Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your affordable dream car

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    on of the new GT500's. saving up for one right now...should be able to take out a small loan which will be easily payed off if i keep saving a decent size of my paycheck and be able to get one right when they come out in 06. i might just break down and buy an older mustang for now tho and just buy a shelby in a couple years.
    my suggestion would be just hold on to your money for now, there will be something pretty spetaular (Ford Mustang) coming. I'm holding out already, will know for sure its production on mid to late 06.
    '67 Shelby Mustang GT500 "Eleanor"
    '06 Honda Accord

I'd try and find an Alpine A110 1600S, and other "Affordable" dream cars would be: More MR2's (a supercharged amoung them.), a Corrado SLC, an old school Beetle (preferrably a '69. Oops, can I say "69" on UCP's censorship-heavy board?), A Porsche 944, an old school Mustang or Corvair Monza, A Ginetta G4 (That might be a problem, I'm a titch over 6 feet tall), a Lancia Delta Integrale (if that can be called "Affordable"), an Older Porsche 911...

*I'd have those and a few more (A beater, an old cadillac, a pick up truck of sorts etc), but if I was filthy rich and could acquire them, I'd have the following along side them:

a Porsche 959 or Carrera GT, whichever I find first
    a McLaren F1
    a Ferrari 288 GTO
    a Ferrari F430 (I'd try and find one with a regular clutch and stick. Paddle shifting doesn't appeal to me at all)
    a vintage Bentley Blower
    a '67 ish Mustang GT500 Fastback (replacing the old school Mustang I already would have)
    a '66 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe
    An Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, provided they put it into production.
    A Lancia Stratos...
    and finally, a BMW M1

...damn, this was only supposed to be about "affordable" dream cars, huh? Oh well. Actually, all cars listed are about equal on my wishlist.

*= obviously I wouldn't have all those cars, because then they wouldn't be "affordable" anymore. But if I had all the money in the world, these are all the car's I'd have.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    XY Falcon GTHO replica...i'd be too afraid to drive one of the real things with how much theyre worth these days
    There's a genuine one in Unique Cars - I think it's an XW though, and I can't remember the price but it was around 170K

That really is something, although many people claiming to be enthusiasts prefer the Phase 2 to the Phase 3 as its got the hotter cam letting it rev right up to 7000rpm. Ever since FPV's made a serious attempt, theyve doubled in price though. Phase 3's used to go for $60-80K 5 years ago, now you dont seem to get change from $150K!
    I am the Stig

I always thought that Phase 3s were well over 100K (well, for the last 10 or so years anyways - that's when I first started appreciating old school muscle). Also, my mate bought a genuine XY GT for about 30K about 3 years ago and now it's apparently worth close to 80K!!!

I'll have to get some pics of it up here - it's cream worthy

1980's jag xjs 4000 to 5000 $ now thats chep im 16 and i could aford it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 100%jaglover; 09-11-2005 at 01:23 AM.

On the subject of Jags, it's not a "dream" but I quite fancy owning an early XJ6 - for a time at least - just to see how we get on!

G

Ps - on the XJS - you could buy it .... but can you afford to run it?
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Pillarless coupe for sale near me
    If I didnt' already have more cars than garage space I'd be up for it !!!!!!!
    Surely one of THE prettiest jags ever.
    I think he's only looking for £4000 !!!!
    For those who're not Jag-fans .... the pillarless Jags .......
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

many people claiming to be enthusiasts prefer the Phase 2 to the Phase 3 as its got the hotter cam letting it rev right up to 7000rpm
    Clevelands were more of a revver than 351 Windsors. Phase 3 GT-HO's factory-blueprinted 'QC' 351C does 7000+ if revlimiter is disconnected. IIRC some Phase 2s were factory-fitted with Clevelands (Phase 2 1/2) also quite a few XW GTs

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo
    I always thought that Phase 3s were well over 100K (well, for the last 10 or so years anyways - that's when I first started appreciating old school muscle). Also, my mate bought a genuine XY GT for about 30K about 3 years ago and now it's apparently worth close to 80K!!!

Saw not one but two XY GT-HOs at Wakefield Park recently! 'World's fastest production sedan' in their day, they still look tough-as ..

Nice... Not my cup of tea, I have to say, but then I'm a sissy pom! And that front is screaming "GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!"
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo

Supposedly at the end of the 80's they were topping 100K, before coming back to 70K in the 90's, but yeah at this rate it seems theres no benchmark anymore.
    I am the Stig

My dream exotic would be a used lotus elise 111s with the gran touring package. get a custom soundtrack and custom seats with a tubi exaust no bodykits no spoilers exept for factory ones no window tint or anything
    but then i like the Etype and old lambos with no windsheilds and stuff like that
    in the long run i hope to get a used diablo or something like that
    but live in a crappy house with alot of garage space
    and gradually work up to a nicer house. then get a rolex or a tag huger and some suits and stuff like that lol
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    then get a rolex or a tag huger

You mean Tag Heuer?

a bmw m6.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i made this exact thread a while ago!

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...lity+dream+car

but its all in good fun!

2 years: 2001 330Ci, Maybe M3, classic 911, Escalade

out of college (2013): something fast and fun, maybe a used DB9

a few years after i start my first restaurant, new version of DB9 and F430 (if ferrari STOP the direction they are going) if not, then a carrera turbo
    College is a waste if you're going to open a restaurant.

Right now a Honda Civic 2006 sedan, too bad it's not RWD. I like the mileage.
    Later something that runs on hydrogen. **** this gas shit.
    Last edited by QBridge; 10-05-2005 at 06:03 AM.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

Thread Information