Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1990 Camry

Quote Originally Posted by Syko
    why do people take things so seriously?

or take offence to peoples opinion
    That tends to happen when you make blanket statements like that with absolutely no evidence to back up your claim.

Like the others said, check for any leaks in the radiator/hoses. Also, there may be a short somewhere that is causing the battery to drain. Only advice I can offer for that is to either check the alternator or try and find if there is a short somewhere in one of the circuits.

iam not sure what the US spec camry's have but the australian ones are ugly, have soft suspension, are underpowered, low dynamics and for the price of a v6 model you could get a large sized car which has better handling,better safety features and is overall better car.

sure its reliable and has good fuel efficency, but there not the only reasons to buy a car.

also consider how it compares to its competitors the mazda 6, honda accord, subaru liberty and the opel/holden vectra. Not very well at all.
    in fact that very comparsion can be found here

You don't see many in Britain either, I think people who want a car like that buy a Mondeo or an Accord.

thx you guys
    well here it the update on the car
    I had the alternator replaced... twice... once the volt reading on the battery was 12.x when the car was running in ilde. A second time, the battery light indicator on the car lighted up.
    I think both times, I had a bad or a defective alternator.
    Going to have it replace a third time to see if this will work.

As for the radiator, it seems that the car isnt heating up as much any more after I changed all the liquid in the radiator.
    However I still have to add a little bit of the coolant like every few days.

I havent have time to check that out since I have been trying to fit the battery problem.

And I do admit camry looks boring, but am not rich, and have parents that are so stuck into buying accords and camrys... o well.. stuck with parents and car... so have to fix both.. ^_^

Just to whin, I hate hate car problems..... T_T

Thread Information