Thread: If you look at the v8 supercar website...

If you look at the v8 supercar website...

Youll notice that the 2004 listings have come upthere are still places to be filled out (like paul romano motorsports) and we are yet to see Tony longhursts name crop up and i think there are still a few free booms so im assuming they are yet to complete it and most teams would still be in their "shake down" periods.

DJR konica also has 2 drivers this time around and holden young lions are yet to secure a driver (ME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE im ever so enthusiastic ) and morky has finally updated to a VT.....
    It seems jamie wincup and david besnard are with out drives this year.

well longhurst has signed up with rod nash racing and perkins engineering so he should be at least starting the year in a VX before going to a VY.
    I am the Stig

As i said there isnt an entry for rod nash racing and there is only 30 cars out of like 33-34 alloud and it seems a lot of people missed out on drivwes this year like greg ritter and bessie.

well i'l have to check it out to see the entrants, as holdenHFV6 wants me to keep him up to date with this years points on the system i came up with. plus ive also heard a rumour Bessie secured a deal with 00 Motorsport. I think hes still contracted to Ford for 2 years so he wont be switching to Holden too easily
    I am the Stig

Hes free of any and all previous contracts he might of had. And im sure 00 is dead as both halves (places for cars) have been sold one to a commaodre cup driver and one to Kmart raceing so they no longer had to hire John Faulkerns spot.

well what makes you think he's contract free, i was under the impression he was under the same terms as Ambrose, Ingall and Lowndes in that he was "bought" by Ford, unless i read something somewhere wrong
    I am the Stig

from what ive heard though, 00 motorsport is getting a new BA prepared, so unless Bob Forbes has found some money laying around, Ford's given them some backing or some top sponsors come on board
    I am the Stig

It all went pair shaped for them when loundsy left and went to fpr...but still bob couldent have much money left he even gave his son rodney the can! unless they didnt go through with selling it to the commaodre cup bloke.

well people now question the decision for Bob Forbes to even have come onboard, the situation with 00 is usually the first thing to come up when anyone mentions betta electrical pulling their sponsorship from team brock, now known as PWR racing
    I am the Stig

Yeah its taken a side step for them hasnt it? quite strange really they didnt do too badly in the 03 season and now their starved for sponsors it seems.

well they probably wont do too bad, with Peter Brock and Betta Electrical now long gone i guess we should just be holding them in the same boat as Steve Ellery Racing. Kees Weel's probably just hoping he doesnt have to make the decision that when the funds get tough and they have to run only 1 car, does he choose his son over Bright or not.......
    I am the Stig

Well with brocks name gone i can almost garentee you their merchandise WILL NOT MOVE...and like wise their stands will be empty with the absence of brocks race cars (targa monaro and some jackaroo thing)

well theyve got the PWR300, with a 314kw turbo 6, 380mm front rotors and 320mm rears so thats bound to draw some attention, plus theyre planning on releasing some holden products as well. on the note of Brocks Monaro though, theres some ford vs holden road rally leading up to the Clipsal 500 and dick johnson's gunna be leading the fords in his own HP320 and Brocks gunna hop aboard his targa tasmania Monaro, which is supposedly about 500hp
    I am the Stig

Thread Information