Thread: Resolution Problem.

Resolution Problem.

I have a slight problem with a new TV. My dad just bought a new Sharp 32" LCD Widescreen TV. We always want to hook up a laptop/computer to it so we can watch movies from the computer. We tried S-Video but it sucks, so we turned to VGA. The resolution and detail is amazing but there is a slight problem. The computer is 4:3. I can stretch it but it looks distorted on the TV. My computer video card has widescreen resolution (I tried 1360x768) but the signal is still 4:3. My question is how can I make it so the singal can be widescreen and the resolution not be distorted?
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

you need to tell us the computer and video card.
    Also make sure you've switched the TV to the correct mode. It's possible the PC output isn't switching the TV to widescreen./ Cycle round the stretch options on the TV and see if you can force it.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The computer is custom-built and it's been upgraded over the years. The graphics card is a Geforce FX5600 at 256 mb. The TV has a DVI input but since I don't have a DVI cable, I placed a DVI to VGA converter. The Input is correctly put in. Also, the TV has 3 settings for PC, Zoom, Stretched and Dot by Dot. Zoom obviously zooms in on the signal, Stretched streches the 4:3 (which I'm currently using, kind of weird but works for now) and Dot by Dot displayed the actual resolution of the chosen resolution onto the resolution of the TV. It's on Dot by Dot that I'm having problems. Obviously a 1024x768 resolution is 4:3 but I changed it to 1360x768 (which is also the TV's maximum resolution) and it's not widescreen, it's still displayed in a 4:3 format.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Thread Information