Thread: Lamborghini needs to make a LIGHT supercar

Lamborghini needs to make a LIGHT supercar

With Lamborghini's Murcielago weighing in at over 3800 lbs I think they need to drop some weight. The Enzo weighs just over 3200 lbs. That's 600 lbs lighter than the Lambo. If Lamborghini cpuld some how get the Murcielago down to something like 3400 lbs that would make a big difference. The Lambo weighs as much as a touring car like the Ferrari 575M Maranello. Thoughts people.

faster braking, faster acceleration, better handling...no, lighter cars suck!

the mclaren was what, 2600 lbs and it's still the fastest car on the road.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. They also need to make it 10g's, so i can buy it.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Lamborghini has a bit of a history of introducing a standard base model and then over the years it's in production going nuts on it. Look at all the different variations of the Countach and Diablo there were. With the current cars the biggest weight problem is the fancy four-wheel-drive system with all it's differentials and electronics and stuff. I reckon give it a couple of years and Lambo will come out with a variant or two on the current models.

I've got my fingers crossed for a rear-wheel-drive Gallardo, possibly with more carbonfibre panels, carbon brakes, and a more hardcore interior. I reckon they could trim the weight down to about 1300kg/2860lb. Slap an SV badge on it, tweak it on the test track, and it'll be out thrashing the pants off the 360 Challenge Stradale any time, anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    faster braking, faster acceleration, better handling...no, lighter cars suck!
    erm, yes, yeas and yes.
    Of course that's unless you're comparing a Fiat 126 and a Lambo.
    BUT compare the best power/weight lightweights with the supercars adn the lightweights win out in everything apart from "J-LO pose value" L)

Quote Originally Posted by jameswithington
    Lamborghini has a bit of a history of introducing a standard base model and then over the years it's in production going nuts on it. Look at all the different variations of the Countach and Diablo there were. With the current cars the biggest weight problem is the fancy four-wheel-drive system with all it's differentials and electronics and stuff. I reckon give it a couple of years and Lambo will come out with a variant or two on the current models.

I've got my fingers crossed for a rear-wheel-drive Gallardo, possibly with more carbonfibre panels, carbon brakes, and a more hardcore interior. I reckon they could trim the weight down to about 1300kg/2860lb. Slap an SV badge on it, tweak it on the test track, and it'll be out thrashing the pants off the 360 Challenge Stradale any time, anywhere!
    Your right, I think if they just dropped the all wheel drive and lightened a few other components you would see a much quicker car.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Thread Information