• C6

33 46.48%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 05' BMW M3 vs. 05' Chevrolet Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    No.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps/

'impractical' - says who ?
    I know lots of people who use Loti, Caterhams, Westfields, Strykers at al as their daily drivers - and THAT in the Scottish climate too
    Masochists, queue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega

I gues that's why racing version of C6, C6-R, had won LeMans this year, and C5-R years before, against the likes of 550 Maranelo and DBR9.
    oh dear.
    The Corvette did NOT win Le Mans because of it's handling
    You shoudlnt' take the RESULT of an endurance race and make inappropriate conclusions. Even the 911s were faster through the chicane and esses

There was also a slight edge of 'luck' this year in the 24h - but that's the way it works out The sad thing about this year is both Aston and Corvettes werent' going flat out to ensure neither is punished for the ALMS series
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Masochists, queue here.
    Masochism is competing in WINTER in an overnight rally in a Stryker ( Lotus 7 copy ) - WITH THE HOOD DOWN !! We gave the marshals a laugh at each checkpoint Temps down to -2

Besides, we're REAL men up here ---- just ask any of the sheep !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

oh dear.
    You shoudlnt' take the RESULT of an endurance race and make inappropriate conclusions. Even the 911s were faster through the chicane and esses

There was also a slight edge of 'luck' this year in the 24h - but that's the way it works out The sad thing about this year is both Aston and Corvettes werent' going flat out to ensure neither is punished for the ALMS series
    Matra, deal w/ Vic Vega for me please. I'm tired, and I know he'll go bash my C6 rant.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Masochism is competing in WINTER in an overnight rally in a Stryker ( Lotus 7 copy ) - WITH THE HOOD DOWN !! We gave the marshals a laugh at each checkpoint Temps down to -2

Besides, we're REAL men up here ---- just ask any of the sheep !!!!!
    Yes, I've experienced cold winters up here in Reykjavik

Yes, our sheep tell much the same story, did you know they can communicate via telepathy?

Anyways- our n00b infestation appears to have cleared up!!!

Excellent- one less housefly to annoy us
    The way you debate. Great.

What do you mean bad comparison???
    Your inability to read is exceptional.

Ford ... excellent road car.
    LOL

That would make it fair to say that whilst the C6 could be a better Le Mans racer, out of that and a DB9 which would you take?
    In between of "ordinary" C6 and DB9 (and not because DB9 handles better), I would take DB9, in between Z06, or if they build Blue Devil, and DB9, Z06/Blue Devil is my choice.

LOL
    'Vic' there is a world of difference between the Ford cr@p sold in the US and European versions. Ford America decides that American consumers wouldnt' pay for the better quality offered and so they IS cars typcially are 2-5 years behind the design/build cycle in European Fords.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    That's my personal opinion, based on prior/recent reviews of the cars. I think the last generation M3 (E46 I believe) was voted the best handling car in the world, bar none. I doubt the car would lose performance over another generation.
    E46 has best handling in it's clas, to say it has best handling in the world is overstatement of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Sure, the Xsara's a family car, but it's competitors in WRC: WRX STi, Mitsubishi Evo, etc. are all sports cars, and damn good ones. They're all about even in performance (in WRC) so race homolagation can't be used as an argument in my books. On the other hand, they also have the Hyundai Elantra and Peugeot 206/306.. which are small, average family cars. Same applies w/ performance in the WRC. (obviously not as good as the Citroen, but that has more to do w/ funding and experience imo.)

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the C6, and same applies for the Z06/BlueDevil (if they make it), but I like the M3 just a LITTLE bit more.
    Z06 is already built, Blue Devil is different car.

E46 has best handling in it's clas, to say it has best handling in the world is overstatement of the year.
    I'm quite sure that it won the best handling car in the world. If someone had the link it would help.
    Z06 is already built, Blue Devil is different car.
    I know that. That's why I said (if they build it) after the Blue Devil bit.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I like the M3 a lot but the C6 is a new car and i would love to drive one someday or maybe the new Z06. I would go with the C6 but if you were comparing it to the newer M3 which will be released soon then i would wait and see how it does to make up my mind but i would never doubt BMW. They have a great way of surprising people.

oh dear.

It's commonly known that C5-R has best handling among GT cars (550, S7R, DBR9 ...), it's very impressive over bumps, but what makes it so special is that it rides curbs better than any GT car. C6-R is even better in terms of handling, and that's not something I said, or imagined, it's what drivers are saying.

Also to note C6-R at Le Mans had engine from C5 R, next year they gonna have beand new C6-R engine with around 700 BHP.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-28-2005 at 04:08 PM.

It's commonly known that C5-R has best handling among GT cars (550, S7R, DBR9 ...), it's very impressive over bumps, but what makes it so special is that it rides curbs better than any GT car. C6-R is even better in terms of handling, and that's not something I said, or imagined, it's what drivers are saying.
    Have any quotes/sources? I believe you, but I just want to see what the drivers said.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The c6 may not handle as well as the m3 but its nothing a set of sticky tires and sway bars can't fix. About the interior... It may not be as good as the m3's but it doesn't make the c6 a piece of shit.
    Last edited by shr0olvl; 08-28-2005 at 04:10 PM.

'Vic' there is a world of difference between the Ford cr@p sold in the US and European versions. Ford America decides that American consumers wouldnt' pay for the better quality offered and so they IS cars typcially are 2-5 years behind the design/build cycle in European Fords.
    I'm from Europe, and I can tell you that Focus never even got near to Golf 4, in terms of quality and reliability, so which excellent road car are we talking about? I would take Xsara over Focus any day, they're pretty much the same in every compartment, except Focus has better "handling" but Xsara is more comfortable, so Xsara in my books.

Your first hour on the forums vic and you have already pissed people off. I would like you to stay on the forums, but just tone it down a little bit.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information