• M3

38 53.52%
  • C6

33 46.48%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 05' BMW M3 vs. 05' Chevrolet Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    It depends on the track.. I think the M3 has better handling overall
    Not a chance. C6 is built to compete with 911, Modena... M3 can't even compete with it.

Too bad I don't have about 90 grand amongst my pocket change - buy both and compare them every day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Flynn
    Too bad I don't have about 90 grand amongst my pocket change - buy both and compare them every day!!!
    Excellent idea. You'd sell the C6 within a week

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega
    Not a chance. C6 is built to compete with 911, Modena... M3 can't even compete with it.
    I'm not speaking in the sense of the M3 outrunning the C6 on a track like the Nurburgring. I'm referring to the car having a better feel and 'handle' overall, hence, a better drive. I think the C6's is handling is great, just not at the same level as the M3. However, like I said, the C6 would beat the M3 around most tracks, simply because it overpowers it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    non-handling piece of shit- just like it is

I gues that's why racing version of C6, C6-R, had won LeMans this year, and C5-R years before, against the likes of 550 Maranelo and DBR9.

non-handling piece of shit- just like it is
    Lol, I think you went a lil to far with that one. You gotta give respect where respect is do.

I gues that's why racing version of C6, C6-R, had won LeMans this year, and C5-R years before, against the likes of 550 Maranelo and DBR9.
    And Citroen makes race-bred versions of their cars for the WRC (and they win). Doesn't make the cars any better. Race homolagation shouldn't be compared with the street version of a car.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    Lol, I think you went a lil to far with that one. You gotta give respect where respect is do.
    OK, it can handle, but it's still a piece of shit

but it's still a piece of shit
    Care to explain why you think this ?

I'm not speaking in the sense of the M3 outrunning the C6 on a track like the Nurburgring. I'm referring to the car having a better feel and 'handle' overall, hence, a better drive. I think the C6's is handling is great, just not at the same level as the M3. However, like I said, the C6 would beat the M3 around most tracks, simply because it overpowers it.
    And I think M3 doesn't have "...car having a better feel and 'handle' overall, hence, a better drive."

I'm not gonna debate on this anymore.

Corvette is anything but usual American sportscar. It's completely different to almost any american sportscar. All you guys, who thnik that C6 handles like a piece of shit, should really read some reviews of it.

And Citroen makes race-bred versions of their cars for the WRC (and they win). Doesn't make the cars any better. Race homolagation shouldn't be compared with the street version of a car.
    Bad comparision. You should look sole purpose of a base car. Xsara's sole purpose is family car, and C6...

Sure, C6 and C6-R are different cars, no doubt about that, but base of C6-R, C6, is what makes it so good, apart from great engeneering.

And I think M3 doesn't have "...car having a better feel and 'handle' overall, hence, a better drive."

Corvette is anything but usual American sportscar. It's completely different to almost any american sportscar. All you guys, who thnik that C6 handles like a piece of shit, should really read some reviews of it.

Bad comparision. You should look sole purpose of a base car. Xsara's sole purpose is family car, and C6...

Sure, C6 and C6-R are different cars, no doubt about that, but base of C6-R, C6, is what makes it so good, apart from great engeneering.
    Excellent- one less housefly to annoy us

Yes, it may be anything but the usual AMERICAN sportscar, but ALL the reviews I have read have said the same thing- it comes below the benchmarks, such as the 997, the F430, and by the way, Top Gear Magazine conducted a test between the C6, M3 and Monaro. They thought the M3 was a much better driver's car, but the C6 was still pretty good for an AMERICAN car.

What do you mean bad comparison??? When you compare the Xsara with the Focus, you have WRC cars from Citroen that are really good, but crap road cars, and from Ford a decent WRC AND excellent road car. That would make it fair to say that whilst the C6 could be a better Le Mans racer, out of that and a DB9 which would you take?

Your the only one who is dillusional. An M3 is much better at handling than the C6. And your statement about it being built to compete with 911's etc is true. But the fact of the matter is, it just doesn't it is completely out classed.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

That's my personal opinion, based on prior/recent reviews of the cars. I think the last generation M3 (E46 I believe) was voted the best handling car in the world, bar none. I doubt the car would lose performance over another generation.

Sure, the Xsara's a family car, but it's competitors in WRC: WRX STi, Mitsubishi Evo, etc. are all sports cars, and damn good ones. They're all about even in performance (in WRC) so race homolagation can't be used as an argument in my books. On the other hand, they also have the Hyundai Elantra and Peugeot 206/306.. which are small, average family cars. Same applies w/ performance in the WRC. (obviously not as good as the Citroen, but that has more to do w/ funding and experience imo.)

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the C6, and same applies for the Z06/BlueDevil (if they make it), but I like the M3 just a LITTLE bit more.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 08-28-2005 at 03:28 PM.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by 3spddrft
    At the Top Gear test track wasn't the BASE C6 quicker than a exige around the track?
    No.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps/
    The Elise isn't really a contest if you are taking into consideration budget performance and something practical. The Caterham and Westfield are both far too impractical for a daily driver. I'm not too sure about the Noble.
    'impractical' - says who ?
    I know lots of people who use Loti, Caterhams, Westfields, Strykers at al as their daily drivers - and THAT in the Scottish climate too
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    'impractical' - says who ?
    I know lots of people who use Loti, Caterhams, Westfields, Strykers at al as their daily drivers - and THAT in the Scottish climate too
    Sure, it's possible, but I bet it's not fun.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information