of years now - so I SUPPOSE taking interest in Nissan would make it a bit more lively, logically from their view. From a biased car fan's (hey, who isn't?) POV it's just another hungry industry dominating that, if could be avoided, would be MUCH better.

Samsung is on there because they supply the Renault electronics.

The chart also fails to mention that Proton own Lotus now, not sure of a percentage, but they certainly control Lotus. Also, GM and FIAT I believe have pulled out of each other, Maserati is moved to the Alfa Romeo arm of FIAT, and there's a plethora of commercial ranges that aren't included there. Hino, Iveco, Scania, that sorta thing. The engine in question came from Renault, but Nissan's engineers probably played with it to get it to the various states of tune that it's in. Nissan used to be known as a company of engineers, so their cars were great, yet uninspiring. Renault came in to give them some pizazz.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Honda is Acura, same reason they didn't include Infiniti, but no idea why they put Lexus in. Honda pwns because they don't even need alliances to keep them going. And what does Samsung have to do with cars?
    Samsung badge engineers old Generation Nissan sedans and sells them in Japan.

Acuras are hondas with a new badge. Lexus' are not
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Renault makes all the diesel engines fitted in Nissan's lesser models.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Acuras are hondas with a new badge. Lexus' are not
    Lexus are toyotas with a new badge. The big one is called Celsior in Japan, the GS300 is also sold as a Toyota and the Landcruiser can also be had as Lexus
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

They're gonna start using the Lexus badge in Japan, or so I heard.

Thread Information