Thread: GM going bankrupt???

how many car companies does GM own? i kno so far they own

Doge
    Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts
    how many car companies does GM own? i kno so far they own

Doge
    Pontiac
    "Dodge" is chrysler. I know sweet FA about american cars, but even I know that.

Opel
    Vauxhall
    Holden
    Chevrolet
    Saab
    Buick
    Hummer

Some or all of:
    Daewoo and Fiat (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    "Dodge" is chrysler. I know sweet FA about american cars, but even I know that.

Opel
    Vauxhall
    Holden
    Chevrolet
    Saab
    Buick
    Hummer

Some or all of:
    GMC, one of the mainstays of the truck sales in North America
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Cadillac, too.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

thats it?? i figured way more

there are heaps as they seem so have been collecting car co's for years

those that haven't been said are
    saturn
    oldsmobile

and they have connections with
    subaru
    isuzu
    suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Some or all of:
    I seem to remember smeone posting an image (dont remember if it was on this forum or not) that had a spider diagram of the main manufacturers (fiat, GM, toyota etcetc) and it had all the companies and % that they owned. I will try and have a look for it.

All i know is that GM own Chevy, Pontiac,Buick, Caddilac,GMC, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Hummer, Saab, Holden, Vauxhall/opel and Sabb.

AF
    Last edited by adamfraser; 09-06-2005 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by some financial website ;)
    General Motors We wrote Friday about the earning warning and future guidance of General Motors. In reflection over the weekend, this could very well be a much more significant event than first reported by the media. GM president in the 1950’s, Charles Wilson stated, “What’s good for General Motors is good for the country”, a famous saying that has stuck for almost half a century. At that time GM had over ½ the U.S. car market and was the world’s unquestionable industry leader. Today that share has shrunk to a meager 24% of the market and GM’s market leadership is fast falling to Japanese car market Toyota. GM has a market value of about $16 billion; however, it owes bondholders more than $115 billion. In the coming quarter GM is now forecasting an almost $1 billion dollar loss and has cut its guidance in for 2005 of profits of $4 to $5 per share to $1 to $2 per share, and those numbers are questionable. With supply far outstripping demand, auto manufacturers are literally giving cars away to move inventory. In almost any other case, GM’s situation would make it a candidate for bankruptcy, and that is now a distinct possibility. Paying out billions per year in pension costs and healthcare payments for employees is crippling more than the auto industry. However, a GM bankruptcy could have devastating long term effects on the stock markets and investor confidence. It used to be one could buy GM stock with impunity as a conservative and safe investment paying almost a guaranteed divided that rose regularly. Today, holders of GM stock have seen it lose 14% in one day’s trading last week and it is now at a 52 week low. With Standard and Poor’s revising its ratings on GM the possibility of GM bonds going to junk could be the push that puts the car company into Chapter 11; an event that would reverberate through the whole market.
    Well, they are definitely going under. If they owe bondholders more than $115billion, they are pretty screwed.

AF

Well first thing is to cut the pension bullshit, and fast. Thats a downright pain the GM Companies ass. And 2nd, maybe make some decent cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Well first thing is to cut the pension bullshit, and fast. Thats a downright pain the GM Companies ass. And 2nd, maybe make some decent cars?
    Like promoting the Geo more
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

GM will keep falling till they realise this, they own many car makers around the world that sell great cars. Time they used them better instead of draining them for there own home market
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i read in this bussiness magizine they were the most profitable company in the US, even more than microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts
    i read in this bussiness magizine they were the most profitable company in the US, even more than microsoft
    Doubt it, GM prob. sold more than Microsoft, but it didn't result in higher profits. GM could have sold 1,500,000 cars in two months (made up figure), but that doesn't mean they're making money on every car.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    Well, they are definitely going under. If they owe bondholders more than $115billion, they are pretty screwed.

AF
    GM is worth 300 Billion, thats Billion with a B

every car company has bad periods but you dont see a thousand threads about them going bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    GM is worth 300 Billion, thats Billion with a B
    Maybe you should read this excert from adamfraser's post
    Quote Originally Posted by "some financial website;)
    GM has a market value of about $16 billion
    Market valuation is what the market (investors, share holders.....) consider the company to be worth. Where did you get a figure that is 18.75 times this?

Thread Information